1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I shall write to BOS saying all accounts are in dispute. 1 little letter will cover the whole batch of accounts in their office.

I have also just written to Crudite Colutions with an official complaint after they closed the file and sent it back to OC. These swines gave us merry hell last year.

Roobinsin wee then attacked us with it , as you may recall, and since we told them that they had no right to chase this up coz CS closed it they buggered off Should I let sleeping dogs lie on this one OR SMASH INTO THEM?

When we are very wealthy I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SUE ALL THESE WICKED FIRMS for stress or whatever.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to write a short formal letter of complaint to BOS putting the account in to default due to non compliance of CCA request.

Whoops - I have already done this so they know they are in default on all alleged accounts. due to none compliance with CCA.

I did though get a nasty red letter threat on 1 july but the CCA was only sent late in June so may have crossed.

I shall BE KIND, save a stamp and wait.

They have so far not got back with a response about the partially legible so-called CCA thing I uploaded a few pages back

Whoops - I have already done this so they know they are in default on all alleged accounts. due to none compliance with CCA.

I did though get a nasty red letter threat on 1 july but the CCA was only sent late in June so may have crossed.

I shall BE KIND, save a stamp and wait.

They have so far not got back with a response about the partially legible so-called CCA thing I uploaded a few pages back

my my questioner..... i do believe youre starting to enjoy this

my my questioner..... i do believe youre starting to enjoy this

lol. Is there such a thing as a born - again debtor DD?

I TELL YOU - YOU ARE READING MY MIND DD AS TODAY MY WHOLE ATTITUDE CHANGED DRAMATICALLY AND I FELT LIKE A WEIGHT HAD BEEN LIFTED OFF ME.

I for one cannot remain gloomy forever and want to simply live!

I KNOW THAT I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BUT YES - I THINK I WILL SURVIVE.

I am taking the fight to the enemy and thanks to CAB will give back more than I get now.

Bullies are not so tough when you tie them in knots are they. I aim to do what I can to destroy their ability to wreck families (legally of course.)

It also think it helps one's confidence to complain against them all too.

I am learning anyway and that's the vital thing.

xxxxxx

its etched into the beam above the bar in a 200 yr old pub in sheerness which i saw first in 1967! and it has stuck with me since and describes my attitude to life

dont know about inidans culture except that once i had to go the the doctor because one day a thought i was a teepee and the next day i thought i was a wigwam

the doctor said i was too tense!!

Groan:rolleyes:...but a good motto.

Questioner, you will survive this blip and learn a lot from it, with the help offered here. It may not go all your way but you will gain confidence and feel a bit more empowered to forge a path ahead.

My OH is a born again debtor and has gone from being almost suicidal to being able to open letters when they arrive rather than ignoring them or jumping everytime someone knocks the door. When I found out how much debt he'd got us into it was difficult to deal with but I'm glad that I stood by him even though we went through some very bad times and it almost destroyed our family.

If you ever feel the need to talk there is always someone here to listen.

But until then sit on your hands and wait to see what the cruds do next;)

DD BB CRAPSTONE

You peps are life-savers and I can diig what you say CP about the troubles that this stress brings to families. Our has survived it but many don't.

I an not sitting on my hands though - I am writing complaints to others and I find this also helps to build confidence up.

The worst crudites have now had the DD letter to call their bluff over the CCA and BOS are aware they are in default on all accounts. Crudite Solutions are getting a nice complaint also.

Like I say folks - I am learning slowly so lets see what postie brings next.

DD - good luck in the wigwam. :grin:

PS DD, just a thought but what happens if the worst crudites do manage to produce a lovely shiny CCA doc and say ok - come and see it? I only ask as I would not know if it was a genuine article or not.

Edited by questioner

If they do produce a CCA then we cross that bridge when it happens. They produced one for my OH with only half the agreement and it was statute-barred.

