Meritforce and 1st Credit

ODC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received this nice letter from Meritfarce today.

We refer to the above debt. To avoid the inconvnience of a doorstep collector visiting you we have enclosed a standing order form. This will enable you to make payments seamlessly and without any hassle.

It is imperative that you complete and return to Meritforce by 22nd February 2007.

Should you wish to contact us for any reason please call ****** ***** on telephone number ***********

Please note It is imperative you do not default on your payment plan. Details may result in your account being forwarded for legal action.

Two questions.

Will they call

I didnt agree to any payment plan so why have they sent me a standing order which I didnt ask for demanding a payment way in excess of what I could afford.

Although it gives a Newcastle address it came in the same envelope as usually comes from Kilsyth using the same typeface and barcode at the top,

\i am inclined to ignore this

1ST Credit buy debt from various companies (i assume you know who the creditor is)

1st credit use mackenzie hall as one of their DCA's (i dont think they sell them debt but they definitely pass debt to them for 6 months or so)

Mackenzie Hall own MeritFARCE.

There is a small possibility they might call.

The letter is the same style ets as Mckenzie hall use a 3rd party to send their letters for them (remember they ARE meritfarce.)

1ST Credit buy debt from various companies (i assume you know who the creditor is)

1st credit use mackenzie hall as one of their DCA's (i dont think they sell them debt but they definitely pass debt to them for 6 months or so)

Mackenzie Hall own MeritFARCE.

There is a small possibility they might call.

The letter is the same style ets as Mckenzie hall use a 3rd party to send their letters for them (remember they ARE meritfarce.)

If they call they will leave my property quicker than they arrived.

1. I thought they had to give you a date and time when they were calling.

2. I thought they could not bother you if you are suffering from a serious ilness (A stroke in my case)

3. I am very friendly with my local constabulary so i RECKON WITHIN 2 MINUTES THERE WOULD BE A COP CAR WITH BLUE FLASHING LIGHTS AT THE DOOR

they are a DCA THEY HAVE NO POWERS AT ALL, just like a walking phone call chaser.

it costs them more to visit than anything they can ever get out of you.

want to really make them smile?

whoever the original debt was with

send them a CCA, then write to the DCA and tell them the A/C is in dispute.

then they will pass it back to whoever they brought it from.

just as a side note: how old is the debt?

dx100uk:)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would be interested to know if Meritforce do call round. They were taken over by that lot from north of the border last year and usually concentrated their efforts in the north-east of England and were quite well regarded as being sensible and reasonable. That may have been ditched by the new management hence their appearances on this thread. Are you anywhere near their hq?

Would be interested to know if Meritforce do call round. They were taken over by that lot from north of the border last year and usually concentrated their efforts in the north-east of England and were quite well regarded as being sensible and reasonable. That may have been ditched by the new management hence their appearances on this thread. Are you anywhere near their hq?
nope

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise surprise

Another letter from Meritforce

AUTHORISED COLLECTOR VISIT

Due to non payment etc .............

An authorised collector will make a visit to your property within the next 7 days not authorised or requested by me

Should our collector inform us that no positive commitment towards clearing the debt has taken place, your account will be returned to this office for potential legal action. go ahead make my day

If you do not want or collector to call and would rather arrange settlement directly with our offices by XXXXXXXX I dont want our authorise your agent to call but have no intentions of contacting you

Should you fail to make a payment and legal action is taken, additional costs may be added to your debt. That would be illegal

We look forward hearing from you. No more reminders will be sent to you. YIPEE I'm already sick of the reminders

what letter my mate dca!!!

never got it...nearer to 6yrs by another 2 weeks..keep going.

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ODC, I have had a couple of letters from these people too. I don't even think the debt is mine!! After recieving the first letter (as per your post #9) I sent off a CCA on the 2nd March. Today I recieve another, threatening seizure of assets, arrestment of wages or bankruptcy. It also contains a SO mandate (the cheek!!) This has to be "completed, signed and returned by noon 29th March" (today) It's dated the 22nd but only arrived this morning, the postmark is stamped twice, 28/03/07 and 29/03/07.

have you heard anymore from these (I use the term lightly) people?

keep the envelope as incase you need it you can prove it was sent to you the same day the "payment" was due.

youve sent them the CCA (recorded delivery i hope) and hopefully put that the account is in dispute, if you have, they cant do a thing to you unless they satisfy the request :-) and thats IF they satisfy the request.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

keep the envelope as incase you need it you can prove it was sent to you the same day the "payment" was due.

youve sent them the CCA (recorded delivery i hope) and hopefully put that the account is in dispute, if you have, they cant do a thing to you unless they satisfy the request :-) and thats IF they satisfy the request.

Hi Kenny, yes it was sent recorded (I checked with royalmail on line for delivery confirmation, but no info available!) I also kept the envelopes from both letters, along with their contents.

They say the debt is from Empire stores. Now I do currently have a catalogue with them, I have had it for 2 years and always pay on time, my account has an excellent record. Their client ref number is not the same as the account number I have right now. I have NEVER previously had an account with them, so I really don't think it is mine:???: From reading round the threads I found that they are linked/merged with Makenzie Hall, and I did get one of their little red cards through the door a couple of months ago and ignored it.

Sorry ODC, don't mean to hijack your thread;) I have subscribed so I can keep up to date with any future posts:D

Hi there ODC, I have had a couple of letters from these people too. I don't even think the debt is mine!! After recieving the first letter (as per your post #9) I sent off a CCA on the 2nd March. Today I recieve another, threatening seizure of assets, arrestment of wages or bankruptcy. It also contains a SO mandate (the cheek!!) This has to be "completed, signed and returned by noon 29th March" (today) It's dated the 22nd but only arrived this morning, the postmark is stamped twice, 28/03/07 and 29/03/07.

have you heard anymore from these (I use the term lightly) people?

Not surprisingly they havent called with me nor have any of the other DOORSTEP COLLECTORS who fail to keep their promises. I can assure you that if any do they will be leaving the premises a hell of a lot quicker than they arrived.

• 2 weeks later...

*** UPDATE RE MERITFARCE****

Still no calls but received one of their RED cards

IMPORTANT

PLEASE CALL 0191 224 0069 NO LATER THAN 3RD APRIL 2007 (POSTMARKED 7TH APRIL)

THIS IS NOT A CIRCULAR OR JUNK MAIL (IT IS TO ME)

WE NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU URGENTLY]QUOTE REFERENCE NUMBER xxxxxxxx (DO YOU THINK I'M MAD?)

THANK YOU. (YES THANKS BUT NO THANKS)

lol so your just going to keep waiting then?

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

ODC,

Has the Meritforce boys called yet ? I've got my letter today telling me to pay up or the Meritforce boys will call. I wouldn't mind so much if I actually owe the debt they claim but I don't.

*** UPDATE RE MERITFARCE****

Still no calls but received one of their RED cards

IMPORTANT

PLEASE CALL 0191 224 0069 NO LATER THAN 3RD APRIL 2007 (POSTMARKED 7TH APRIL)

THIS IS NOT A CIRCULAR OR JUNK MAIL (IT IS TO ME)

WE NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU URGENTLY]QUOTE REFERENCE NUMBER xxxxxxxx (DO YOU THINK I'M MAD?)

THANK YOU. (YES THANKS BUT NO THANKS)

You are really keeping me entertained with your posts! I'm gonna take a leaf out of your book! BTW - my mum had a stroke, so ever want a chat, PM me!

DCAs seem to habitually backdate their letters to put pressure on people. (you must contact us within 7 days from the date of this letter - omigod that's today, panic, panic...) No doubt some vulnerable people would be very scared by this. This appears to be harassment in its own right.

• 8 months later...