1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well some buy the debts at a pittance and others offer to take them for free on the basis of a 75/25 share of anything they get

they act dumb becuase it would illegal fo pursue it if it was in dispute

So with that in mind, outfits like RW, that ask me to prove a dispute, can go and whistle. They have no right it would seem to take such a stance. I wonder why Credit S realised this mistake closed the case and sent it home to thed OC - whilst RW are semi- chasing it? Very odd! I smell a rat.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The plot thickens

HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Another collector is now pushing their luck. Blure oliver and snot (I think that’s what they are called) has so far ignored my CCA request and is shouting about wanting more than the token payments I have been giving them. Early days but it sounds like more fun to come. They are still taking tokens whilst shouting though as one would expect. Not sure to cancel, these payments yet are not? If they play nice I may let the quid a month continue so will see how they go.

Here's another question. One account they are chasing me for has my name spelt wrongly – is this useful to me and just to be put down as a slight error legally speaking?

You know – spelling John as Jon sorta thing?

Edited by questioner

Ah good old Blair Oliver & Stupid, I make token payments to Sainsbury's Bank, they have never agreed to any repayment plan but have stopped adding interest and charges, I got many letters from Blair Oliver & Stupid in the beginning and I wrote them a lovely letter saying until I received a copy of my CCA from Sainsburys Bank as requested x months ago, I would not communicate with them, they sent various threats, which I ignored and continued with my £x per month, every 3 months I get exactly the same letter saying my payment programme is up for review....I ignore them and file them under S for stupid :D

I wouldn't worry too much about this bunch of muppets, they are on a par with 1st Cretins!

Good luck :)

Ah good old Blair Oliver & Stupid, I make token payments to Sainsbury's Bank, they have never agreed to any repayment plan but have stopped adding interest and charges, I got many letters from Blair Oliver & Stupid in the beginning and I wrote them a lovely letter saying until I received a copy of my CCA from Sainsburys Bank as requested x months ago, I would not communicate with them, they sent various threats, which I ignored and continued with my £x per month, every 3 months I get exactly the same letter saying my payment programme is up for review....I ignore them and file them under S for stupid :D

I wouldn't worry too much about this bunch of muppets, they are on a par with 1st Cretins!

Good luck :)

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT - MANY THANKS

One minute they give threats then the next they say payments are accepted.

Communication probs within I think.

I await the CCA reqest to be honored - if they fail this test so do further payments as with the 1st crudites.

What I would dearly like to see is an indisputable example of a CCA/copy agreement to be posted on this thread.

Something concrete that shows what we need to be looking for when devious DCAs give us crappy single pages copies of stuff that is so hard to read.

You see their main argument for attack is that if the page they send us has our name and details on with a signature and bank numbers ec then that is all they need to intimidate one into handing over the cash.

We need to prove that they are wrong here.

What I would dearly like to see is an indisputable example of a CCA/copy agreement to be posted on this thread.

Something concrete that shows what we need to be looking for when devious DCAs give us crappy single pages copies of stuff that is so hard to read.

You see their main argument for attack is that if the page they send us has our name and details on with a signature and bank numbers ec then that is all they need to intimidate one into handing over the cash.

that information is on here - you need to look for it!

"Is My Agreement Enforceable"

Thanks DD - I will try and find it somewhere.

Any clues to which thread to start with please ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

BINGO TA

Edited by questioner

Is it signed by you and dated? does it have your details? does it have all of the "prescibed terms" on the page you signed?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Is it signed by you and dated? does it have your details? does it have all of the "prescibed terms" on the page you signed?

It is a rough scan of a form headed “YOUR PERSONAL APPLICATION”

To the left of this is says A96

It is signed and dated with details but I cannot read what it says under the bit saying ‘YOUR APPLICATION DECLARATION’.

It is so badly copied and impossible to read as the text is all blurred and so small.

The 1st crudités still say that this will LEGALLY suffice though. They are aggressively adamant that they have me by the short and curlies with this single page, which looks like a draft copy that’s run out of ink. But if they are so confident in their position why have they been threatening me with it for so long now? They seem so very sure of their facts and they just threaten and bully me. Why did they demand my signature though on more than one occasion after I said this rough single page copy was not appropriate as a CCA, subsequent to following helpful CAG advice that CAB were wholly unaware about?

It’s baffling.

I just wish I had them one way or another over this vital point. Nevertheless, my complaints are in as I stated before and OFT are watching it all.

They are welcome to a quid a month again, all I can afford, so long as they give me what I am advised on here is what they should give me in the form of a properly executed copy oy the agreement ...

PS

Latest fun is that I asked Blearr oliver and stupid for a CCA on accounts after they were snotty about me keeping up token payments. THEY SAID THEY WANTED MORE PER MONTH. They were getting pushy – now they have suddenly said that the tokens are "acceptable" once again but no sign or mention of the elusive CCA yet. Revealing hey!

Edited by questioner

well if it was sent in response to a sect 78 request then it does not comply and they are in default

the regulations state that copies of documents sent to you must be "easily legible" and if they are not then they have not complied

write and tell them that until they comply with their obligations under s78 they will remain in default.

well if it was sent in response to a sect 78 request then it does not comply and they are in default

the regulations state that copies of documents sent to you must be "easily legible" and if they are not then they have not complied

write and tell them that until they comply with their obligations under s78 they will remain in default.

Thanks DD- this has all gone into complaints of course. I would have however thought that a "properly executed copy" was more than just one single page scan?

Latest fun is RW saying they will check to see if they can get me a CCA - funny as Crudite solutions seemed to have tried, failed and hastily closed that account then sent it home

Still no CCA s off Blimp oliver and snot tho .. just nice letters saying they are happy with a quid a month..

Edited by questioner

Although BO and snot are happy with the quid tokens they seem to have forgetten my CCA requests, which were sent recoreded delivery.

--------

Ho ho

Ist crude has answered my detailed written complaint with one crappy paragraph which states they their opinions have not changed and that they look forward to me paying off the outstanding debt.

That's it - no real response, just that.

Naturally I shall bang one back saying that the bad copy they sent was illegable and that they remain in s78 defaut.

They are unbelievable - probably best just to ignore them ???

Hello OFT again

Just also noting that this response does not seem to tally with their 'own' set of complaints procedues.

This says in 5 © that it can go to a FOS if I am dissatisfied which I am.

Can I expect a more detailed fob off later from the crudites or is the this latest 'in dispute' threat their answer to my official moan?

These clowns now seen to be ignoring their OWN complaints policy guidlines so maybe I need to tell them so?

Edited by questioner

not sure if i un derstand -a re you stil making token payments

if you claim they are in default then it might be better not to pay anything at all as on the one hand you will be saying the dont have a legally enforceable agreement and on the other acknowledging it by making payments!

its a grey area i know but why not make it black and white and thats one less argument to have in court!

not sure if i un derstand -a re you stil making token payments

if you claim they are in default then it might be better not to pay anything at all as on the one hand you will be saying the dont have a legally enforceable agreement and on the other acknowledging it by making payments!

its a grey area i know but why not make it black and white and thats one less argument to have in court!

NOPE - NOT MADE ANY PAYMENT FOR AGES AFTER TELLING THEM THAT THEY WOULD HALT IF THEY DID NOT GIVE ME A PROPER CCA

just gonna write to OFT about this one

Edited by questioner

luvvly jubbly

I have lots of creditors, some I am giving the quid a month to and others now nothing.

Why oh why cannot these twits just send me a proper CCA and stop messing like this – I should send ‘em a bill for postage costs perhaps??

I am really looking forwards to the happy day when I can have real sport and pay off the ones who CAN give a proper CCA with a Full and Final Settlement and the ones who are playing daft games like the 1st crudities.

No CCA = no pay out as you say!

If the authorities keep their word after the Feb OFT attack on the crudites then they are soon to be in deep waters and possibly will get their trading licence stamped on . They are still demanding dosh be paid to them even though accounts are in dispute so...?? Its almost as if they are on a suicide mission to cripple their own company.

Crudites without jobs - what a nice thought and real justice . What goes around will come around I reckon.

I have lots of creditors, some I am giving the quid a month to and others now nothing.

Why oh why cannot these twits just send me a proper CCA and stop messing like this – I should send ‘em a bill for postage costs perhaps??

I am really looking forwards to the happy day when I can have real sport and pay off the ones who CAN give a proper CCA with a Full and Final Settlement and the ones who are playing daft games like the 1st crudities.

No CCA = no pay out as you say!

If the authorities keep their word after the Feb OFT attack on the crudites then they are soon to be in deep waters and possibly will get their trading licence stamped on . They are still demanding dosh be paid to them even though accounts are in dispute so...?? Its almost as if they are on a suicide mission to cripple their own company.

Crudites without jobs - what a nice thought and real justice . What goes around will come around I reckon.

one of the major reasons why they dont send you the original in response to your request is because their archives will (genuinely) be so vast that it is a major effort (or they have destroyed them)

that is not to say that they wont pull it out if they are forced into doing so , so its best to softee softlee catchee monkee and not rock the boat too hard - just enough to create a few waves!

one of the major reasons why they dont send you the original in response to your request is because their archives will (genuinely) be so vast that it is a major effort (or they have destroyed them)

that is not to say that they wont pull it out if they are forced into doing so , so its best to softee softlee catchee monkee and not rock the boat too hard - just enough to create a few waves!

I would love to be a fly on the wall at their place and find out the truth.

Some of the letters I have sent to them have gone for the throat over the past 2 years, thus "softee softlee catchee monkee" may be a little late I fear. I have however been polite and just kept asking for the properly executed CCA to be given to me. They just keep saying they stick with their opinions and that I must pay them. Result = they get zilch!

They are not getting any richer by this silly bully boy tactic though and I can play it as long as they can - or until OFT take away their trading licence.

I will be happy to give them their tokens again if they give me the proper CCA.

WHEREVER THE FINANCIAL/BUSINESS SENSE LIES IN THEIR STRANGE ACTIONS I REALLY CANNOT SEE.

IF THEY GIVE ME THE PROPER CCA THEY GET LOVELY MONEY - IF THEY DONT THEY GET NOTHING?

WHY WAIT?

AM I MISSING SOME POINT?

"because their archives will (genuinely) be so vast that it is a major effort (or they have destroyed them)"

So on that basis:

(a) they think that constant pestering over a two years period is better than just digging out the CCA and getting payments back? I would have thought that they had such essential data filed methodically to allow easy access as this is their reason for business existence?

(b) if they have trashed or lost the proper CCA as you suggest then they have no case, according to what I am advised on here, and are just hoping for me to be nice and give them gifts? This possibility begs the question of what exactly the badly scanned page, they keep giving me, in taken from?

All very odd.

Place your bets time !

BTW does all this messing about with such clowns really help/increase one's bargining hand via F&f offers en mass when one is finally in a better position to pay off all debts?

Edited by questioner

I think the time had come to declare war on DCAs etc.

I have just looked at the token payments going out on my bank statements and I do not even know who some of the agencies are I am paying.

They do not tally with what was first put on my financial statement that CAB helped with. It is all getting so very confusing as I currently don’t know who I am supposed to owe what. I really think some are taking money that they should not be taking.

Now is it best if I just stop all payments to all collectors (known ones or otherwise) or ask for CCAs first? Whats the best way to play this so that I get my bearing back?

I have stopped tokens to the crudites, as you know, from having my cash as they are in default, but the rest?