• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Natwest customers - what do they charge you?

jonni2bad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Needed for research asap.....

Any and all current charges please, post below

Many thanks :grin:

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Nat West have jsut issued a leaflet (NWB3773) spelling out their charges:

Unarranged borrowing (exceeding overdraft limit) £28

Unarranged transaction (SO, DD bounced) £38

Guaranteed Card payment (cheque wit card taked you over limit) £35

Paid referral (going overdrawn when no allowed) £30

Default notice £30

Hope that helps

Steven

Guest NATTIE

jonni2bad, a pm to me and i could have got you the lot from unlawful charges to lawful charges to service charges to charges full stop. Need any more charges and i am sure i will either have the info to hand or can get the info.

• 1 year later...

........and I am very proud to WORK for them, pmsl. This could be quite an interesting night ahead.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I moved my account after 25 complaints to their customer service department, some of them very serious indeed, and they had the cheek to ask me why I wanted to move my account - I simply told them the account was not suitable for me as a Solo card did not meet my needs and got all huffy when I asked them why my credit rating wasnt good enough for a Maestro with them but was good enough for a Visa Debit with A&L!!!

Simple. Those 25 mistakes had wrecked my rating with them.

Yourbank, good luck to you. A relative of mine was a branch manager for them, they forced him to work 70 hours a week and promptly fired him without any form of support when he had a nervous breakdown.

What lovely people your employers are.... :eek:

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Is it just about who you work for or the people your work with and the customers that you serve?

There are good days and there are bad days, I know the worst of what the bank can do and the best that the bank can do.

For me, the bank continues to improve in terms of what it offers customers and what it offers staff.

There are many things I dislike about the banking system itself and the bank from both local to national to group level but you cannot change anything from the outside.

I once said on Stephen Hone's site on Penalty Charges, when my time ends with the bank, I will not be a disillusioned bank worker screaming about what the bank didn't do for me, colleagues and customers.

If the bank sack me, it serves no purpose for me to gripe at them(I become what I would have said I would not become). If I resign, then I will have chosen to go and Bank Charges forums, will never be my reason to quit.

I guess we all have to judge a financial institution on our own experiences, and for me I have not had a bad experience as a customer.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

True, YB, true. But my relative didnt gripe either.. he took them to a tribunal and won. They offered him his job back but he told them to get stuffed and now he has a first-class degree and is a housing advisor for the Government... Nat Wests loss!i was just very hacked off with NatWest towards the end.... they didnt really seem to care when I was at my lowest with money and desperately struggling... I had 5p in my pocket once and I begged them to help me so I could eat... the sour-faced woman looked at me like I was something that she had trodden in and said 'Its not my problem.' Yet at my local branch of A&L the branch manager (bless her) gave me 50p from her OWN POCKET so I could get to work.I guess that everyone does have different experiences and I suppose you see things differently when you are an employee - I used to work for the Abbey and thought they were great (this was pre-Santander though) but not everyone agreed with me evidently :-) Ive had nothing but grief with NatWest but Im sure its not the same for everyone....

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Natwest are no different than any other finanial organisation. When you have money, they're all over you. When you don't, you are treated like ****. There's no middle ground....or personal connection behind dealing with a bank.

I was made redundant about 6/7 months ago, received a few grand in compensation. Every time I would speak to them on the phone or go into the local branch I would be offered anything and everything. And now......I'm still searching for a job, had to move back home because I couldn't afford the rent...

I had a bizarre conversation with Natwest before I moved back home....They charged me £38 because there was not enough money in my account to cover a payment of £275 for my rent....In fact, my account was at zero...So I queried how they can have a system that doesn't recognise when my account has no money in it?? and Why have I been charged when you are aware there is no money in my acount? Her answer was that, I'd instructed them to take the money....so I again made the point, that there was no money in my account??? her answer was the same....I instructed Natwest to transfer the money...blah blah blah.....

I swear things would be much easier if we could all go back to keeping our money under the bed....

work head off for a moment. If I have payments going out of the account and I am moving out, the first thing I do is cancel the standing order going out of my account. It means that the bank cannot charge me if I have no payment going out.

Bank hat back on, money or otherwise, current bank policy is that if there is No bank error then there is No refund.

What about when the bank makes an error? Your account should be put back in order had the error not occurred and that includes compensation for phone calls, bank charges incurred if any and inconvenience(difficult to define).

Thats very interesting YourBank.... NatWest left me and my disabled partner without heat, light or food on Christmas Day through their error (admitted by them) and it took long enough for them to give me my charges bakc so is compo just an urban myth???

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

If you can provide details of financial loss as a result, then NO it is not an urban myth. The above is what the FOS would expect a financial institution to do.

I swear things would be much easier if we could all go back to keeping our money under the bed....

I agree with Jase1982 - Natwest are going to get a visit from me on Monday, closing my current account. I am going to request they give me a letter stating the day the account was closed, and that I handed in my card and cheque book. I don't need a cheque book at all and I am not bothered about my credit rating, so they can't take what I haven't got any more in silly maintenance charges - what is there to maintain in an account which isn't used much anyway?

If they don't agree to confirming in writing my account is closed I will complain very firmly to them that in this day and age I am doing the correct thing and need confirmation due to fraud issues. After all somebody could get my cheque book and run up a massive overdraft and I would be stuck with it....

Bookie, by now you know, that I am not my usual self. I am still looking for trends that are happening and seeing what I can do but I know how the forum was like when I joined and what it is like now. I just do not want the big hullah argument. Its hot enough outside let alone inside and on the forum. Maybe another time in the past I would have taken on views firmly and strongly. I don't feel the same at the moment.

Do I know how the charges are levied? YES

Do I know how the charges are determined? NO

Do I know the true cost of charges? NO

Will I ever get that information? NO