Docannie vr Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Normally people will day that the 6 year period starts from the date you realised these charges were unlawful...the date of your SAR could be a good place to start. There are, however, people claiming back for further than the 6 years, so it must be possible!

Good luck

Thanks for your replies & help...I submitted my S.A.R. on the 11th Dec. 2006...so I guess my claim should start from 2000?? However, I only have 1 charge in 1999 which is the 31/12/1999 one & I've already included it on my spreadsheet to the Halifax...I'm getting all confused & jittery now that it's time to enter the claim to Court...HELP!!:o

Hi Docannie,

Thought I would post on this thread not to hijack the newcomer. Your account o/d limit is showing a N/A. Maybe the system is down, maybe they have withdrawn it, maybe they have sent an offer letter???

God only knows its the Halifax!!

Sorry I cannot help any further as I only have a mortgage and savings account (its got £10 in it!) and got robbed when I had to leave my job in 2000 to look after my wife who had cancer.

It would be interesting to find out why, but on a similiar post last week the Haliprats blamed it on system updates.

Best wishes

barbershop0.com

Hi Docannie - you were kind enough to wish me luck when I first started so wanted to check in and send you some good luck vibes:p

Settled my claim in full today via phone after recieving a reduced offer in response to my LBA - so hang on in there and if you haven't already got all your money back I'm certain it won't be long:D:D:D

Best of luck,

Bernie :cool:

:D:D:DHalifax settled in full:

£562 in charges

06/02/07 - Sent preliminary letter recorded delivery to branch.

10/02/07 - Recieved 'passed to complaints dept' letter from

branch assistant manager.

20/02/07 - Sent LBA recorded delivery to branch.

22/02/07 - Recieved letter from complaints dept offering £444.

Called in person to reject and was offered full amount there and then. Posted back amended acceptance form.

:)Donated 5% of money recieved because I would never have got my money back without this site - please do the same when (not if!) you get yours back too

Thank you for all the kind thoughts!! I still haven't had an offer so am waiting for time to tick down on my MCOL claim!! My partner got an offer yesterday (& he started his claim 2 weeks AFTER mine) by phone which at 1st he accepted, but today he phoned back & haggled until he got the amount he was claiming...£601.00...not bad eh??!! My claim is for MUCH more so maybe they do draw it out longer, I'll keep you posted!! :)

Hi All,

Filed my claim with MCOL on Mon. 19/02...checked my online bank account today & £1532.00 paid in today by Halifax...I'm claiming £4673.77. Spoke to Catherine Jones (tel:01244-693661) & she stated that they will only pay out back to 6years, & they are starting from 2007 back to & including 2001. I requested my statements in Dec. 2006 so was claiming back to & including 2000...am I right that I can use the date when I requested statements as the date I'm claiming from?? & even though claim is now with MCOL she doesn't want to pay me any interest or refund my court fees!! She kept going away & conferring with a manager, finally she offered me £2597.00 & says that the balance between the £1532 & £2597 will be paid into my account tomorrow & I will also receive an acceptance letter thru the post. If I only partially accept this amount they will take the money back out from my account...please advise!! I'm worried that the court will agree that the 6 years should only commence from 2001 & not 2000 as I've stated.

When I requested the 6 years statements in Dec. 2006 I was sent statements going back to 31/12/99...I'm going to phone Ms Jones again tomorrow regarding this but would appreciate any clarification on the matter.

Thanking you in advance for any help,

docannie.

i read it 6mths frrom when you firsrt send your speadsheet

dont bother phoning , take them to court.

dx100uk:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah, its 6 years from the SAR, so keep on with your claim. Sounds like another dirty trick if you ask me...they're obviously hoping that we're desperate for cash (which I know I am!!) and will cave in with the threat of half of it being paid in and then taken away again.

• 2 weeks later...