• Tweets

• Post #415 you said you were unable to sell it yourself. Earlier I believe you said there had been expressions of interest, but only if the buyer could acquire the freehold title. I wonder if the situation with the existing freeholders is such that the property is really unattractive, in ways possibly not obvious to someone who also has an interest in and acts for the freeholders.
    • i dont think the reason why the defendant lost the case means anything at all in that case. it was a classic judge lottery example.
    • Hello, I will try to outline everything clearly. I am a British citizen and I live in Luxembourg (I think this may be relevant for potential claims). I hired a car from Heathrow in March for a 3-day visit to family in the UK. I was "upgraded" to an EV (Polestar 2). I had a 250-mile journey to my family's address. Upon attempting to charge the vehicle, there was a red error message on the dashboard, saying "Charging error". I attempted to charge at roughly 10 different locations and got the same error message. Sometimes there was also an error message on the charging station screen. The Hertz 0800 assistance/breakdown number provided on the set of keys did not work with non-UK mobiles. I googled and found a bunch of other numbers, none of which were normal geographical ones, and none of which worked from my Luxembourg mobile. It was getting late and I was very short on charge. Also, there was no USB socket in the car, so my phone ran out of battery, so I was unable to look for further help online. It became clear that I would not reach my destination (rural Devon), so I had no choice but to find a roadside hotel in Exeter and then go to the nearest Hertz branch the following day on my remaining 10 miles of charge. Of course, as soon as the Hertz employee in Exeter plugged it into their own charger, the charging worked immediately. I have driven EVs before, I know how to charge them, and it definitely did not work at about 10 different chargers between London and Exeter. I took photos on each occasion. Luckily they had another vehicle available and transferred me onto it. It was an identical Polestar 2 to the original car. 2 minutes down the road, to test it, I went to a charger and it worked immediately. I also charged with zero issues at 2 other chargers before returning the vehicle. I think this shows that it was a charging fault with the first car and not my inability to do it properly. I wrote to Hertz, sending the hotel, dinner, breakfast and hotel parking receipt and asking for a refund of these expenses caused by the charging failure in the original car. They replied saying they "could not issue a refund" and they issued me with a voucher for 50 US dollars to use within the next year. Obviously I have no real proof that the charging didn't work. My guess is they will say that the photos don't prove that I was charging correctly, just that it shows an error message and a picture of a charger plugged into a car, without being able to see the detail. Could you advise whether I have a case to go further? I am not after a refund or compensation, I just want my £200 back that I had to spend on expenses. I think I have two possibilities (or maybe one - see below). It looks like the UK is still part of the European Consumer Centre scheme:  File a complaint with ECC Luxembourg | ECC-Net digital forms ECCWEBFORMS.EU   Would this be a good point to start from? Alternatively, the gov.uk money claims service. But the big caveat is you need a "postal address in the UK". In practice, do I have to have my primary residence in the UK, or can I use e.g. a family member's address, presumably just as an address for service, where they can forward me any relevant mail? Do they check that the claimant genuinely lives in the UK? "Postal address" is not the same as "Residence" - anyone can get a postal address in the UK without living there. But I don't want to cheat the system or have a claim denied because of it. TIA for any help!  
    • Sars request sent on 16th March and also sent a complaint separately to Studio. Have received no response. Both letters were received and signed for.  I was also told by the financial ombudsman that studio were investigating but I've also had no response to that either.  The only thing Studio have sent me is a default notice.  Any ideas of what I can do from here please 
    • Thanks Bank - I shall tweak my draft and repost. And here's today's ridiculous email from the P2G 'Claims Dept' Good Morning,  Thank you for you email. Unfortunately we would be unable to pay the amount advised in your previous email.  When you placed the order, you were asked for the value of your parcel, you stated that the value was £265.00. At this stage the booking advised that you were covered to £20.00 and to enhance this to £260.00 you could pay an extra £13.99 + VAT to fully cover your item for loss or damage during transit, you declined to fully cover your item.  Towards the end of your booking on the confirmation page, you were then offered to take cover again, to which you declined again.  Unfortunately, we would be unable to offer you an enhanced payment on this occasion.  If I can assist further, please do let me know.  Kindest Regards Claims Team and my response Good Afternoon  Do you not understand the court cases of PENCHEV v P2G (225MC852) and SMIRNOVS v P2G (27MC729)? In both cases it was held by the courts that there was no need for additional ‘cover’ or ‘protection’ (or whatever you wish to call it) on top of the standard delivery charge, and P2G were required to pay up in full for both cases, which by then also included court costs and interest. I shall be including copies of both those judgements in the bundle I submit to the court next Wednesday 1 May, unless you settle my claim (£274.10) in full before then. Tick tock…..    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Me vs Littlewoods Catalogue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

too right i will.

ok ill send that letter off today recorded delivery for littlewoods, ive got a few options here

1 - what and see what experian come back with

2 - wait for a reply from littlewoods

3 - go ahead and complain to the ICO just now and still do steps 1&2

well Littlewoods have annoyed me to no end, so ill send them a letter, and do step 3 i think!

thanks guys

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Kenny, sorry I didn't respond earlier. I haven't been on line for a couple of days.

