One letter, then full offer received !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this common ? I sent my first request letter to Halifax asking for my charges to be refunded.

I received a letter back after a week saying they are looking into my complaint and they would get back to me within 4 weeks which I gave them as I think it works better personally to work to their time frame to an extent ( and if it went as far as court I think it would help at that point as well ).

Anyway I received a telephone call from some poor girl at Halifax who first offered me half, then three quarters, and when I told her this was not the first time I had done this she offered me full settlement !

HSBC next me thinks !!

IT IS MINE !!!!!!!!

Well Done RTS --- look out HSBC ;)

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Similar to me last year. Had a batch of about £200 last September. Nine phonecalls later and no luck, so I wrote a letter and got the lot refunded within 24hrs! Lets hope that it happens again this time. Congratulations RTS.

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

sorry Sender, just read yr thread now so CONGRATS!!!! and thanx 4 yr advice!!! (im ready 2 start my claim from the ABBEY even tho my claim from the Halifax is still going thru)!! Its quite exciting really isnt it (in a strssful way)!!! :D

Regards

Traci

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

Congrats :)

I'm still waiting to hear :rolleyes:

Filed at court, I'm in Scotland, have a return date of 22nd March with the hearing scheduled a week later, so hoping they'll settle then.

Go for your next target...

X

Tippety toeing where angels fear to tread .... :o

Hey and I thought of that all by my lonesome :cool:

1st Data Protection Act letter Halifax - 30th Sept 2006

Non compliance letter sent 23rd November 2006 :mad:

Preliminary request for repayment sent 11th Dec 06

Reply from the Halifax stating that they're investigating my concerns!!!.... Rec 15th Dec 06

LBA sent 30th December 2006 :mad:

Offer from Halifax of £814.00 - 5th January 2007

Rejection of Settlement Offer - 6th January 2007 ;)

Papers filed at Court - 29th January 2007

:) Settled in Full, 16th March, 2007

Hi Tini Annie

Well done for getting an extra £2500 out of them, did they offer you that amount without even sending out your statements?

I've just sent an email to Kelly Duffy, customer services manager, as advised by another member, as I'm having a nightmare getting my SAR....let's see what happens now!

Hi Powell

Yes they offered the extra without sending out my statements. I just applied for an average of charges based on the few statements I had - Was well out obviously. I did say to send the statements if they did not agree with my figure but they never sent any.

Good luck in your claim

Tini Annie

Hi Tini Annie

Well done for getting an extra £2500 out of them, did they offer you that amount without even sending out your statements?

I've just sent an email to Kelly Duffy, customer services manager, as advised by another member, as I'm having a nightmare getting my SAR....let's see what happens now!

Didn't you only send your SAR on about 15th Feb or something??? They've got until March to send the statements! Patience my friend, patience!! :D

5pods...its important that you follow the tried and tested guidelines as laid out on this site. Have a read of as many threads and the FAQs etc and then read them again for good measure. We're starting to hear of people being paid out quickly, but you should still stick to the methods on here as much as poss.

Good luck :D