Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well they 'acknowledged' my claim, it said the 2/4/07, which was late, but when I looked at it yesterday they hadn't and I sent them a letter in the last post saying I would give them an extra 7 days to acknowledge, so do I now still give them 14 days to enter a defence, starting from when they were SUPPOSED to of acknowledge the claim, or from when they did acknowledge the claim, yesterday? I think its from when they were supposed too but just need clarification.:) And do I just ignore the letter I sent yesterday giving them more time, as it's now not relevant?

Thanks in advance

Tori

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Well they 'acknowledged' my claim, it said the 2/4/07, which was late, but when I looked at it yesterday they hadn't and I sent them a letter in the last post saying I would give them an extra 7 days to acknowledge, so do I now still give them 14 days to enter a defence, starting from when they were SUPPOSED to of acknowledge the claim, or from when they did acknowledge the claim, yesterday? I think its from when they were supposed too but just need clarification.:) And do I just ignore the letter I sent yesterday giving them more time, as it's now not relevant?

Thanks in advance

Tori

Tori, give them 28 days from the date the claim was deemed served. They will ignore your letter, as you say, it's irrelevant now.

Ok so it was deemed served on the 17th March, so 28 days is the 14th April, and is that when they have to defend the claim? Sorry mumof3 I do know this but am starting to doubt myself!!! Thanks soooo much for your help through this, you have been bloody brilliant!:)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Ok so it was deemed served on the 17th March, so 28 days is the 14th April, and is that when they have to defend the claim? Sorry mumof3 I do know this but am starting to doubt myself!!! Thanks soooo much for your help through this, you have been bloody brilliant!:)

Yes Tori, they should enter a defence by 14th April, but again if they do not you should send another copy of that letter to prompt them.

You are more than welcome xx

Just a quickie,

my claim has been acknowledged and I now need to send Barclays a schedule of my charges, is it ok to send an up to date one? as I can't remember the day I filed with MCOL to reset my computer and get the schedule correct to that day.

hi tori,

IMHO just send them an updated SOC with a letter stating that further to the acknowledgement of your claim you enclose an up to date soc blah blah blah... as long as you let them know i cant see it being a problem.

as far as i am aware you dont claim back the OD charges, unless unauthorised charges have put you in / over your OD.

eg if you have a dd set up for your tv licence, and you take out some cash, and these two transactions put you into your OD, then you cant claim the OD charges back for the authorised OD.

however, if your DD took you OVER your OD limit and they bounced it, charged you for bouncing it, and then charged you again because their charges took you further over your limit, then you can claim those charges back.

this is how i understand it, and how i have been progressing with my claim(s), however, MODS / Admin, if i am wrong, please let me know!

HTH

MB XX

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Just to keep my thread up-to-date I have sent my schedule of charges to Barclays solicitors today as I have had the acknowledgement from Barclays and from MCOL, so now they have until 17th to defend the claim, so back to the waiting game until then. Then I think once they defend I will get an AQ in the post?:)

Oh, the person who acknowledged the claim from Barclays side, so on my letter from MCOL it was Adrian St John, will that be the person from now on be dealing with my claim?

Hi tori,

Barclays submitted their defence for my claim on the 4th April, they had until 5th April. I found out by phoning the courts yesterday they told I would get a copy in the post soon.

madhouse5:)

Oh, the person who acknowledged the claim from Barclays side, so on my letter from MCOL it was Adrian St John, will that be the person from now on be dealing with my claim?

Does anyone know if the person who signs my claim is the guy I will be dealing with from Barclays and has anyone else dealt with him? Is he nice? or hard work when it comes time to settle:D

his was the name on my defence but the person who dealt with my claim was kyrsta campbell who was very pleasant and ok to talk to.

i think a lot of people are terrified of phoning cos they think they are in for a confrontation , but that is just not the case , actually the exact opposite.

from what i've read i think they are all ok especially anthony lombardi but i did hear he had left.

keep us updated and good luck:wink:

Woooooooo hooooooo (I've got a working keyboard :rolleyes: )

Good to see things are developing nicely....

I dealt with Anthony Lombardi (not that long ago), as per my barclays thread....

The "method of madness" with Barclays :rolleyes: is too make you go through everything in the hope you drop the case; which you wont of course...

As soon as you receive a court date, of any sort, make a phone call.... be polite, and just ask "I'm sure you don't reallly want to attend court.... do you want to settle now??"

It didn't work for me the first time (it does for the majority though) but the second time I tried I got a phone call back the following day.... only a weekend before an allocation hearing.... he was virtually begging me to settle.....:)

When you make the phone calls always have an up to date settlement figure; pen, paper, and all your correspondance...

Anyway for now....:sad: .... get ready for the AQ... and play the waiting game....

Innocent :D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

:) Thanx for that guys, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, had a bit of a bad day - didn't pass my driving test which is about 10 years too late:mad: Oh well always next time, obviously the driving test person doesn't realise how brill and inspiring I am?!!!!!:D

"tick tick tick......"

My lloyds current case they have till wednesday :rolleyes: (we'll both probably end up with a defence which.....

......from what I've been researching is slightly arguably better then applying for judgement.....)

Basically, if we get a defence (99% certain) then we are on the right very long track to success

If, ultimately, we apply for judgement now, ultimately barclays or lloyds, can apply for this to be 'set aside' delaying the process sometimes for months....

Keep us informed 'oh inspirational one'

Innocent :-D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

MONUMENT VISA

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

:wink: Nope!

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

MONUMENT VISA

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Surprise, Surprise ....... they are late again! They were supposed to of defended my claim today, but haven't so far:mad: Pretty much what I expected they were late acknowledging and now are late to defend. How are they able to get away with this time and time again?!!!