If Littlewoods have ignored your earlier letters and you want them to stop processing data I think the only way forward is a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Incidentally I had a letter from the OFT that included the following 2 quotes

…the copy must be a copy. It need not be exact on immaterial points, but it cannot be a conjectured reconstruction. If the trader has no original copy, the trader will have difficulty showing that he has complied with the regulation by supplying a ‘true copy’, since nobody would know what was in the original. When the trader comes to enforce the debt in court, he needs to have a signed copy of the agreement in order to enforce. As the law stands currently he cannot otherwise.

&

We note your concerns that in the absence of a copy of the original agreement someone's liability for a debt can only lead to further query. However in circumstances like this we would view it is as unfair practice under section 25(2) (d) of the Act and relevant to licence fitness if a trader failed to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate when a debt is queried or disputed.

You might include these in your letter to Littlewoods. I would also consider reporting them to OFT because of their breaches of the guidelines of debt collection. It is a serious threat to their business if the OFT take action under S25(2) and the OFT will only take action if they get enough complaints

Incidentally, the OFT guidelines on cancellable agreements mentions exemptions for certain agreements from some parts of the Act and makes mention of mail order catalogues. It might be worth checking with OFT to see if there is an exemption in place.

Other than that default removal is dealt with in a separate thread in this forum somewhere so give it a search and see what you can find about how to get a default removed.

What an intersting thread. Surely Credit reference agencies have a Legal Duty to ensure their information is accurate. If some scummy DCA or Crapalogue Company registers a default against you and are unable to substansiate this by producing documentary proof then the entry would breach the DPA. Credit reference agencies seem to take the DCAs word above the consumer. I would be tempted to take on the CRA for holding false information about you. If they refuse to remove it contact them and ask for details of their complaints procedure and complain to them. I think its scandalous that Experian et al will show a default on your file just because the DCA says so. What proof do they have that the DCA is correct. Its time someone briought these CRAs to book for storing inaccurate data

Well said ODC......:p

Any ideas on how to do this?

I suppose the simplest method would be to point out the defaults on your CRA file to the CRA. Ask them what documentary proof they have of these other than the word of a DCA (who lets face it are not renowned for honesty or record keeping)

Then remind the CRA of their legal responsibilities under Data Protection Legislation to ensure the data held on you is up to date and accurate.

If they cannot prove it then they should remove it.

I agree that this all sounds very simple in theory and indeed I wonder if any Caggers have tried it.

Its surely up to them to prove their information is accurate not up to us to prove it is inaccurate.

No doubt someone more learned than me will show me why its is not that simple :)

the probelm is when ive contacted the CRA's on behalf of other people, they always right back to say "we cant take the information off unless instructed by the creditor" despite me arguing "well they arent the creditor, the have admitted there is no credit agreement, so how can they be a creditor?"

Seems to fall on deaf ears

because my paperwork wasnt in order over the weekend, ive yet to send the letter to Littlewoods, although i will send it to them today, ive started a complaint with the ICO but because ive left my file at home (doh) cant get the dates i need to send that off today.

so today

Littlewoods letter will be sent.

ill let you know what happens.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

popping to post office at top of road right now to post it while my manager is out! lol

Lol, Kenny!:D Good on ya!

I think its scandalous that Experian et al will show a default on your file just because the DCA says so. What proof do they have that the DCA is correct. Its time someone briought these CRAs to book for storing inaccurate data

Hear hear ODC!!

• 2 weeks later...

update

no response from littlewoods as of yet.

