• Tweets

• Can you complete this ASAP also:    
    • 25/05/2024? That the deadline or the date of the claimform?
    • Banks have different limits above which they require Probate. So it may be Probate is not needed, although as he died with no Will that could complicate things. Is all the £28k with Virgin Money? Your wife should contact all banks who hold his money with the death certificate and ask them what they need to release the funds to her. Most banks have a central "bereavement department". Check their websites. Use that department rather than general call centre or bank branch if they have one. Nearly every bank website has a section on "what to do when a customer dies" so have a search for that. Your wife may also have to provide evidence that she is his daughter. When his wife died it sounds like they had a joint bank account so that's why her money just went across to him. But as it isn't a joint account now transfer to your wife won't be quite that simple.  
    • That explains it then. MET's fantasy is that it's a pay car park.  You're only let off paying if you are a Starbucks customer which you can't be when Starbucks is closed.  'Cos otherwise lots of people would abuse the car park facilities on the far edge of the Stansted Airport area in the middle of nowhere to ... admire the bushes?  Look at the cloudy sky? The important thing is that we have around 140 cases for this site, and MET have only tried court seven times.  Even then, they had no intention of getting as far as a hearing, they were attempting to intimidate the motorists into paying, when the Caggers defended the cases MET discontinued.
    • She's an only child and he as a brother and sister. He has no will and we have done a check on this to find out if he had left one and nothing has come up. He has savings of around 28k His sister and brother are well off so 28k is nothing to them and aren't interested in his money. This just leaves my wife/his daughter. Would this still need to go to probate there is no estate e.g house or business to sell and the amount left in his bank is just small? When his wife died they just closed her bank account and moved her money across to his account and we just assumed that once my wife has handed in the death certificate and shown evidence of who she is the same would apply to her? We don't know yet the council have only just written to us today with a guide of what to do next.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Lovely Lloyds TSB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hughesy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why the change of solicitors? :confused:

Does the letter from Foot Anstey have the correct claim reference?

If so, perhaps the court can advise on exactly who is defending on behalf of Lloyds? I presume all documentation has gone to [problem] not Foot Anstey.

Pondy :)

PS thanks for the click!

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the change of solicitors? :confused:

Does the letter from Foot Anstey have the correct claim reference?

If so, perhaps the court can advise on exactly who is defending on behalf of Lloyds? I presume all documentation has gone to [problem] not Foot Anstey.

PS thanks for the click!

Right have spoken to NCC and they say that Foot Anstey are defending for Lloyds not [problem]. NCC have all the correct documentation so no problem there.

Have just rung Foot Anstey and asked why they do not have a breakdown of charges when one was sent recorded delivery on 8th May to [problem]. The lady I spoke to is ring [problem] to get the information passed over.

Do I need to respond to the actual defence? There is not paperwork for me to sign or fill in or send back!

Have just rung the court back and now know that I'm waiting for them to send me information relating to the defence.

I have to ring the local appointed court to ask if I need to fill out the Allocation Questionnaire and they will give me a deadline to do so.

Can anyone give me a link to the court bundle paperwork cos I can't find it again and need to re-read through everything. Getting scary now!!!!

Foot Anstey just rang me back as well. All very apologetic! It seems [problem] have either not received (I have proof of posting) or "mislaid" my breakdown of charges. She quoted them as saying they were in "chaos"!!

Have agreed to send out a new copy to FA as requested! I suppose it makes me look very co-operative and them very incompetant!!!!!!

Have just rung the court back and now know that I'm waiting for them to send me information relating to the defence.

I have to ring the local appointed court to ask if I need to fill out the Allocation Questionnaire and they will give me a deadline to do so.

Can anyone give me a link to the court bundle paperwork cos I can't find it again and need to re-read through everything. Getting scary now!!!!

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

Nice One Hughsey!

Looks like your back on track, and in control i think. ;)

Don't worry about court, despite recent events, your in good hands with CAG!

I've just looked through the court bundle and it says to click on the OFT and Houses of Parliament links to print straight from their websites but there doesn't appear to be a link to click. Can anyone help?

Go for it mate, im waiting on a court date, next week the court will issue one they told me this morning, i was worried because its not going to my local court not it going to another and they will deal with hundreds, martin gave me some good info earlier. good luck john

Hi

I'd give them another week or so, then give them a ring on 0117 943 3133

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I sent off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 16th Mar and rcvd my statements back to Sept 01 (6 months short of the 6yr rule (£9.1k eek). They have ignored my request for the private account, 2nd ltr sent giving them 14days which expires next Tues.

Not sure how this 'quote' works on here BUT I have just rung the above number. Very interesting - this is the Compliance Unit based in Bristol which makes sure the bank complies with the FSA (according to them); spoke to Andy Failhurst there, very very helpful he explained that the Copy Statement Unit based in Birmingham only holds records for 5.5yrs on computer, the rest are on microfiche and with their workload of requests have a backlog. Oh dear how I feel sorry for them (he he).

But in reply to the original post, do not panic, read the FAQ's, use the Library Templates, take your time to prepare, get the list of what the stages are and very carefully follow them. Keep copies of all your notes and print off everything you have stored on computer (just in case it crashed as mine did and had to have the hard drive re-formatted)

Best of luck

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Someone please help cos I've just had heart failure!

I've just logged onto MCOL to check the amount of interest claimed and it is showing that my judgement has been rejected.

Please tell me that it's because Lloyds have now entered a defence and so it is proceeding to court.

I was told by the court on Thursday that the case is being transferred to a local court for a hearing. Does this mean that everything is still ok with the claim?

God this is stressful!

on the mcol site does it say rejected or halted, mine said halted, meaning lloyds tsb have taken my case on, i spoke to the court and was told it will be sent to my local court next wednesday, the judge at my local court with then transfer it to another court and send me and lloyds solicitors a questionaire, as they will be doing then all in a block at a different court miles away for my local court but if i have to go i will.

dont get stressed mate...when they pay ot will all be worth it.

It definately says rejected on 16th but is also says defence 11th so I'm assuming that I am unable to do anything more online cos it's all being shipped off to the local court!

I will ring the court first thing Monday am just to double check!

Thanks John!

Call your local court on monday, i had one rejected only because i put lloyds tsb as the claimant and defendant, then had to refile and pay another £120, so it set my claim back by three weeks, but it will be worth it in the end as i'm claimimg £1808.00, going on holiday as soon as they pay up:-) :-) :-) :-)

Good luck john

• 2 weeks later...

Have spoken to MCOL and they confirmed that my Judgement was rejected because Lloyds entered a defence on the same day. Because they are now so busy with bank charge claims, they now automatically shut the claims down on the system and transfer them out to a local court.

Mine has been transferred to Croydon and I have all the paperwork apart from the Allocation Questionnaire. Have been trying to ring them all morning to ask whether we need to do one but can't get through as yet. Bit frustrating cos I don't know what sort of deadline they are likely to give so would rather get it out of the way now!

Am just concentrating on getting the court bundle all sorted at the mo!

Have spoken to MCOL and they confirmed that my Judgement was rejected because Lloyds entered a defence on the same day. Because they are now so busy with bank charge claims, they now automatically shut the claims down on the system and transfer them out to a local court.

Mine has been transferred to Croydon and I have all the paperwork apart from the Allocation Questionnaire. Have been trying to ring them all morning to ask whether we need to do one but can't get through as yet. Bit frustrating cos I don't know what sort of deadline they are likely to give so would rather get it out of the way now!

Am just concentrating on getting the court bundle all sorted at the mo!

It is good they have filed a defence, it shows all is proceedings as it should - contrary to what you may think.

AQ is likely to be dispensed with, see here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html?highlight=dispensed+AQ

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I too have rec a letter from the court dispensing of the AQ, so I'm now waiting for a court date ? Should I be sending anything now ?

Sorry, I am so out of my depth here and reading (although really helpful ) has me a tad confused.

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Friend's claim: Received a letter today from Lloyds solicitors - Foot Anstey - which reads as follows:

"We act for Lloyds TSB Bank Plc (the Bank). This letter is marked without Prejudice and is Confidential and Privileged which means it will not be produced in court and is confidential between you, us and the Bank.

The Bank does not accept that there is any legal merit in your argument. The charges claimed by you have been imposed in accordance with the terms that you agreed with the Bank.

Although your claim has no legal foundation, regrettably the Bank has to take into account the costs of litigating over relatively small sums.

The Bank is therefore willing to settle your claim on the following basis:

1. The amount of £4641.87 will be credited to the business account numbered xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

2. Payment will be in full and final settlement of this claim.

3. These terms and any correspondence entered into in reaching settlement, of which this letter is one, will remain confidential between you, us and the Bank.

We ask you to sign a copy of this letter as confirmation that you are bound by it's terms, including the requirement of confidentiality, and to return that copy to us. When we have that signed copy, our client will arrange for a refund to be made and you will write to the court confirming that the claim has been settled."

My friend is happy to settle out of court as they are offering the full amount that he's owed, including the interest. Do I need to send a covering letter with the signed copy stating a timescale for repayment or are we ok to leave it in their hands?

We are awaiting a court date at present. Just want to know if we are likely to get the refund and whether, by signing this letter, we are agreeing that they are blameless and therefore have no comeback should they not pay?

Help asap would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone xx

Do not discontinue proceedings until such time as you have the money, send letter along these lines (post 73):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/48032-jakena-barclays-4.html?highlight=acceptance%23post718754#post718754

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Congratulations Hughsy!

Although, don't inform the courts of a settlement until you have been paid.

Sounds like there were conditions attached, so make sure these will not compromise any future claims before you accept. Personally i'd reject any conditions they try to impose. ;)