Trying to get charges back from HSBC!

Haribo4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Just set up a parachute account and then posted my first stage letter to HSBC. Slightly nervous! Anyone got any advice with this bank in particular? They have taken so many charges from me over the years, as I have 2 accounts with them and my main concern is, that I deserved maybe a few fines as I'm not brilliant with money!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :p

Yes, you did deserve to get charged, but not to the extent that you have been penalised.

The process that you will follow is relatively easy but IS NOT a get rich quick scheme. Spend time reading the FAQ pages as this will stop you making mistakes along the way, and is the most important part. Read as many threads as your eyes will allow, you will gain invaluable knowledge which will give you the confidence you need. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

This site is all about EMPOWERMENT and you will gain the confidence that you will need. The excellent A-Z guide compiled by Michael is a fantastic source of information.

But remember, this isn’t a game. You are taking on large institutions which MAY lead to court, but you do need to be prepared.

Everyone is very friendly and keen to help. Dave and Bankfodder have done a great job in producing the site, and all the moderators, helpers and current users really are a very nice bunch.

Please also understand that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience and expert advice should be sought if needed.

The first thing you need to do is start your own thread in here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

I have put some useful links onto the thread that you can refer to when needed.

Good luck. See you at the other end……

Some useful links..

FAQ's

Step by Step Guide

If you wish to make a Donation

A-Z Guide

Making Posts

Start a thread

Letter Template Library

Rejection Of Settlement / Good Will Gestures

Interest Spreadsheets

Contractual Spreadsheet

Court N1 Form

Court Bundle

Preparing a Court Bundle

Bank Contact Details

Moneyclaim Online

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

Scottish Procedure

Scotland Forum

Haribo,

Firstly, welcome aboard.

I have recently won against HSBC and my main advice with them in particular is: PERSEVERE.

It is likely they will ignore you completely until you issue court papers. Don't be put of and STICK TO YOUR TIMETABLE! I had absolutely no contact from them whatsoever directly. The first communication I recieved from them was a settlement offer but I did have to issue proceedings first.

Have faith, the first one is always nerve wracking. Take heart from the fact that not a single person on this site has ever lost.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

• 8 months later...

I managed to get most of my money back - £1,800 from HSBC. Could have been more if I had stuck to my guns, but I decided to settle instead of bailiffs going into my local bank! A letter came after from the banks solicitors offering the full amount :x , communication not a good point!!! But quite happy. Many thanks to everyones support from this fab website.

Haribo4 - please vote for my baby in modelling comp http://www.babyexpert.com/Gallery/harry/97290/gallery cheers.