Moonstar Vs HSBC

moonstar1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys,

I apologise for only just posting and I have been reading this forum for some time! So firstly apologies for not posting earlier but work has been a nightmere!!! Thank you!

Right, I started out with the usual formalities, of letters... I received nothing from them, no return letters, no offers nothing.

So I went straight down the "Moneyclaim online" route.

I'm currently claiming £2500 + £120 for court fee.

They were served with documents on the 26th January, and now they have acknowledged the claim on the 30th January, so 28 days and counting now guys.

I will be making a dondation to this site if successful as it has been a massive boost reading such an informative forum.

I espcially reccommend reading HSBC Crusher's posts, as they were the most informative for me!

I'll keep you posted thanks Chris!

Guys,

I apologise for only just posting and I have been reading this forum for some time! So firstly apologies for not posting earlier but work has been a nightmere!!! Thank you!

Right, I started out with the usual formalities, of letters... I received nothing from them, no return letters, no offers nothing.

So I went straight down the "Moneyclaim online" route.

I'm currently claiming £2500 + £120 for court fee.

They were served with documents on the 26th January, and now they have acknowledged the claim on the 30th January, so 28 days and counting now guys.

I will be making a dondation to this site if successful as it has been a massive boost reading such an informative forum.

I espcially reccommend reading HSBC Crusher's posts, as they were the most informative for me!

I'll keep you posted thanks Chris!

Excellent you are doing fine, remember its 28 days from the date the claim is deemed served which is 5 days after it was issued. :D

didn't know that! I've learnt so much already and now more! I have an old halifax account from which they closed it 4 years ago, but there was around £1400 claim on that as i still have all my bank statements. Can i claim on this also?

Yes. :)

Guy's quick update,

Still not heard anything as for a defence from DG yet?

MCOL was issued on the 26th Jan, and acknowledged on the 30th Jan from DG. Still nothing as of yet from them.

Should I start to mither them now?

Anyone else on the same timescale as me?

Thanks

hi

your 28 days will have started from the date the claim was deemed served, usually 5 days after issue- the 'served date' is on the front of the notice of issue. they probably won't enter a defense until the last minute of the last day!!

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

Well Another update from you, I received a letter dated 16th Feb, and it was from DG, asking for a breakdown of my charges, now I had already done this and I phoned to ask whether they had received the fax I had sent back to them at the begining of Feb.

What are they playing at? I can press my Judgement button on Friday.

They said in the letter that if they don't receive this then it will just delay the whole proceeding, is this right? i've done what they ask! twice.

I've now faxed them 3 times on Monday and they definitely have my breakdown of all my charges.

Thanks & I'm getting worried now!!!

thanks netty. thats good to hear but i'll pray every night till i see one!

thanks your all over these boards.

quick question : I used to have an holifax account which i stopped back in 2004. I must have about £3K on this account, can I still reclaim my charges on this also? is it only 6 years? so i would only be able to claim from 2001?

thanks

Chris

It's my 28th day today, and the online court still say's acknowledged? So its the 29th day tomorrow, does this mean i'll be able to file for Judgment by Default? I've sent them my charges and they accepted that they had received them.

Chris

Also what happens next?

keep popping into mcol site and try pressing the judgement button!! even if it lets you do it though, the judges are quite generous in giving hsbc another 7 days to file their defence, but there' no harm in trying. ring the courts tomorrow also, ask what you should do as hsbc have not filed their defence

yes, my nightmare's not quite over yet, but i'll get there in the end. i have a guardian angel, and a whole forum of peeps behind me! well not just me, their behind everyone - but they've made me feel special in anycase :)

Hey guys another update, the last day for them to file a defence was today and guess what, at 3.30pm it was still acknowledged, at 4pm it was defence! I guess its carrying on for a bit longer now! GREAT! Any help at all from here in will be greatly appreciatted guys thanks chris. What happens now???????

seems like good news moonstar and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.. however, i think if you ring the courts tomorrow, they'll tell you that they give hsbc a further7 days to enter their defence! i hope for your sake that i'm wrong- it would be nice to see another one get paid judgement by default!

netty, moonstar said by 4pm it was defended. it's the old 3:58pm programmed defense. i'm sure it's done by a computer - too weird not to be. moonstar, you'll get a bunch of papers in 3-4 days including a transfer to your local court, a copy of the bank's defense and an allocation questionaire. check the aq and find the deadline - put it on your calendar - you must not miss the filing date - but, on the other hand - no use filing too soon - they asked for your breakdown so you may be getting an offer soon. just start looking at the aq threads and get to grips with it - on the other hand - ring dg and ask how your claim is coming along - just generally bug dg - you may find you get an offer before the aq is due and you won't have to file it or pay (it's 100 if your claim is over 1500 and you add this to what you are claiming). read nettys and other threads where they are getting their aq's ready to file.

here are the threads:Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

and this:New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

oh damn!! never mind it was inevitable! ok... in a couple of days you will receive a notice of transfer of proceedings, which will tell you which court your case is being transferred to (your local court), a copy of the defence (basically a photocopied piece of paper) and the allocation questionaire.

while your'e waiting for all that to arrive take a look at the links i'm sending an familiarise yourself with them

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

New strategy for Allocation Questionaires