It's not through the goodness of their heart that they (original creditors) don't go to the courts initially for a CCJ. They know there are grounds to be disputed and the longer the debt is left the less chance they have of enforcement, so they sell the debt on to someone who will use every trick in the book to get some money out of you at the least cost to themselves. Which is usually the SD route..cheap as chips and scary stuff on the face of it.

It's theraputic to complain but after a while I just didn't bother wasting my time or effort on responding to some creditors. I put the ball firmly in their court and they usually back off when they realise you know what you are talking about and aren't going to be bullied that easily.

Get hold of some law books and read up on contract/consumer law if you have the time. It really helps to understand the basics and puts all the arguements here into context so you get the whole picture rather than just bits of it.

• Haha 1

Has anyone received the text from 1st Credit offering 30% off your account if you settle with them before the end of July?

I've not paid them a penny or corresponded with them for nearly four years, so they must be mad to waste their time with me!

Data Protection Act sent to Barclays Bank 15 May 06.

Bank statements received 9 May 06. Owed £610 in charges and £31.96 in interest.

Prelim letter sent 15 Jun 06.

Letter Before Action sent 26 Jun 06.

I got the same offer but in the form of a letter rather than a text. It is beautifully worded, it is a 'generous' offer, they 'wish to help you' and are 'pleased to offer this opportunity'. Yes, of course you are because you know you can't get 100% of the debt as you've not provided a valid CCA!;)

If they do produce a CCA then we cross that bridge when it happens. They produced one for my OH with only half the agreement and it was statute-barred.

It's not through the goodness of their heart that they (original creditors) don't go to the courts initially for a CCJ. They know there are grounds to be disputed and the longer the debt is left the less chance they have of enforcement, so they sell the debt on to someone who will use every trick in the book to get some money out of you at the least cost to themselves. Which is usually the SD route..cheap as chips and scary stuff on the face of it.

It's theraputic to complain but after a while I just didn't bother wasting my time or effort on responding to some creditors. I put the ball firmly in their court and they usually back off when they realise you know what you are talking about and aren't going to be bullied that easily.

Get hold of some law books and read up on contract/consumer law if you have the time. It really helps to understand the basics and puts all the arguements here into context so you get the whole picture rather than just bits of it.

crapstone your reasoning is 100% sound- far too many letters are sent back and forth

I hope this is of help to others i use it when I have reached the "yes you did - n ot you didnt stage" of the failue to comply with s78

I consider it to be an extrreemly powerful tool if and when the matter should get to court stage and puts the creditor firmly on the back foot

it should also be noted that of four requests so far not ONE has agreed- more than that and even more damaging to them not ONE has even acknowledged the letter!

I refer to the above matter and your failure to supply legible documents (or whatever the alleged failure is )in response to a s78 Consumer Credit Act Request or to provide a true copy of a properly executed credit card agreement.

We appear to be at loggerheads in this matter, and clearly you remain in default of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on this matter.

The original properly executed credit card agreement is the document that you would need to produce in support of any county court action against me , and the same document that I would make a court application for you to produce if you failed to respond to such a request under a CPR31.16 prior to my seeking to commence proceedings against yourselves.

It would therefore seem to me to be entirely in line with the overriding principles of the CPR for us to make every attempt to settle matters outside the court system .

In furtherance of this objective therefore, I would suggest that this matter can be disposed of without further delay by you allowing me to inspect the original properly executed credit card agreement . Thus the matter can a be resolved one way or the other.

- 2 -

Normal convention requires that any such document is inspected in situ- I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance to inspect this document.

Alternatively I am prepared to pay the reasonable costs of having this document couriered to the local branch of Barclays Bank (or wherever) for me to inspect it there

I can think of no valid reason, if it is your sincere desire to have this matter dealt with without further delay, why you should not accede to this request. Since clearly if you satisfy me that you do have a properly executed and enforceable agreement then i can immediately enter into discussions with you with regard to discharging the said debt, which is surely what you are trying to acheeve!

