Dalton vs Halifax.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have just gone through my last 6 years bank statements and totalled up the charges ... a huge £4300.

What do I do next. Do I send a letter with all the charges detailed on it ?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

In the poop without a scoop....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi chris.

You need to do your spread sheets now.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Everything you will need is here. Your first letter is the prelim,

Here is a great version of the step by steps.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/56957-simple-steps-beginners.html

If you need any more help just shout. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thnaks for that. I have done the spreadsheet and worked out the charges and dates etc. I have now done the prelim letter.

2 more questions :)

Do I need both signatures on the letter if it is a joint account ?

Should I send it normal 1st class post or registered ?

Thanks

Hedgehog,

If you both need to sign to withdraw from the account or both need to sign cheques, then you will need both signatures. If you can sign individually, then one signature will suffice - I'm just claiming for a joint account now, and they have accepted that with just my signature.

With regard to the 2nd question re postage. You can send it recorded delivery, however, there is no guarantee that it will get signed for - there are other threads on this site where people have been told by Royal Mail that the letter had been declared 'lost' but they then recieved a reply to the 'lost' letter. When you post it, ask at the counter for proof of posting - it's accepted by the courts that once posted, it wll be rec'd within 2 days.

Proof of posting is also free, so you incur no further charges for claiming back YOUR money

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ok here we go. Thought I would start my progress thread :)

1st February 2007 - Preliminary letter sent requesting charges refund of £4415.

Already had all my statements for the last 6 years so skipped the first step :)

Will keep you posted on progress.

Quick question???

I will be sending off my LBA tomorrow and noticed that the first line says 'I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter ' Do I leave this in even though I received the acknowledgement that they received the original letter or do I re-word it ?

just add

in a positive way

in the letter.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi hedgehog,

It is entirely up to you, I was offered similar but i'm holding out for full amount. i'm at judgement stage as they ignored court file.

If your happy with offer take it and run. unconditionally. if not hang on in for full amount.

Good luck.

:lol::lol::lol:

Claim for £4415

Prelimin letter sent off ....no response within 14 days other than standard 'we will respond in 4 weeks' letter.

LBA sent off at 15 days....

With 3 days to go before court claim is filed, letter received offering £3010.

Telephone call to Halifax informing them of intention to file at court. Asked what I would accept in settlement, I said £4000. £4000 agreed in full settlement.

Awaiting payout :) :)

Thanks to all for your help..... donation on its way

Anyone tell me how long I should give them to pay out the funds. Their letter stateswithin 14 working days of receipt of acceptance letter. Do they payout last minute or is it just a case of when they get round to it???