style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have read my contract and according to that i have no obligation to pay my landlord in CASH on the 1st of every month.

in a recent incident due to my unavailability i was suggested that i leave the rent outside my room in a safe place and notify him so that he could collect it from there.

now my housemates are trustworthy but WHY should i take such a risk for apparent reason?

i stated to my landlord that i can pay the amount via bank transfer(BACS) and the money would be in his account immediately(we both have same banks and transfers occur in real time)

now he jus refused saying that he doesnt want to give his bank details coa they are "personal"

is this by any meand justified???

im paying him the rent on the stated time and as the contract does not oblige me to pay cash i am making alternative arrangments!!!

is there anything as in law or something that actually relievs me of paying by cash......helllo i can also give him post dated cheques!!!!

actually i smell "tax evasion"

any professional help will be appreciated!! also many would suggest to get a lawyer which is what i might do and this is a preliminary advice im seeking as of now!!!

somethign tells me i hav no obligation to pay cash!!!1

Give him a cheque.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Well he cant, but neither can you insist on his bank details. However, he must accept cash or a cheque IMO.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

yes always always get a receipt - might sound arsey and wind him up a bit but point out that if he won't accept a cheque then he's going to have to take you to court for the money and at which point you will pay by - erm cheque....

Might be worth a call to the inland revenue with a copy of your receipts ;)

If you speak to the IR, and he IS evading tax, you could very well find yourself without a roof over your head, as he may end up having assets seized etc. Might not be the best idea!

highly unlikely and probably wouldn't happen for many months even if it was going to.

gonetoofar,in reply to your post:

1.Send him a cheque or cash by registered post.If sent by registered post,this should have the amount insured written on it - the amount of rent you pay your landlord.

2.Make sure it arrives by the due date in cleared funds.

3.If you pay by cash face to face,buy a rent book and get him to sign it for you.If he refuses to do so,secretly record your conversation on a cassette tape.Also if he does refuse,he is probably tax dodging.However you have the proof of your conversation with him as proof of your payment - next best option IMHO.