Well, I've had yet another blank agreement - now 3 in total. I have also had a reply from one CRA and as you say they won't remove the information that the creditor has given them. I have 4 Creditors who have all defaulted by not supplying agreements and all four have issued defaults against me. Will be doing some more reading on getting defaults removed.

getting the default removed is the last step.

you should be focusing on getting them to admit they have no agreement, if they have sent you a 3rd blank agreement i would recommend taking it to trading standards

also ask them for the official complaints procedure and complain to them.

if they cant give you an agreement there is no debt, once you get that out the way you then tell them that since there is no proof of debt then you require all information on your credit file deleted.

but thats in the future.

take the matter to your local trading standards, and maybe consider filling out a DATA PROTECTION ACT complaints form with the ICO.

if i can be of any further help let me know,

i`m sorry for butting in but after reading your thread i can see you`re "the daddy" for all things littlewoods.A lady in the directors office has written and told me they do not have a credit agreemnent for me,would you be as kind to write a letter for me as you seem to have all the right answers,thanks for your time,take care,i understand if you blow me out as i should`nt have cutted in!!

Hi trojanska, do you have the address for the directors office... Sorry 4 hijacking kenny! I may have completely missed it... seem to have come to a bit of a dead end with littlewoods ysee! :)

Great thread!

Pudsters14

x x x x x x

:oops: i hope don`t get in bovver off Kenny for this,Kenny please forgive me!!I wrote to MOTA but littlewoods are no longer members but the lovely people at MOTA gave me this address: Mr M Newton-Jones,chief executive,Littlewoods Shop Direct Group,Kershaw Avenue,Crosby,Liverpool,L72 0LF.....hope this helps,take carexx:)
  • Haha 1

ok guys just read this

dont worry about butting in ill help as much as i can.

i will post a draft letter for you to use TROJAN.

Updates to follow!

PS - No updates as Littlewoods havent responded however, Experian have written to me to say they have written to littlewoods for a response about the information on my credit file.

right away to write this letter.

Hi,I have written to Littlewoods and NDR, requesting CCAs etc, and I have heard nothing. I sent the two weeks ago the final letter, informing them they were now breaking the law etc, recorded, still NOTHING! I'm not writing again!DF

Heres what you could send them.

I refer to your letter of (DATE THEY SENT LETTER) the contents of which have been noted.

Now that your company has stated in writing no agreement can be produced for the alleged debt it is my position that no agreement could be produced because no agreement existed.

At this stage i would like to point out that a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I now request to conclude this matter the following action be taken:

1 - Confirmation that the balance of the alleged debt is now nil.

2 - The immediate removal of all entries placed upon my credit files

3 - Any and all information held by your company on me be destroyed with immediate effect.

4 - your confirmation that the above has been effected within the next 14 days.

Failure to action the above will result in all information being passed to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading without further warning to yourselves.

Yours sincerely

send this letter

give them their 14 days.

and then write to Experian and make a complaint under breach of the Data Protection Act to the Information Commissioners Office.

make sure you DO complain.

• Haha 3

Heres what you could send them.

I refer to your letter of (DATE THEY SENT LETTER) the contents of which have been noted.

Now that your company has stated in writing no agreement can be produced for the alleged debt it is my position that no agreement could be produced because no agreement existed.

At this stage i would like to point out that a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I now request to conclude this matter the following action be taken:

1 - Confirmation that the balance of the alleged debt is now nil.

2 - The immediate removal of all entries placed upon my credit files

3 - Any and all information held by your company on me be destroyed with immediate effect.

4 - your confirmation that the above has been effected within the next 14 days.

Failure to action the above will result in all information being passed to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading without further warning to yourselves.

Yours sincerely

send this letter

give them their 14 days.

and then write to Experian and make a complaint under breach of the Data Protection Act to the Information Commissioners Office.

make sure you DO complain.

Very well put as usual Kenny

ok guys just read this

dont worry about butting in ill help as much as i can.

i will post a draft letter for you to use TROJAN.

Updates to follow!

PS - No updates as Littlewoods havent responded however, Experian have written to me to say they have written to littlewoods for a response about the information on my credit file.

right away to write this letter.

Thanks Kenny, didn't mean to go off thread, they are just ignoring me at the moment tho!

No change there then! LOL

Pudsters14

x x x x x x

:oops: i hope don`t get in bovver off Kenny for this,Kenny please forgive me!!I wrote to MOTA but littlewoods are no longer members but the lovely people at MOTA gave me this address: Mr M Newton-Jones,chief executive,Littlewoods Shop Direct Group,Kershaw Avenue,Crosby,Liverpool,L72 0LF.....hope this helps,take carexx:)

Thanks it is much appreciated, and i've apologised to kenny

Hopefully a stern letter to this address may get the ball rolling again!

Thanks again

Pudsters14

x x x x x x

thanks ODC

what i will advise is that everytime ive sent then a letter recorded delivery its NEVER been signed for

Royal Mail are well fed up with me they are giving me a fivers worth of stamps everytime i prove it wasnt recieved

now into 5 complaints.

so ive had to send off special delivery.