Natwest customers - what do they charge you?

jonni2bad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Needed for research asap.....

Any and all current charges please, post below

Many thanks :grin:

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Nat West have jsut issued a leaflet (NWB3773) spelling out their charges:

Unarranged borrowing (exceeding overdraft limit) £28

Unarranged transaction (SO, DD bounced) £38

Guaranteed Card payment (cheque wit card taked you over limit) £35

Paid referral (going overdrawn when no allowed) £30

Default notice £30

Hope that helps

Steven

Guest NATTIE

jonni2bad, a pm to me and i could have got you the lot from unlawful charges to lawful charges to service charges to charges full stop. Need any more charges and i am sure i will either have the info to hand or can get the info.

• 1 year later...

........and I am very proud to WORK for them, pmsl. This could be quite an interesting night ahead.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I moved my account after 25 complaints to their customer service department, some of them very serious indeed, and they had the cheek to ask me why I wanted to move my account - I simply told them the account was not suitable for me as a Solo card did not meet my needs and got all huffy when I asked them why my credit rating wasnt good enough for a Maestro with them but was good enough for a Visa Debit with A&L!!!

Simple. Those 25 mistakes had wrecked my rating with them.

Yourbank, good luck to you. A relative of mine was a branch manager for them, they forced him to work 70 hours a week and promptly fired him without any form of support when he had a nervous breakdown.

What lovely people your employers are.... :eek:

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Is it just about who you work for or the people your work with and the customers that you serve?

There are good days and there are bad days, I know the worst of what the bank can do and the best that the bank can do.

For me, the bank continues to improve in terms of what it offers customers and what it offers staff.

There are many things I dislike about the banking system itself and the bank from both local to national to group level but you cannot change anything from the outside.

I once said on Stephen Hone's site on Penalty Charges, when my time ends with the bank, I will not be a disillusioned bank worker screaming about what the bank didn't do for me, colleagues and customers.

If the bank sack me, it serves no purpose for me to gripe at them(I become what I would have said I would not become). If I resign, then I will have chosen to go and Bank Charges forums, will never be my reason to quit.

I guess we all have to judge a financial institution on our own experiences, and for me I have not had a bad experience as a customer.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

True, YB, true. But my relative didnt gripe either.. he took them to a tribunal and won. They offered him his job back but he told them to get stuffed and now he has a first-class degree and is a housing advisor for the Government... Nat Wests loss!i was just very hacked off with NatWest towards the end.... they didnt really seem to care when I was at my lowest with money and desperately struggling... I had 5p in my pocket once and I begged them to help me so I could eat... the sour-faced woman looked at me like I was something that she had trodden in and said 'Its not my problem.' Yet at my local branch of A&L the branch manager (bless her) gave me 50p from her OWN POCKET so I could get to work.I guess that everyone does have different experiences and I suppose you see things differently when you are an employee - I used to work for the Abbey and thought they were great (this was pre-Santander though) but not everyone agreed with me evidently :-) Ive had nothing but grief with NatWest but Im sure its not the same for everyone....

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Natwest are no different than any other finanial organisation. When you have money, they're all over you. When you don't, you are treated like ****. There's no middle ground....or personal connection behind dealing with a bank.

I was made redundant about 6/7 months ago, received a few grand in compensation. Every time I would speak to them on the phone or go into the local branch I would be offered anything and everything. And now......I'm still searching for a job, had to move back home because I couldn't afford the rent...

I had a bizarre conversation with Natwest before I moved back home....They charged me £38 because there was not enough money in my account to cover a payment of £275 for my rent....In fact, my account was at zero...So I queried how they can have a system that doesn't recognise when my account has no money in it?? and Why have I been charged when you are aware there is no money in my acount? Her answer was that, I'd instructed them to take the money....so I again made the point, that there was no money in my account??? her answer was the same....I instructed Natwest to transfer the money...blah blah blah.....

I swear things would be much easier if we could all go back to keeping our money under the bed....

work head off for a moment. If I have payments going out of the account and I am moving out, the first thing I do is cancel the standing order going out of my account. It means that the bank cannot charge me if I have no payment going out.

Bank hat back on, money or otherwise, current bank policy is that if there is No bank error then there is No refund.

What about when the bank makes an error? Your account should be put back in order had the error not occurred and that includes compensation for phone calls, bank charges incurred if any and inconvenience(difficult to define).

Thats very interesting YourBank.... NatWest left me and my disabled partner without heat, light or food on Christmas Day through their error (admitted by them) and it took long enough for them to give me my charges bakc so is compo just an urban myth???

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

MY SUCCESSES -

If you can provide details of financial loss as a result, then NO it is not an urban myth. The above is what the FOS would expect a financial institution to do.

I swear things would be much easier if we could all go back to keeping our money under the bed....

I agree with Jase1982 - Natwest are going to get a visit from me on Monday, closing my current account. I am going to request they give me a letter stating the day the account was closed, and that I handed in my card and cheque book. I don't need a cheque book at all and I am not bothered about my credit rating, so they can't take what I haven't got any more in silly maintenance charges - what is there to maintain in an account which isn't used much anyway?

If they don't agree to confirming in writing my account is closed I will complain very firmly to them that in this day and age I am doing the correct thing and need confirmation due to fraud issues. After all somebody could get my cheque book and run up a massive overdraft and I would be stuck with it....

Bookie, by now you know, that I am not my usual self. I am still looking for trends that are happening and seeing what I can do but I know how the forum was like when I joined and what it is like now. I just do not want the big hullah argument. Its hot enough outside let alone inside and on the forum. Maybe another time in the past I would have taken on views firmly and strongly. I don't feel the same at the moment.

Do I know how the charges are levied? YES

Do I know how the charges are determined? NO

Do I know the true cost of charges? NO

Will I ever get that information? NO