Baby Boy Jasper v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know, it's great they can afford such expensive looking adverts. I doubt very much they are normal employees.

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gemma, I think they actually are real employees...that twunt, Howard, was picked out from a branch in Dudley or somewhere like that...

Doesn't mean I think they're any less annoying or a waste of money though!! I think JimmyBoy's point was that they're paid absolute pittance and this hasn't changed because of charges levied on us. Only the FatCats ever see any of that. Not for much longer though, huh?!! :)

twunt, what a cool word, lol. I was actually thinking "that Howard simply CAN'T be real" lol.

3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

I really made a 'twunt' out of myself in Chelmsford one day...walking past the branch, there were a couple of women outside trying to get people to come in and "meet Howard". I thought I was pretty funny saying "Yeah! Only if I can ask him if he's as annoying in real life as he is on telly!!!"....to which they just replied "Well, come and ask him then!". I just kinda went "Er.....nah, you're alright"....what a plonker!!

Oh, I just noticed you're a fellow Colcestrian! :) So Culver St is your local branch of trained blue-ar$ed baboons too then!

lol, yes culver street is my local branch. I would change banks on principal but no other silly bankers will give me a VISA debit card and cheq book now my credit rating is so bad :O

Yeah, my CR is the pits too as my Halifax Credit Card has been overlimit for ages by £200. I tried to get a top up on an exisiting loan with Halifax about a year ago when I was in a pickle with other concerns and they flat out rejected it...really not looking forward to trying to get a mortgage, if and when that day ever comes!

hey, i would be very surprised if it's as bad as mine :eek: i should be up to 15k now so I can go for an IVA once I get back into work. Will also need to reclaim charges on my various cards and loans. Welcome finance charge a tenner everytime they phone you or send a letter. They phone me up up 10 times a day. Cowboys.

Good luck with that...I'd say my total debts are around £20,000 but I don't really count my student loan, so more like £5000!

You sure an IVA is the way to go though? They can be pretty damaging to your reputation and too many people are taking them as an easier step than bankruptcy...still leave a nasty stain on your record. By the sounds of it you should be rolling in it after claiming back all this money!

It must of cost a fortune to make it.

Wonder where all that EXTRA money came from......:eek:

Our charges.....!!!!!

hope fully the next advert they will be singing in an old warehouse. he he:p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

As you know from my thread, i have sent off my L.B.A. this week.

I had a phone call today from those nice people saying that my current account has been written off as a bad debt!

Mainly because it was overdrawn etc.

I tried to explain that charges where down to them overcharging etc.

Guess what?, not interested.

All they are bothered about is that i pay back the overdraft each month.

Does this affect me claiming back charges?

I'll start this thread off again.

On Tuesday 13 Feb'07 I sent Halifax an L.B.A. to the branch the account is at, by Recorded Delivery. According to Royal Mail website, it arrived their today, so that's 3 days wasted already?!

Yesterday, I received a call from the Halifax debt recovery department saying that I still owe them money because the account is overdrawn by £1800.

They made me an offer to reduce the amount to £1400 last month and as of yet, I have not replied.

Yesterday I was told the account had been written off as a bad debt in January 07.

Now 2 questions:-

1. Because they only received the LBA today, do i count 14 days from today or from the date on the letter?
  2. Because the account has been 'written off as a bad debt', will this affect me claiming?

There is nothing you can do to speed it up at this stage. You just have to wait the 14 days then send the mcol or N1.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I've received a letter today making me an offer.

As you know in January (this year) I sent a preliminary letter asking for £XXXX.00 refund in charge's. I didn't receive any correspondance, so last week I sent off my L.B.A. with a list of charges again which included some extra charges that I had missed off the original prelim' letter.

The letter received today is an offer for the amount on the prelim letter & not what I put on the L.B.A.

The difference is £138.00.

Now do I refuse the offer and apply to get the difference back?

Also, they want to put it into the account, but there is a problem as they took my card off me & have been told there is a default on it so basically cannot use the account!

Can I ask for the money to be sent to me by Cheque?

Baby Boy Jasper, it's your choice as to whether you wish to accept the offer, but if the a/c is in arrears they will credit the a/c. They will not send a cheque as like you'll be getting your money back- they want theirs!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?