johnnymitch v HSBC

johnnymitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lattie et al,

My 'gentle nudge' letter (see 14 Mar) has worked!!!

YIPPEE !!!!!!!!! i'VE GOT AN OFFER - FULL AMOUNT!!!

I'll leave the celebration til it's physically there, but I think I've done it!

Thanks to all who helped support me, especially you Lattie - you're an inspiration! Thank you. My donation will come as soon as HSBC cough up.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thanks Netty, you were there for me as well!

Sorry to disappoint you Pete, -it would have been interesting ,but I'm glad it's not me! If they got their letter from the court at the same time as I did, then that may have done it, but they referred to my 'gentle nudge' letter,so it may be worth others having a go at that.

Cheers

John:lol:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PS - How's your own claim progressing Pete? I think you're not far behind me - ?

John

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ah! I know the feeling - seems interminable, doesn't it? But you'll get there, never fear!:cool:

Nemo me impune lacessit

what a way to start my morning!!!!!!!

congratulations.........

you did it!!!!!!!

yes, yes, yes

i'm so, so pleased for you - cross off the confidentiality clause and if they say something about never claiming again - cross that off too -

make sure they included all fees,

whoppee!!!!!!

don't halt the claim until the money arrives - get that letter back to them

and pete, you want a phone conference - feel free !

(lol), personally, i'm really tickled john doesn't have to deal with it - it was making me nervous!

didn't have time to stay on long this a.m. - told myself i'd only read one more - sure glad i picked yours john, congrats again!

Thanks Lattie - I knew you'd be pleased - glad I made your day!

Actually the court sent a letter saying that the hearing had been put back to 25th April - and that DG would be responsible for setting up the telephone facility!

I'll bet they're glad they're settling as well!!;)

So, Pete, if you ask for a telephone hearing, they'll probably fall over themselves to settle! (But I think there are only certain courts who have the facility)

Thanks again - Lattie, I'll let you know when the dosh is in hand - we can have a cyber- pint together!;)

Cheers

John

Nemo me impune lacessit

Well... it’s in the back of my mind now that the court might "do phone" so who knows. I doubt very much DG would go for that any more than entering a court room, it amounts to the same thing and would end up with the same outcome, disclosure of the banks costs involved with the items generating the huge charges. It won’t happen.

pete

You've got it Lattie.

Did you see the programme on Barclays tonight? That's going to cause a rush I would think - arrogant beggars, aren't they?:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi Lattie and all,

Just to let you know I've had a letter from DG saying settlement should be received within 7 days.

They also want me to cancel the court hearing - which I will do ........

....when the money is in my possession - not before - I've got till 25 April,

will let you know how it goes. I seem to remember someone saying he'd had two such letters and was still waiting....?

Cheers, John :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

COME ON PETE - IT'S LATTIE - NOT LETTIE, AND NETTY NOT NATTY

better stick to pinky and perky!

and yes, maybe the thought of it drove them to deal! hope so.

maybe it was a video phone and they don't want us to see them!

I know what you mean pata!

John;)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Yippee!!!!!!

It's in my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Full refund of all charges !:D :D :D !

Hi Lattie and all - can't believe it ,but it's there - thanks to you all for your support, - now for Barclays!!

I'm sitting here with a large, single malt , at peace with the world and just about to contribute to a wonderful site.

Cheers everybody - keep up the good work

John:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Thanks pete - and pinkduchess - makes it all worthwhile to know people are pleased for me!

You can't have long to wait now pete, -stick with it! You too, pd! ;)

All the very best ,John:)

Nemo me impune lacessit