If however it is the case that you do not possess a properly executed agreement then it would be the better for all concerned for you to admit to this fact now and then we may be able to negotiate a mutually acceptable outcome.

Edited by diddydicky
duplciation

I got the same offer but in the form of a letter rather than a text. It is beautifully worded, it is a 'generous' offer, they 'wish to help you' and are 'pleased to offer this opportunity'. Yes, of course you are because you know you can't get 100% of the debt as you've not provided a valid CCA!;)

Ah, so you're saying 1st Credit don't have a valid CCA on me? I don't know this because 1st Credit don't have my address either and I'm not going to write to them asking for one; thereby giving my address away.

All they have is my mobile number.

Data Protection Act sent to Barclays Bank 15 May 06.

Bank statements received 9 May 06. Owed £610 in charges and £31.96 in interest.

Prelim letter sent 15 Jun 06.

Letter Before Action sent 26 Jun 06.

Ah, so you're saying 1st Credit don't have a valid CCA on me? I don't know this because 1st Credit don't have my address either and I'm not going to write to them asking for one; thereby giving my address away.

All they have is my mobile number.

if you are using that tactic then you need to do regular checks on your cra files to make sure they don't sneek a ccj against you without you knowing

usually just a ploy to get you to phone them

DD - yes I have sent the previous letters off to the crudites and their response so far has been

thank you for your correspondence - they will be passed to the right dept blah blah......

Amazing

Perhaps their recent offer to some peps is evidence that they know their time is short for trading and they are seeking to coin in what they can before they get shut down by OFT?

Crapstone - no problem; I love complaining about such dictators.

DD - yes I have sent the previous letters off to the crudites and their response so far has been

thank you for your correspondence - they will be passed to the right dept blah blah......

Amazing

Perhaps their recent offer to some peps is evidence that they know their time is short for trading and they are seeking to coin in what they can before they get shut down by OFT?

Crapstone - no problem; I love complaining about such dictators.

I completely agree and that's why everyone who has anything to complain about 1st crud shouls do so to add another nail. Surely given the numbers of complaints on here and other sights plus people acting on their own should show the grave situation 1st crud MUST be in.

All we need now if for the OFT to show some balls and use their powers propely and take thier CCL as the pathetic £50 000 fine is not enough unless they fine for each and every complaint. That may make 1st crud financially unstable and we get rid of them that way :D

Ah, so you're saying 1st Credit don't have a valid CCA on me?

They don't have a valid agreement for me. The letters/texts are just standard ones that they send to everyone I think. 1st Credit had been leaving me alone in the 1st half of this year but during the past month or so they've stepped up their recovery attempts dramatically.

Yes - it does appear that the crudites are showing signs of a closing down sale.

What goes around comes around hey.

Nevertheless - if an enemy is worth flooring they are worth finishing off otherwise when they get up they will come back at you.

Just a quickie - OH had a card with Citi. They sold it to 1st credit a while ago (I'm pretty sure it was done lock stock rather than them just managing it) who duly passed it on to Connaught to manage.

I CCA'd Connaught in about Sept/Oct. After a couple of weeks they said it was being passed to 1st Credit. After another couple of weeks they said it was being passed to Citi. I've heard nothing since.

I've just sent Connaught a reminder letter (it's only just occurred to me as we've had a rough few months and it slipped my mind), but I'm wondering if I should also send one to 1st Credit?

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

My OH has had prior dealings with Connaughts/1st Crud and coughed up on the first SD they ever sent, which was years ago. A day or so later he received an offer of 50%( in a comical rainbow print) and when he called then he was told that he had been conned and they never expected payment for more than 25%.

Now we are just treating them with the contempt they deserve. The complaints that needed to be made were sent but other than that they can whistle as it's just not worth raising my blood pressure over. Their fish are truly fried but there are bigger ones out there waiting to be battered and put into boiling oil.