johnk81 vs HSBC

johnk81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all I have good news !

HSBC wrote to me after doing my mcol a week ago and have offered me 2002.02 pound in relation to 2250 pounds in my claim I am accepting this as it is near enough for me all i have to do is sign the letter send it back and in 7 days justice has been done (well a percentage anyway lol) all I want to do now is thank EVERYONE who has given me help and advice on this I WILL be making a donation to the site as a thankyou for all that this site has done for me !

Im well chuffed and thanks again to all of you who have helped many many thanks john.

john - get the filing fee out of them - have you sent it back yet?

just send this instead:

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

Unfortunately, I have already filed a claim against you on xx/xx/07. Should your offer be increased to include my court filing fee of £120 I would then be able to accept your offer as full and final settlement. The total amount I wish to be refunded is £XXXXX(their offer plus your filing fee)

As soon as I receive confirmation from you that you agree to this increased figure I will accept the new offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim of £XXX

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I look forward to receiving your revised offer

Yours Sincerely

bet it's worth another 120 and only a couple of days more to wait!