Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for replies- have decided to follow C Allens advice- too complicated!!! Claim is for £565 total penalty charges plus 128.65 for total of all interest. Hope thats right!

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but won't that just be the 8%, should i just change 0.08 to 0.298 ? to work it out at 29.8

sorry if i'm being stupid

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Ok then,worked out my interest with 16%.Not brave enough to go for the whole thing (25.9%).

Just one last thing.Read a few threads and noticed it has been mentioned that the interest list on the spreadsheet should be shorter than the charges list?

mine is almost double the size of the charges list,and i am convinced that i done something wrong now.

This isn't guaranteed, but usually you are only charged interest once a month, but there's often several charges in a month. If this isn't the case then don't worry. The main reason it was mentioned was when people were attempting to line up the interest on the right with the charge on the left by leaving gaps in the interest side - which is not the right way to do it.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Won't 0.08 just work out the 8%, should i change it to 0.298?

sorry if i'm being thick

OK I GIVE IN

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Cr*p one charges=£976

Right i changed the above formula from 0.08/365xnumber of days since charge to 0.298/365x number of days since charge and the figure has gone from £617.58 interest at8% to an amazing £2332.77 at 29.8% have i done this right? MODS:confused:

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME IF I'M RIGHT

OK I GIVE IN

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Cr*p one charges=£976

sorry forgot to say those figures are just the interest calcs

OK I GIVE IN

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Cr*p one charges=£976

I have now received my bank statements from THE HALIFAX All the charges are simply marked

"CHARGES AS NOTIFIED"

No further details as to whether they are for refused D.D's or whatever.

Shall I just put these details in the LEFT HAND column of the spreadsheet?

Also do I have to put what the balance of my account was when each charge was taken.

The charges amount to £960 altogether.

Can I just put in my letter "plus any interest charged on these charges" as I don't know where to start on working it out.

You can put the same as they did for the charges description. If you are using the coloured spreadsheet there is the option to enter the interest charged and it will calculate the proportion due to charges.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

I have now received my bank statements from the halifax

All the charges are simply marked

"CHARGES AS NOTIFIED"

Shall I just put these details in the left hand column?

Also do I have to put what the balance of my account was when each charge was taken.

Can I just put in my letter "plus any interest charged on these charges" as I don't know where to start on working it out.

yeah my statements said exactly the same but at least it makes filling in the spreadsheets a bit easier:)

thanx vamp I'll be taking it in tomorrow with the 19.8% added, sould be interesting, I'll keep you posted in my halifax thread

OK I GIVE IN

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Cr*p one charges=£976

I have now received my bank statements from the halifax

All the charges are simply marked

"CHARGES AS NOTIFIED"

Shall I just put these details in the left hand column?

Pam,

There are lots of details answering your questions in the notes to the spreadsheet. Please read these carefully.

If you don't have detail of the charge then you can't write it, so just put charges as notified like you suggested.

You can't just request the interest on the charges and expect them to calculate it for you. You must come up with a figure, or if you can't, then don't claim it.

Good luck.

[

I am in the process of completing the coloured spreadsheet re my bank account.

Can anyone answer this query?

The total of my charges is £936 however when I put the data into the spreadsheet the cumulative penalties charged column only adds it up to £908.

I have entered the figures 3 times now but it always comes out the same.

Is this right?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pam

Hi PamPam,

If you want to forward the spreadsheet to me along with a copy of your message here, I'll take a look this evening. Put "FAO Vamp only" in the subject box for me please. It sounds like a formula is just not right somewhere. Sounds like it will be easily fixed.

Don't panic.:)

[

Hi, just a quick question.

Do you have to fill out the spreadsheet? because on my Barclays statements the interest is charged straight before the penalty charge and on my LloydsTSB statement it has a list of the interest charged in relation to the penalty charges.

It depends if all the Barclays interest is due to charges. The Lloyds one sounds better.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Could you explain the problem that you're having?

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Could I just ask? - on the new credit card spreadsheet of Vamps there is a column for ' amount paid'. Vamp says in the notes "enter the amounts paid".

I have in one month, say March attracted a £20 late fee and made no payments but in April made a £50 payment so no charges. Again in May a £50 payment and no charges but in June have a late fee of £20 and no payment made.

Do I add those payments in the ' amount paid' column or just put into that column the amounts paid in the month of the charges? Making that figure zero.

I also take it the balance is always a minus figure and the charges a + figure.

Does the number of days work out automatically up to today's date or the last date you enter in the spread?
It works to the date set in the box at the top (usually automatically calculated as today's date).

Jeep (The Wife & I)

My charges come to £482 and when putting in the amounts and dates. The amount with interest is now £532 does that sound right? That's all I do isn't it, just enter the charges? Not include the petty overdraft interest of a few pence?

The amount it works out to is dependent on how much of the overdraft is due to charges.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

If you use the coloured spreadsheet you can also enter the interest charged and it will do the working out for you.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks