Barclay's disguise charges

bahoney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just checked my account online statementand realised I have yet again gone over my overdraft limit. What's interesting though, is that the £30 charge has now been renamed to Commission.

Anyone else seen this disguise in their statement?? Barclay's do move in mysterious ways!!!!

bahoney

Commission for what? Taking your money??!! HSBC started this last year and changed unauthorised penalty charges to "service fee"or some such baloney. As far as I'm concerned, they can try & convince a judge it's not a penalty fee.

I got charged for going overdrawn on 16/03 and it is showing on online banking as "Paid Referral Fee".

ditto this is what shows up on mine too difft day of course. gonna get that back :D

I just noticed this new tactic as well.....

Friday 9/3 Pd Referral Fee £30

Monday 12/3 Commission £30 (Overlimit charge in disguise???)

So, illegal charges of £60 for exceeding my overdraft limit by £40 for ONE DAY (as back below limit on the Monday)

Grr....wish they'd hurry up and reply to my SAR

I had this on my online statement to..... I sent a e-mailed question to there complaints department and it had mysteriously vanished the next day!!! the reply to my question was "we are unable to answer you please feel free to visit your branch"

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26.01.07

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Settlement 14.05.07 (£2270)

Presumably, to convince the world that their penalties are not actually penalties after all - they are actually perfectly "legitimate, fair and transparent" pre-agreed contractual services charges! Ooops, silly us, we'd better all pack up and go home then.........:grin:

Seriously though, what they call them does not change a thing in legal terms, the courts would see it for what it is - an attempt to 'cloak' or disguise their penalties. Its nothing new. Also see section 4.21 of the OFT report.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.