Warning Blair Oliver and Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I sent these people a CCA request on thursday by recorded delivery!

and it looks like they've refused to sign for it and its getting returned to me! :mad:

here is my recorded delivery number if you wish to check it out on royal mails site dh603090514gb

They probably know now if they recieve a recorded delivery letter they know what it is and got wise to it so decided to not accept any!

I also sent a few others on the same day to different companies and some have been signed for and delivered and the others hav'nt yet but just telling me on royal mail site to come back later So It looks obvious to me that Blair Oliver and Scott have refused to accept it!

When I finally recieve it back I'll send it by normal post and see what happens, but I wont know one way or the other if They've recieved it or not!

anyone any suggestions?

Thanks all :)

Are you sure you sent it to the right address? Ring them up and confirm it

and if they then won't give you a reason for why they wouldn't accept it

your letter. Don't send it by ordinary mail, but complain to your local Trading Standards with the returned envelope.

thanks for your reply I hope I did send it to the right place, this is the address I sent it to

Blair Oliver and Scott Limited

8 North Bank Street

Edinburgh

EH1 2LP

There part of HBOS, I think I'll try one more attempt at sending it by recorded delivery and if it comes back again

I will report to trading standards

can anyone please confirm tho if I have the right address please?

thanks again :)

I've just loked in another thread and got this address for them so maybe I did send it to the wrong address dohhhhhhhh .lol:o

Blair Oliver and Scott

PO Box 66

Rosyth

KY11 2WG

so when I do get it back I'll send it to the above address

many thanks tho:)

The address you first used is the one registered at Companies House-so they

should have accepted it.

I have not seen the second address you have in Rosyth, but if you are going

to resend to anywhere other than the original address, then I think it better

that you send it to their registered address [and the one they used to notify

the ICO] is

The Mound,

Edinburgh,

EH! !YZ.

Though I would be inclined to send it back as it is and warn them that you

will not take a second return lightly.

Hello,

I regularly write to Blair Oliver and Scott to this address:

Blair Oliver and Scott

PO BOX 66

Rosyth

Fife

KY11 2WG

I send recorded delivery and they always seem to get there :)

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

I sent a recorded delivery letter to the Rosyth address on Friday and it was signed for on Monday.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

I am fairly sure that it is Blair, Oliver & Scott who are registered as non-trading at Companies House....

Reeeally? That's very interesting considering I had a standing order set up with them... Hmm... Wonder about the legalities of that? I know that Mercers, Barclaycard's in-house DCA are registered as non-trading

Don't bother with recorded delivery either - waste of your money.

Go to any post office and get a free certicate of postage - courts accept this as evidence the letter was received within 2 working days.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks Jonni! Means I can keep my pound safe in my pocket! I hadn't thought about that, actually...

Reeeally? That's very interesting considering I had a standing order set up with them... Hmm... Wonder about the legalities of that? I know that Mercers, Barclaycard's in-house DCA are registered as non-trading

I think the address held at Companies House, and the fact it says 'Non-Trading" is a reference to the fact they do not actually do business at that address, it is just where the Company was registered during it's formation i.e a plaque on the wall but not much else. That would explain why letters are returned.

You'll find "Non-Trading" attached to many Companies, particularly of this type, it seems to be common practice to separate the Admin from the actual business side of the company.

Not an expert but that's my theory. That's why you need to be very careful when you approach these Companies. All is not what it seems. Smoke and mirrors...... One branch closes, another mysteriously pops up, perhaps under a different name, but part of the same group........and it starts all over again.

I could be completely wrong, but.......

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Hi

Blair Oliver and Scott are listed as active at Companies House

Name & Registered Office:

BLAIR, OLIVER AND SCOTT LIMITED

8 NORTH BANK STREET

EDINBURGH

EH1 2LP

Company No. SC133457

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Status: Active

Date of Incorporation: 15/08/1991

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6713 - Auxiliary financial intermed

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2005 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/10/2007

Last Return Made Up To: 19/08/2006

Next Return Due: 16/09/2007

Last Members List: 19/08/2006

Previous Names: No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years. Branch Details There are no branches associated with this company. Oversea Company Info There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Its all a bit too complicated for me. Although it looks very fishy on the surface, I've no doubt they must have covered their bases on the legal side.

Things are never quite straightforward with anything DCA or related.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

There is one way they have not covered themselves quite right

On their registration with the ICO they are using the registered office address of the Bank of Scotland, some one might say oh thats because they work for the Bank of Scotland BUT being as they are inside the Banks registered office they have got access to every customer the BOS has and not just the ones the BOS have passed on to them ....now that is a bit scary dont you think???

sparkie1723

In their last filed accounts, Blair Oliver and Scott reported no profit/ no loss and had no trading activities during the financial year.

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Blair Oliver & Scott (BoS) are just Bank of Scotland (BoS) Retail Collections in another guise. They also chase Sainsbury's Bank debts because Bank of Scotland has a 45% stake in Sainsbury's Bank. Sure, a separate company called Blair Oliver & Scott exists on paper but in reality it does nothing.

Blair Oliver & Scott (BoS) are just Bank of Scotland (BoS) Retail Collections in another guise. They also chase Sainsbury's Bank debts because Bank of Scotland has a 45% stake in Sainsbury's Bank. Sure, a separate company called Blair Oliver & Scott exists on paper but in reality it does nothing.

If it is registered as a company, separate from Bank of scotland then it must comply with Companies Act. Just because it is 100% owned by another company, changes nothing.

Mean Ugly Gorillas Ltd can trade under the name Pink Fluffy Bunny Slippers if they want, but not Pink Fluffy Bunny Slippers LTD.. This LTD makes all the difference

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Well I sent these people a CCA request on thursday by recorded delivery!

and it looks like they've refused to sign for it and its getting returned to me! :mad:

here is my recorded delivery number if you wish to check it out on royal mails site dh603090514gb

They probably know now if they recieve a recorded delivery letter they know what it is and got wise to it so decided to not accept any!

I also sent a few others on the same day to different companies and some have been signed for and delivered and the others hav'nt yet but just telling me on royal mail site to come back later So It looks obvious to me that Blair Oliver and Scott have refused to accept it!

When I finally recieve it back I'll send it by normal post and see what happens, but I wont know one way or the other if They've recieved it or not!

anyone any suggestions?

Thanks all :)

Go In Person if You Can, or send a courier?

:o

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.