Docannie vr Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First letters (for partner & myself) posted Recorded delivery on 11th Dec. 2006, my cheque for £10.00 was cashed today 18th Dec. My partners cheque hasn't been cashed as yet. So, we're both waiting to hear from the Halifax now!!

I'll let you know how we progress!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received 6 years of bank statements today, the 5th january 2007!! Partner & I will go through them this weekend & see how much I'm owed. My partner's cheque for his statements request has been cashed but no correspondence from the Halifax as of today. Will keep you all informed.

& Happy New Year to Everyone!!

I've just received my 6 years of statements & partner & I think I'm owed £3500+...do I now type out each individual charge to send along with my request for a refund?? :confused: & I seem to have been charged a small amount of interest each month, perhaps £0.35...is this what I use as my interest figure?? I just don't understand spreadsheets...do I HAVE to claim the interest or can I just reclaim the charges?? :| Please help, many thanks.

Use the simple spreadsheet and ignore the interest at this stage, it will not amount to much. For example, 35p every month for the last six years is only just over £25.

On the spreadsheet, enter each charge and the reason for it, as detailed on your statements. This might only be "charges as notified" if this is what is says, then enter this.

The spreadsheet will total the charges for you.

At this stage, do not include the 8% statutory interest that the spreadsheet will also calculate for you, this is to be included only when you file a claim at court.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 4 weeks later...

Have just typed up my LBA & will send it Recorded tomorrow. I've had the standard "we're dealing with your claim & will get back to you within 28 days" letter, but MY 14 days were up TODAY hence LBA being sent tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Halifax received my LBA on the 2nd Feb. (I sent it by Recorded) so by the 16th the 14 days expires!! Am a bit nervous about entering it for Court but I'm going to do it!!

I'm also helping my partner with his claim with the Halifax, he's got a few days to go before we send out the LBA!!

On Saturday I received my 2nd standard letter stating that the halifax will be in touch "soon" as my claim is still being investigated. My LBA expires on Friday 16th Feb, so I might just phone them this week & see if they want to settle before I submit claim to court. I'll keep you posted!!

docannie,

Personally, I wouldn't both with the phone call. My timeline as follows:

13/01/2007 - Prelim sent with schedule of charges (expired 27/01/2007)

20/01/2007 - Letter from Haliprats saying that they will respond within 4 weeks

27/01/2007 - LBA sent with another copy of schedule of charges (expired 10/02/2007)

06/02/2007 - Rec'd telephone call from Haliprats to say that they would be sending me a letter that would be with me on 09/02/2007. Declined to tell me the contents over the phone - claimed due to DPA..??

09/02/2007 - Recieved letter as promised. Stated that they had until 04/03/2007 to respond - Another 4 weeks..??- called the number on the letter and spoke to a snotty school girl who refused to put me through to the guy who had signed the letter. Told me that my claim had not even been looked at because they were '..too busy...' and that this was due to the media reporting, on a daily basis, how to claim back bank charges. Told her that I would be filing as per my LBA, and was told that they set the timescales, not me..!!

Oh well, claim to be filed Monday 12/01/2007 - let's see what happens then...:D

Will obviously get Howard to send my that little Xtra 8%...!! ;)

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I phoned Halifax this afternoon & got a nice lady called Aileen. She told me that they're snowed under with claims & don't think that they can keep within the time scale that they themselves are setting out in the standard letters!! I told her that my 14 day deadline expires on Friday & she said that she understood & that I must do what I had to!!

Anyway, I'm going to e-mail them on Wednesday & maybe another phone call on Friday!! I'll update you then.

Hi,

Has anyone got any more e-mail contact addresses for Halifax Customer Relations Managers?? I've tried 2 from the Contacts list on here but they've just bounced straight back to me!!

Many thanks.

Hi Docannie.

Try this link.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31052-contact-details-banks.html?garpg=9

Perhaps there is one there that may be useful.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi george & Rooster,

Many thanks for your help & I'll certainly try the address you give george.

Rooster, I've tried 2 addresses from the Contacts list & they're no good, I've e-mailed a Mod. to let them know.

Docannie,

I wouldn't waste themoney on a phone call. they've already told you that they can't keep to the timescale that they try to set, so I would just proceed with your timescale IMHO. They got one chance from me, and decided to blow it - N1 filed, time to sit back and wait for the money to roll in :D

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi,

My bank charges are from 31/12/1999 to 05/12/2005 but of course I'm only submitting a Court claim NOW in Feb.2007...does that take me over the 6 year limit?? Since 05/12/2005 I haven't had any charges & from 31/12/1999 to 05/12/2005 is 6 years but how will the Court view it?? Many thanks for any help!! :)