Buchanan Clark & Wells & Scottish Power debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i just received a letter from bcw stating that unless i pay £543.65 council tax arrears in full they will arrange for the sherrif officers to contact my bank and formally request my account to be frozen, previoually i said to them i would pay £60 a month i paid twice then i lost my job but i have since returned to work and i am worried about what to do. any help?

As the moderator says post this this on Debt in Scotland, I assume you are in scotland. Basically Buccy and the other ones' Scott and co are a full of it, they come out with the most amazing bull, having said that don't screw around with council tax,because they can in extreme circumstances take from bank accounts,etc.

if you can afford to make payments make them direct to the council not to the dca also send them a letter saying this is all you aford and will pay more when you can. The council can not refuse payments. If you can't pay post on debt in scotland and Rory32 should be able to help you.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I am not sure if anyone can help or has any advice but i have received a letter from Buchanon clarke and wells chasing a debot fo £4900 from an old barclaycard I had. I am almost certain it was over 6 years ago and I have heard of something called a statute of limitations. if I ignore the letters, i am unsure what they will do next.

I am not in a financial situation to pay the debt, I am currently in a payment plan with payplan and pay them every last penny i have after living to clear current debts ( i know, stupid but i was in hospital after being diagnosed with a life time illness and run up the debts trying to survive).

i am anxious that they will keep chasing, the letter says the file has been passed to them by some other agency so it looks like it is just being passed from pillar to post over the last few years. im going insane with all this!

any help much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

i received a call from this mob yesterday even though my home number is ex-directory. when i called them back & asked who they were & what they wanted the only reply i got was 'we are buchanan clark wells, who are you?' i told the bloke that i had never heard of them & that i wanted to know what they wanted. he again replied that they were bcw & he refused to answer any of my questions although he did ask me for my home address which i refused to give out.

i have no idea what they want or who they claim to be acting on behalf of.

i see from the threads that they seem to be telling many people that money is owed to british gas. that would be difficult as i am in an all electric house.

i have also recieved dozens of unsolicited calls from a number which, when you call it back, has a recorded message saying that they do not accept incoming calls.

it looks to me as though they are less than honest with their collection efforts. i have got 20 years collections experience with a major high street building society so bring it on bcw. lets see how far you get cos you aint getting nothing out of me.

are you reading this mr doherty of bcw on 0871 700 1547?

BCW are hopeless. I have had dealings with them. They sent me a letter in July 2007 regarding an alleged debt so i wrote back asking for proof but i never received a reply. I got another letter from them in June 2008 (11 months later) regarding the same matter. I asked them to send proof again and enclosed a copy of my previous letter to them. On the 23rd of June 2008 i got a letter from a solicitors asking me to contact Buchanan, Clark + Wells which i did with a letter dated 27th June 2008 again asking for proof that i owed the alleged debt. I got another letter from BCW dated 13th August 2008 saying that a Debt Investigation Officer was going to visit me. I sent them a reply on the 14th August 2008 to which i have never received a reply. I then received a letter from Scotcall Debt Collecting Services regarding the same alleged debt. I have sent them at least 3 letters asking them to provide proof but i have never had a reply and they are now ignoring me.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool: