Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Caz thats fab, ooh how exciting your project is to do with babies, seeing as thats all I can think about at the mo!!! Can't wait to find out what your doing. Hey it'll be like a rags to riches story, did you see the three men on Best Britons the other night, the ones that make that 'innocent' drink, they're company went from nothing to now being worth £80m!!! That'll be you soon!!!

I'm sure your kids will all be fine, obviously hard workers! And sport is the best thing. My partner plays golf (a lot!!!), he's been playing since he was little and he swears that when he was in school and some of his friends went down the drugs etc route, he was too busy playing golf and so it never interested him, he says it was the best thing he could ever have done as he never had the time to be tempted!

Any news Torigirl?? Think I may ring Barclays today.

Isn't it nice to find out a bit more about each other? This site is great!

POPPY07

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi poppy, yes it is great to learn more about each other.

My first idea has been patented so i can tell you a little about it, it is a shade for babies 0-9months in travel systems/rearward facing prams etc, basicly it fits over the handles of pushchair and folds neatly away, when you need it, you simply pull it over the hood of the pram, it offers UV rating of 50+ unlike conventional shades, and shields baby from all angles, so you dont need to adjust. It also has a hanging mobile toy, that can be removed for baby to play with, and two other toys that attach. When you transfer baby into the car, it can also be used in there, by just putting it over the headrest of the car. So baby is protected from the sun completely in the car, (no need for stick on window shades), and it also cools the baby down. Still looking for someone to buy the idea from me or to license it, i did go into manufacturing in China but it became so complicated and difficult i backed out.

So hopefully something will happen soon.

When is your baby due, you must be very excited, I remember how i felt with my first baby, it seems never ending, and the heat is awful.

Good luck

Caz

Wow Caz, That 1st idea sounds great

I hate those little sun brollies that clip on the buggy, the clips snap and then you have to keep moving it all the time to block the sun.

There are people who will provide backing for these types of project, but you need to find a reputable backer, and not sure how they operate as well.

But would love to see that idea on the market

Paul

Morning!

The in-laws landed last night and still haven't heard from Barclays, so not really sure what I should do from here, I suppose just do what we all do...wait!

Paul - thanks sooooo much for writing about your job on here it really gives me a little insight of whats involved! Do you think there is a course like what the Police go on for Race and Diversity that I could go on just to help me?

Caz and Poppy - Morning Ladies! You're right its lovely chatting to everyone and finding out more about them! Caz you really need to get on Dragon's Den- that would be brilliant!!! Poppy I wasn't here yesterday to write to you, did you phone Barclays???? What happened????

Saintly - I see you had a little taster yesterday of our group therapy sessions!!!:)

Morning Tori

Some local colleges do a course on applying to the Police.

These are links to sites which shows some others

Home | Training | Recruitment | Entrance Exam Courses -www.Police-Information.co.uk - Police Supplies and Service Directory.

Police Application - Police Officer / PCSO Recruitment Advice

TalkingBlues | Police Recruitment Training

There may be courses at other colleges around the country.

I believe they are good and the success rate is high too.

Another pointer would be if you want advice on joining talk to a YOUNG officer not an OLD one, just because most of the old officers i know hate the job now 'its not like it used to be' is waht you usually get.

GMP runs open days for people to find out about the job, most probably your force will do the same

Good luck, If you are determined you will suceed

Paul

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

They are brilliant I've had a read through and the Talking blues looks great and I am definatley going to do one of their courses, I will wait until I get back off holiday to book as I can't do the dates they have listed, but hopefully when I get back they'll have new dates. Again Thank you sooooo much!!! This time I'm in!:D

5,000!!!! Holy Jesus thats amazing!

Not heard anything yet, not really too sure on what I should be doing now as I contacted them and sent my statements by fax so I have been really pushing them to do something, but as I don't have a court date there's not really much more I can do, but sit and wait I suppose, quite a bit of an anti-climax!

Hows yours going?

The courts are really slow down here - probably clogged up with these - so it seems to be taking a while for paperwork to be going through the system. I have however tried to play hard ball with my AQ, and hope that the fact the court may be slightly swamped, will mean they accept my suggested directions and force Barclays hand sooner, this would mean no court date, just the court asking for info to be provided by both sides (basically standrad disclosure in a new guise) and obviously they wouldn't want to do that, so would settle straight away...

...if the court don't accept my directions, then it could be weeks before I get a date through, and that date could be a while coming!

humph!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

I did exactly the same, I sent a letter suggesting small claims track and a draft of directions, but it doesn't look like they have bothered with those, shame though, it would of been great forcing barclays hand!

Emmy's got her money -- have to say little jealous would of liked to have it now, not having to do all this waiting! It looks like you and I have to work/wait a little harder/longer!

Tori:)

Hi Torigirl, just thought i would check in and see how things are going.

Sorry to hear not alot has happened.

Oh well chin up, at least you are going on holiday in less than a week. Where are you going anywhere nice?

Just try to forget about all this and relax, (easier said than done I know)

I am hoping to book to take the kids and extra kids to Florida for the 21st June (all payed for by Barclays, although it is my money)

5 kids and me in Disney for 14 days I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL

Oh well fingers crossed for you !!!!!! Caz:p

It's happened again - I've had an offer of full settlement from Barclays-

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My court date was 14 June (just for a hearing, but a telephone hearing to be set up by Barclays) - like HSBC I don't think they wanted to go down that road - :-)

I'm so chuffed - didn't even have to produce a bundle!

Stick with it, torigirl, poppyo7 and all - your turn can't be far off now.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Just shows, if you stick to the timetable - it works..

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hey Johnnymitch!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Enjoy all that money!! Like you said our turn has to be soon, not heard anything from either Barclays or the Courts, at least when I get back off holiday hopefully I'll have a nice sum a cash waiting for me!!!!

Caz - I'm off on a tour round Europe, Craig's mum and dad are over form New Zealand so we have to do the whole bit. And to be honest me and the Mother in law do NOT get on, she is soooo picky, I am at the moment just holding my breathe and letting it go over my head, but if I am with her 24/7 I'm not sure I'll be able to! So wish me luck with her xxx Enjoy your holiday but I'll be back by then and speak to you before you go!:)

Tori :)

Thanks torigirl - enjoy your holiday and (fingers crossed!) you'll have good news to come back to.

Think positive - once you get a court date send a 'gentle nudge' letter just to keep your file fresh in their memory and .......who knows?

Cheers

John:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! ffyr,

You've done it - and so can you torigirl!

As ffyr says - keep at 'em! (after your holiday that is!)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ive had my settlement too! (see my thread for details, but its all ok!)

settled in full, and theyve agreed not to put anything on my credit file given that the reason my account has been in such a state for so long (i cancelled everything in or out of it in jan) has been because of this ongoing claim, and now its settled (or will be within 10 working days) they have agreed to reinstate my card/cheque book etc!

keep fighting Tori!!!!

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Thats brilliant Mamabear, I sooo pleased for you!

Well I'm off tomorrow first thing, so I'll be back in 3 weeks ready to get my money!

Peter you may get your money before me, I think i'm bronze!!!!:D

Tori

ooohh.... did i win???

YEAH!!!! never won anything like this before!

however i bet you guys are claiming significantly more than me, so i'll let you off!!!

congrats all round though (tori, yours is on hold till you get back, then we shall congratulate you too!!)

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Ok I just rang the courts and they said my paperwork is upstairs (whatever that means!), but I will need to write to them informing them of my holiday dates, as I could get a date in a few weeks! Si I have just sent a lettter to them, so hopefully I could get this all sorted when I get back!!!:D