Nailz v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its okay I have worked it out,

so, I think my form is completed, Do I need to send 3x N1 forms, 3x scale of charges and a chueque for 120.00 to Swindon Magistrates court?

Or just 2 copies so that the court has one and halifax has one?

After this has been sent, do I just wait? will the court contact me with my next step?

Wow the forum is quiet today, no one offering any help at all!

My local court is Swindon, or do i need to do it through my local small claims court which is Bristol?

Please help!

Hard Working, Hard Drinking, Hard Done By!

Hiya Nailz,

Are you posting them or taking them in to your court? If you take them in they will double check it for you.

I took in 3 lots of everything. 1 for the court, 1 for haliprats, and the 3rd they sent back to me. Although you can ask for it stamped and take it back with you.

The next step will be a letter from the court giving you a date it has been issued and the date they have to respond.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Nailz

I have subsribed to your thread as I am too based in Sunny Swindon and i am also taking on Hallifax as well as HSBC, cap1 and BArclaycard to name but a few.

Good luck with your claim although you won't need it:-D !!!

Jonah

Sorry Nailz, only seen this now so I may be too late! Yes, you're right, you send three copies of the N1, three of the Schedule of charges and the cheque to the relevant court. They will then lodge your claim, and send one copy to Halifax and one back to you. Then you wait for the fun to begin :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

its okay I have worked it out,

so, I think my form is completed, Do I need to send 3x N1 forms, 3x scale of charges and a chueque for 120.00 to Swindon Magistrates court?

Or just 2 copies so that the court has one and halifax has one?

After this has been sent, do I just wait? will the court contact me with my next step?

Wow the forum is quiet today, no one offering any help at all!

My local court is Swindon, or do i need to do it through my local small claims court which is Bristol?

Please help!

County Court

The Law Courts

Islington Street

Swindon

Wiltshire

SN1 2HG

<a href=swindoncowe1.th.jpg' alt='swindoncowe1.t

• Haha 1

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Excellent, I posted all the docs to the right place!

I got my letter back today saying that they have until the 5th of march to defend, and from what I have read here, they will do so on the 4th of March! I hope they just call me and settle, but now with interest and fees its 2 grand I want, and not a penny less!

Hi Jonah, good luck with your claims mate, and persevere, its so worth it, I was really apprehensive before I sent the court letters, now its like, bring it on!! I want my cash!!

Hi all,

I got a letter back from the Halifax! they have offered me a settlement of 833 pounds!

I really feel like I am getting somewhere!

I need some help now though as I am actually gunning for 2k from them.

1. Do I need to respond to the letter to say I will accept but only as a partial settlement? What should this letter say?

2. Should I phone them and tell them my position and tell them I want the full settlement?

Thanks for your help guys!

Nailz, send them a rejection of settlement offer letter (accepting this offer as a partial payment), see here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

No need to ring them, just continue with your claim as normal and file your court claim when it's time :)

The only time you really need to speak to them on the phone is when they call to settle with you...that'll be about two weeks prior to whatever hearing date you're given. Any steps in the interim are just part of the process to your win :)

Crash

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Very close now Nailz, well done.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Nailz, send them a rejection of settlement offer letter (accepting this offer as a partial payment), see here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

No need to ring them, just continue with your claim as normal and file your court claim when it's time :)

The only time you really need to speak to them on the phone is when they call to settle with you...that'll be about two weeks prior to whatever hearing date you're given. Any steps in the interim are just part of the process to your win :)

Hey Crash, I filed my court papers a couple of weeks ago, they have until the 5th March to defend.

So just send them the rejection letter and wait for the call?

I rejected their offer they sent by post, I also spoke to someone there who offered me the full 1554 pounds I was claiming originally!

I declined their offer as I now want all of the money including interest! It did cross my mind to take the money though, but I was strong!

Halifax have until tomorrow to enter a defence, how many times have we seen them enter a defence on the last day??!

Good for you Nailz :) It won't be long now!

Crash

I rejected their offer they sent by post, I also spoke to someone there who offered me the full 1554 pounds I was claiming originally!

I declined their offer as I now want all of the money including interest! It did cross my mind to take the money though, but I was strong!

Halifax have until tomorrow to enter a defence, how many times have we seen them enter a defence on the last day??!

Well done, I agree they should pay all your money back now.

• 2 weeks later...

I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halifax have settled in full, they have just put the money straight in my account, no phone calls or letters or anything yet!!

Originally claiming 1554 ended up with just over 2 grand!!

Happy doesnt do my mood any justice!!!

Thanks for all your help guys, and thumbs up to the mods on the site, I have made a donation, couldnt of done it without yer!

Congrats Nailz! Halifax had until today to acknowledge the court claim but they haven't. Am having to ask for a judgement by default so hopefully won't be long now.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/11/06

Statements Received 02/12/06

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halifax have settled in full, they have just put the money straight in my account, no phone calls or letters or anything yet!!

Originally claiming 1554 ended up with just over 2 grand!!

Happy doesnt do my mood any justice!!!

Thanks for all your help guys, and thumbs up to the mods on the site, I have made a donation, couldnt of done it without yer!

Oh Nailz that's FANTASTIC! I am SO happy for you...see! Many many congrats and ENJOY!

Crash

No probs Nailz, now you've won, you can pass the same knowledge and confidence to many others to come :) Power to the PEOPLE!!

Crash

Well done Nailz, you too gave me the get up and go to carry, I have HSBC in the county court and as usual stalling for time. But I too will over the moon and relived when they cough up my hard earned cash,

Well done once again and good luck with the others:lol: