• Tweets

• Thank-you dx, What you have written is certainly helpful to my understanding. The only thing I would say, what I found to be most worrying and led me to start this discussion is, I believe the judge did not merely admonish the defendant in the case in question, but used that point to dismiss the case in the claimants favour. To me, and I don't have your experience or knowledge, that is somewhat troubling. Again, the caveat being that we don't know exactly what went on but I think we can infer the reason for the judgement. Thank-you for your feedback. EDIT: I guess that the case I refer to is only one case and it may never happen again and the strategy not to appeal is still the best strategy even in this event, but I really did find the outcome of that case, not only extremely annoying but also worrying. Let's hope other judges are not quite so narrow minded and don't get fixated on one particular issue as FTMDave alluded to.
    • Indians, traditionally known as avid savers, are now stashing away less money and borrowing more.View the full article
    • the claimant in their WS can refer to whatever previous CC judgements they like, as we do in our WS's, but CC judgements do not set a legal precedence. however, they do often refer to judgements like Bevis, those cases do created a precedence as they were court of appeal rulings. as for if the defendant, prior to the raising of a claim, dobbed themselves in as the driver in writing during any appeal to the PPC, i don't think we've seen one case whereby the claimant referred to such in their WS.. ?? but they certainly typically include said appeal letters in their exhibits. i certainly dont think it's a good idea to 'remind' them of such at the defence stage, even if the defendant did admit such in a written appeal. i would further go as far to say, that could be even more damaging to the whole case than a judge admonishing a defendant for not appealing to the PPC in the 1st place. it sort of blows the defendant out the water before the judge reads anything else. dx  
    • Hi LFI, Your knowledge in this area is greater than I could possibly hope to have and as such I appreciate your feedback. I'm not sure that I agree the reason why a barrister would say that, only to get new customers, I'm sure he must have had professional experience in this area that qualifies him to make that point. 🙂 In your point 1 you mention: 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver. I understand the point you are making but I was referring to when the keeper is also the driver and admits it later and only in this circumstance, but I understand what you are saying. I take on board the issues you raise in point 2. Is it possible that a PPC (claimant) could refer back to the case above as proof that the motorist should have appealed, like they refer back to other cases? Thanks once again for the feedback.
    • Well barristers would say that in the hope that motorists would go to them for advice -obviously paid advice.  The problem with appealing is at least twofold. 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver.  And in a lot of cases the last thing the keeper wants when they are also the driver is that the parking company knows that. It makes it so much easier for them as the majority  of Judges do not accept that the keeper and the driver are the same person for obvious reasons. Often they are not the same person especially when it is a family car where the husband, wife and children are all insured to drive the same car. On top of that  just about every person who has a valid insurance policy is able to drive another person's vehicle. So there are many possibilities and it should be up to the parking company to prove it to some extent.  Most parking company's do not accept appeals under virtually any circumstances. But insist that you carry on and appeal to their so called impartial jury who are often anything but impartial. By turning down that second appeal, many motorists pay up because they don't know enough about PoFA to argue with those decisions which brings us to the second problem. 2] the major parking companies are mostly unscrupulous, lying cheating scrotes. So when you appeal and your reasons look as if they would have merit in Court, they then go about  concocting a Witness Statement to debunk that challenge. We feel that by leaving what we think are the strongest arguments to our Member's Witness Statements, it leaves insufficient time to be thwarted with their lies etc. And when the motorists defence is good enough to win, it should win regardless of when it is first produced.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Orange email complaints address !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had NOTHING but problems with orange, usually do not have this many issues, I have emailed them today, wonder were it will get me.

Probably no where the same as over a year of calls and complaints have gotten me.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have u emailed the executive office ? I have had more problems again recently and unresolved. How its ever called customer services or customer relations i will never know. Think this time i will leave orange and take friends and family with me.

I have had NOTHING but problems with orange, usually do not have this many issues, I have emailed them today, wonder were it will get me.

Probably no where the same as over a year of calls and complaints have gotten me.

Have u emailed the executive office ? I have had more problems again recently and unresolved. How its ever called customer services or customer relations i will never know. Think this time i will leave orange and take friends and family with me.

I've not yet, I'll find an email address and do that. Thanks :)

Me too. I have been having increasing problems with Broadband speed ... accessing the internet and crashing over the last few days. This is the latest in scores of problems over the last couple of years. When you email, unless you start getting stroppy, they only send out the standard automated response telling you to ring the 'unhelpful' helpline. Although I can access the net I cannot get through to any of the Orange pages so I guess the fault is at there end. I range the helpline and the automated robot said "there is a high a number of calls this evening, there will be a lengthy wait - call back another day" What kind of service is this? Orange, in my opinion has the lowest customer service in the country. I have written twice with recorded delivery letters to the CEO and have been told that he does not receive or answer letters. This truly sums up an organisation that cares nothing about it's customers and we should all start taking our business away. I will be ... I inherited them from Freeserve which was fine and it has been problematic ever since Orange took it over. But they know that changing suppliers is never easy as you have to transfer all of your email addresses and stored files etc and then change all your stationery that uses the address. Orange sucks. They have got too big, too greedy and cannot give a damn,

I have written twice with recorded delivery letters to the CEO and have been told that he does not receive or answer letters. This truly sums up an organisation that cares nothing about it's customers and we should all start taking our business away. QUOTE]

Without wishing to disillusion you very few if any CEOs at multinational companies personally reads or reply to your letters, for the most part they don't care that your broadband isn't working, your car won't start, your washing machine won't work etc. Notwithstanding that point do you have any idea how many people will write to a CEO of a large company everyday?Many years ago I used to work in a complaints department for a large company. The CEO would be sent dozens of pieces of correspondence everyday from the trivial and mundane, to serial complainers, to people who had serious complaints. Even if the CEO wanted to answer your letter, which in that case they most certainly did not, they would not have the time in a day to so to do so. In the case of the CEO of Orange they are responsible for the day to day operation of a business worth billions of pounds with probably 10,000+ employees, do you honestly seriously think they should take time out of their day to personally deal with your broadband problem? When you write to large organisations, you normally receive a reply from someone in a directors office, basically a customer service rep that has been empowered to reply on behalf of senior members of staff, the chance of a senior member of staff replying to you personally or directly in most cases is slim to none.

• 2 months later...

Many thanks. Executive office worked for us. Initially we were told by them to go through Orange customer care again. but after mentioning all the favourable comments on here about the executive office, we had a phone call from a really nice guy who reimbursed the money we were owed & had argued with the other departments over for weeks. Excellent result. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...

As a company on a corporate account that spend over £550 per month sometimes alot more, we could not believe the service we have just recieved (or lack of).From the begining of October we were looking to upgrade early. We once had an account manager, since he left no one took our account on board. So having called about 7 times I kept getting told we're really sorry but we cant speak to you and we cant put you through to anyone and we cant even give you a number. We can email that dept for you and we can give you an email address so that you can email. I got so frustrated as I kept sending emails, the business desk kept sending emails, I kept calling. No response! I got 3 other email addresses as I was told I was given wrong emails.no response..I went to a store on Oxford St they were shocked and said no worries we can deal with business accounts here......I said .I bet you cant! I was right... because I was corporate they could not deal with it and they could not help or give me a number. They tried to call head office in front of me..I was given a huge apology and another email address.Anyway believe it or not it tok 6-8 weeks for me finally to get a call back..only by me screaming down the phone at someone.The saga went on and on and on and by the 23rd December I got upgrade phones. But you would not believe the amount of time it also took out of my days and the grief it took to get them phones to me. Otherwise I'd still be without upgrades right now.Also during the ordeal I requested an official complaints dept. Sorry there is none we deal with our own compliants was the response. Well wheres that going to get me! I complained so so much and quite rightfully.The day before the handsets arrived I got an email from an Orange staff member stating they were being sent out and that the handsets are now free of charge as they wanted £148 per handset. I took this as my apology as what I wanted to do is tell them where to stick the phones and contract.Anyway day before yesterday I am now told that the email stating the phones were free was a mistake and what I signed still applies.The saga continues...............Ive written to the email address from here and will let you know the outcome.

The day before the handsets arrived I got an email from an Orange staff member stating they were being sent out and that the handsets are now free of charge as they wanted £148 per handset. I took this as my apology as what I wanted to do is tell them where to stick the phones and contract.Anyway day before yesterday I am now told that the email stating the phones were free was a mistake and what I signed still applies.

They wrote to you so you have IN WRITING from them that they will not charge you...... If they insist that they are going to charge you, then in my opinon I (personally) would give them 2 options: 1 - Free Handsets or 2 - See you in court where you can show a print out of the email to the judge and he will instruct them that there is to be no charge........ Make sure you take legal advice before you do anything though, as this is just what I would do! To everyone else: If this is not legally correct feel free to correct me!

MAKE SURE YOU USE RECORDED DELIVERY for all letters you send.

Make sure you tell them that you are disputing the account and keep a copy of all receipts for letters that the post office give you and keep a copy of all letters - from you to them and also from them to you.

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. This is what I would do...... Make sure you get more advice before doing anything and check anything I say with someone more qualified in this area. This is only my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

You must be joking !

I have been dealing with Orange Executive office since May 2009, it is now Jan 2012, I am getting nowhere fast on an incorrect £2000+ incorrect bill, which also includes

yet another incorrect point, an over-charge of £450+, I am told by email that numerous people at several different Orange departments have repeatedly checked my account

they ALL missed this, plus the unit that the charges asre involved with was LOCKED, and Orange suggest that I used another SIM in it thus accrued the charges, this is IMPOSSIBLE.

They are cheats , liars and use innuendos.

Farigaig.

Hi,

I am with you, simular problem going back to 2009, I have been incorrectly billed for £2000 + for supposed roaming charges at dates when I was actually in UK and not using their unit (a ICON225 dongle)

32 months on it is not settled.

The "brilliant pleps" at the Orange Executive Office suggest I used a foreign SIM in their unit (I had phoned them that their SIM was faulty) -this is impossible as an ICON225 is locked

, I did not get it unlocked I bought a new foreign dongle + SIM costing £83.00 and that is what I used, never touched the ICON225 again.

An Orange EX office " lady" emailed me on Firday staating that numerous staff at different depts of Orange have checked my account and all their charges are correct, funny that ALL these persons

missed the fact that the unit was locked to Orange , --and-- there is also a double charge of £450+ within the incorrect bill !!!

When I responded to this she gave me the address of their Legal dept in Hatfield, so I have sent all my details there by Recorded Delivery.

A complete shower of people trained to use innuendos and fob off the public.

Farigaig

Hi,

I am with you, simular problem going back to 2009, I have been incorrectly billed for £2000 + for supposed roaming charges at dates when I was actually in UK and not using their unit (a ICON225 dongle)

The "brilliant pleps" at the Orange Executive Office suggest I used a foreign SIM in their unit (I had phoned them that their SIM was faulty) -this is impossible as an ICON225 is locked

, I did not get it unlocked I bought a new foreign dongle + SIM costing £83.00 and that is what I used, never touched the ICON225 again.

An Orange EX office " lady" emailed me on Firday staating that numerous staff at different depts of Orange have checked my account and all their charges are correct, funny that ALL these persons

missed the fact that the unit was locked to Orange , --and-- there is also a double charge of £450+ within the incorrect bill !!!

When I responded to this she gave me the address of their Legal dept in Hatfield, so I have sent all my details there by Recorded Delivery.

A complete shower of people trained to use innuendos and fob off the public.

You are wasting your time my friend they will fob you off.

I have a problem going back to 2009, I have been incorrectly billed for £2000 + for supposed roaming charges at dates when I was actually in UK and not using their unit (a ICON225 dongle)

An Orange EX office " lady" emailed me just last Friday stating that numerous staff at different depts of Orange have checked my account and all their charges are correct, funny that ALL these persons

A complete shower of inoculous people trained to use innuendos and fob off the public.

• 2 weeks later...

Orange has rock-bottom Customer Service. Below rock-bottom - it can only be compared with a broken underground sewer.

If you continually get this message from Orange:

'We're sorry, we're unable to continue processing your call.......' here are the ways to challenge their abusive system:

1. If you have previously received the above message when putting in your mobile number on their automated service:

When the automated voice asks for your phone number, put in random numbers.

DO NOT put in your own mobile number again if it has failed on previous calls.

This should circumvent their system and get you through to a call centre in India. Insist that your issue is resolved by them.

2. If this fails: go back on the automated call service and select SALES.

Orange Sales Department are quick to answer the phone - unlike Orange Existing Customers line.

The more Orange Customers who are unable to get through to Customer Services about their existing contract clog the Sales lines,

the more likely that Orange will have to provide Customer Services on the right lines.

3. Send an email to Orange for every single telephone call you make that fails; IE: if you try the line 75 times, send 75 emails.

Time and date each one. Copy and paste on their system to save time, but vary the content each time by a couple of words at the top.

(Ideally, the time and date).

They will have to action the emails or assign a reference number to each email.

This is your proof when you finally speak to them to pursue your complaint.

If they fail to help you, you have a record which you can send to Ofcom.

4. Make sure you are detail their failure when you eventually get a supervisor to deal with your problem. Let them know that everything has been recorded, timed, dated and logged. Voice record the telephone call if you can. If you do, your choice whether you inform them at the end of the call, or not. If you do they will know they have to honour any verbal commitments they have made to credit your account, which will save you time. If you don't you can use this to escalate your complaint on a wider scale.

6. If you feel they have breached their contract with you by their poor customer service, send the emails, times and dates to Ofcom.

7. If you have lost a substantial amount of money /time because of their negligence, ask for recompense. Insist this covers any lost time or money.

8. Orange tell you that you can never end a mobile contract with them. It is easier to get a divorce e in the UK than end a mobile phone contract - which is something that we need to campaign against. Unless Orange Customer Service step up and wipe the **** off their shoes, I urge you to pursue your complaint fully until it is resolved to your satisfaction.

Points 1 and 3 may need amending a little

1 Don't put in any number into the menu system. MOST systems are designed to automatically put you through to a person if you don't enter any numbers because some older phones don't play a tone for the system to understand you navigating their menu, and they just put you through to someone in customer services as default action. (try it, call customer services and don't enter anything... it will repeat the message to "press 1 for xxx" 2 or 3 times then it should put you through to customer services.

3 Ofcom do not handle customer complaints. After 8 weeks if a complaint is ongoing, or after receiving a DEADLOCK letter you can escalate your complaint to their "alternative dispute resolution" (CISAS in the case of Orange). If people do this it actually costs Orange for the complaint to be looked at, and maybe when it's costing them cash, they'll improve their CS.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

3. Send an email to Orange for every single telephone call you make that fails; IE: if you try the line 75 times, send 75 emails.

Time and date each one. Copy and paste on their system to save time, but vary the content each time by a couple of words at the top.

(Ideally, the time and date).

They will have to action the emails or assign a reference number to each email.

This is your proof when you finally speak to them to pursue your complaint.

If they fail to help you, you have a record which you can send to Ofcom.

8. Orange tell you that you can never end a mobile contract with them. It is easier to get a divorce e in the UK than end a mobile phone contract - which is something that we need to campaign against. Unless Orange Customer Service step up and wipe the **** off their shoes, I urge you to pursue your complaint fully until it is resolved to your satisfaction.

If you really want the person who ends up dealing with your complaint to consider that you are some sort of irrational loon who has lost the plot and all sense or perspective I'd recommend that you go with step three.

Sure keep a record of your calls and even a note of what they were about, who they were with and what was discussed if its a serious dispute, if you've got the ability to record calls and want to do this that's fine as well but emailing them 75 times would be entirely counter productive, if the person who ends up dealing with the matter thinks your a nutjob your not very likely to get the outcome you want.

Ofcom regulate the industry, however, they don't care about individual complaints and they will not take any action in relation to them. So send anything you like to them, but all you will receive in reply is a letter stating that they have recorded that you are complaining about a particular matter (they keep records about complaint trends) but they aren't going to do anything and you should follow the networks complaint procedure, they will also advise you of the existence of the Alternative Dispute Resolution schemes, Otelo and CISAS.

In relation to step six, this will just assure that Ofcom consider that you are deranged as well.

In relation to step 8, if your at the end of the contract you can usually cancel it with notice by telephoning or writing to the network, its not tricky. I assume your involved in a dispute, just because you consider that a mobile phone network are in breach of contract or that they should cancel the contract, doesn't mean your right or that the network will agree.

Follow there complaints procedure which should be in their code of practice which will be on their website somewhere, if you can't resolve the dispute it may be eligible for arbitration via CISAS or Otelo where an independent adjudicator will consider your dispute, failing that go to court.

PS. If you turn up at arbitration or court with a stack of documents, containing an email for every call you've made its likely that the arbitrator or judge will take one look at your bundle and consider you to be a vexatious litigant in person, and they are less likely to be sympathetic towards you. There are these things called telephone bills which prove the number of times you've called someone, and they don't require you to email an organisation dozens of times or come across as some sort of wacko.

PPS. You missed step 5.

Thanks for your amendments and advice, Locutus. Yesterday, the Orange system didn't automatically redirect me to a CS Rep, which is why I tried the random numbers, which got me through to CS in India. Good information about CISAS. I've resolved my problem now but that's very helpful.

Thanks also for your fascinating and colourful rendition Human Writes. Hmmm -' irrational loon, nut job, deranged, wacko' - .....(?!!!) Do you get out much? I'm happy to inform you that my approach worked for me and I have now agreed appropriate compensation. However, I do understand that there may be others who prefer to take things much, much more slowly. There's nothing wrong with waiting for months and months if that suits you. On that note, I'll leave point 5 for you to advise: Sensible, slow, softly softly, some years later.....ZZzzz zzzzzzz. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I have read this thread with interest, as I am currently in battle with Orange Mobile customer services; a situation which has been going on for the last 5 months. Despite many emails, a written letter, and countless phone calls, today was the first time I received a helpful response, from a straight-forward, honest guy called Dennis at the accounts dept call centre.

To others in the same boat - don't give up on your claim, and don't be fobbed off. Be polite at all times, but firm, and make a note of all dates for emails/phone calls sent & received. I experienced many 'tactics' - staff hanging up on me, not returning my calls, automated responses to emails, 'we are busy' automated responses to emails, no acknowledgement of my written letter, numerous staff members promising to help with the situation but failing to do so etc!

In the end, Dennis told me that there is a very simple authorised response to deal with my situation, and my questions should have been answered in my first phone call. My refund is expected in mid March, and if this occurs, I will post more about this situation then.

Appalling customer service is not something which encourages me to stay with a company, and I have since cancelled my account. Something which could have been avoided, had I been able to speak to Dennis on my first contact.

Hi, i've read a few pages of the posts in the forum and attempted to email "jonathan" and Orange but i'm told by my Email provider that the web adress doesn't exist.

I brought a Blackberry in August and heard about Orange P&G deals, i thought this was brilliant until recently i topped my phone up between feb 16th - 20th (cant remember the exact date) on the 24th i recieved my usual texts saying my internet and texts where restored for another month and to top up again before 24th march. on the 25th i received another text telling me my magic numbers was active for a month

having just come out of hospital after a operation where im told im to be needing bed rest for a while, i wake up this morning to find my services arn't working yet still my phone was showing GPRS meaning it was online, and turns to GSM when i have no services..

i spoke to One Organ Grunder and Three Monkeys and to tell you the truth they was just about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike, all Four people was Rude and disrespectful (inc a "Manager"), Two of Whom Hung up on me, one put me through to some one else the so called manager who tryed to make out like i'm stealing the service.,

I was told by the first advisor that i had to call up to reactivate my services where i know it's a Computer that does it "Automatically", when i tackled him that the computer does it automatically and i reiceved text messages from 24th Feb telling me my internet and texts have been restored to top up before 24th March ect, he became rude and hung up on me.

the second advisor i asked to speak to her supervisor straight away but she was very reluctant to put me through so i explained the situation and before i'd finished what i was telling her she put me through to her "manager" who told me that i missed my anniversairy date and i had to top up my phone again to regain my services, and the texts i had was from January, i argued with him that they wasn't and i had topped my phone up when it was due and i only recieve them texts when my services have rolled over, he told me that it wasn't his problem im to top my phone up and then they'll be reactivated, i told him at 25p a call for a error that not my problem is unfair as well as aking me to add MORE credit to my phone, i explained it wasn't possible for me to do that as i've come out of hospital after having a operation, and becuase of this fact i made sure there was credit on my phone prior to this as it's the best way for communication between my partner and family who are at work and phone calls arn't always possible.

he told me to top my phone and call back, they wasn't goin to re-activte and then tried to blame it becuase i've added orange magic numbers it stopped my blackberry services (Yet isn't magic numbers free?) i told him that i would like a PAC code as i'm leaving orange due to the incompitence of staff and their manners including himself. he rambled on half of which i understood, what i did he made out like i was trying to steal the service and he wasn't going to give me a good will gesture and reactivate, not that i asked him too i asked him to explain numerous times why i had no services when credit was there and how could activating magic numbers cause blackberry services to stop? he just ended the call

yet my problems still wasn't solved i still needed my blackberry services and BBM was my life line for friends and family, i had to Call my nephew at school i asked him to get me the credit from the shop on his school break,

i recieved my credit and called orange and told them the problem before topping up, he stated that my anniversairy date was the 2nd of march becuase febuary was a short month.... i still don't know how my anniversairy date had changed when i had texts stating 24th-24th, being worn out and in pain i gave the advisor my voucher number and he reactivated my services two hours later two seperate emails confirming my email addresses are now active ( even though they should have been anyway).

having been ripped off £15 for a £5 service plus 25p for speaking to rude call centers abroad who can't understand english it's annoying as well as frustrating being dosed up on Morphine and your being lead in circles by useless waste of spaces...

Now i'm concemplating on a new network who arn't rude to customers and have a higher IQ score than a gold fish

Orange should text people if they miss their renewal date, with a free text number for customers to re activate their service instead of the stupid 25p calls, incompitent and disrespectful staff members who can barely understand english when it's needed for english speaking customers........

I made a payment via orange's website to top up my phone... The payment although successfull was not credited and I am still left with no credit... I contacted customer services only to be told the same story over and over and promised call backs which never came, so I contacted the executive office with the email given... They also basically ignored my complaints and I am still left with no credit.

I have put up a site about my story so If you have also had problems like this please contact me and I will link you to it and add your complaints.

dyanburrell

• 1 month later...

The most unprofessional and diabolical customer service imaginable. I may as well be speaking with aliens who have not got a clue!

My complaint was repeated on a number of occasions as they never log anything. They dont call you when they say they will. I am thinking about going to watchdog regarding their lack of professionalism and i dont give damn attitude!

I am blue in the face with repeating my complaint and feel that it is a ploy to not appease me at all. I pay excessive (£900 plus ) line rental so you would expect a certain quality of service or a standard which you would expect a service provider to provide. They are the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will later upload my complaint sent to them

Edited by r12wan

The most unprofessional and diabolical...

... post I've seen in a while.

If you want to rant and rave, write to your local MP. If you want some help on CAG, please give the details and avoid the drama ?

I am blue in the face with repeating my complaint...

Except here. Nobody has any idea what your issue is at this stage ?

I have this, and several other topics, flagged to let me know when new messages are added. Its a bit like ringing the doorbell to let me know that someone wants my attention - you got it, but have lost it again.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,Just thought I'd add a recent experience of my own which might help others! My orange contract was finishing towards the end of December and I was due an upgrade, but as I hadn't decided on a new phone and was still pretty happy with my old one, I asked if I could just continue as I was for a wee while longer until I made up my mind. The lady I spoke to confirmed this would be fine, but I double checked with her that my bill and all the packages on it would remain the same and she confirmed that it would.Over the next three months I noticed that my bill was £15 higher than normal, and I did mean to chase it sooner but I bought my first house in January and had a million and one things to deal with. When I did eventually call, I got through to the foreign call centre (nothing against them, but it can be frustrating trying to make yourself understood) who told me I'd lost my loyalty bonus... I asked to speak to a manager, and was eventually put through to 'Kelly' back in the UK. 'Kelly' confirmed that as I was no longer in contract I'd lost my loyalty bonus and so was being charged £15 extra. I told her this seemed strange to me (how can I be less loyal for staying with them??), and furthermore that the person I'd spoken to back in December had confirmed that my bills would stay the same. 'Kelly' was incredibly rude, told me that I should have read the small print in my contract - I said that I did read it, but that was over 18 months ago and the finer details escaped me - which is why I spoke to her company about it and got it confirmed I wouldn't be charged more! She said she couldn't speak for anyone else in her company and it was all my own fault for not reading things properly. Told her I wanted to make a complaint, and was told that she wouldn't take it over the phone, and that I'd have to write in, but she didn't have the address. Asked for her full name for my records, and funnily enough she wouldn't give it.I then wrote to orange advising them I was cancelling with immediate effect, and telling them that as they'd been overcharging me for the past three months I wouldn't be paying my final bill of £45 to make up for it. Got a letter back saying my contract had been cancelled and demanding a final payment of £89. Following advice from this site, I emailed the executive office who were useless (sample: Your request to escalate your complaint is acknowledged however, as the issue has not been escalated correctly via Orange customer service we are unable to assist. ) so I emailed another address (I'm not allowed to post it as I'm too new here) got a call today from the lovely James Lewthwaite.I'll post the email he sent me confirming our conversation in case it helps anyone else.Dear Miss Hughes,Further to our conversation today, I write to confirm the following. May I apologise again for the service you have recently received when dealingwith Orange. As discussed, I have fed your experience back to the BusinessImprovement Team to help prevent similar issues in future. As agreed, I have applied a credit to your account to remove the finalbalance of £89.28, including VAT. Your account balance is now zero and thereis nothing left to pay towards this account. I trust the above is satisfactory. Yours sincerely James LewthwaiteI've got the phone number for James's team if anyone needs it - he was so helpful and lovely I really can't praise him highly enough - if the whole company was like that I would still be a customer!Thanks(also - sorry for the super-long post)

Hi wonder if u can help by giving me the number for the guy at orange , I'm being overcharged and my mins is under what I took on when got contract

Thanks

Annie

Hi Tisso

My experience was very similar to yours - promises of call backs, having phone put down on me, (I even got through to someone who refused to put me through to the chap whose name and station id I'd got on the previous call and said to me that he was going to count to 5 then put the phone down which he promptly did as I just sat there in stunned silence not believing what I was hearing!!!), and this was all for the fact that they'd debited me £20 but put only put £10 credit on the phone - incredible!!!

Anyway, if anyone can help you it's Jonathan (aka. God;)), so hope you hear from him soon.

Good luck!

Gill x

Gill could you send me Jonathan's number plz I'm getting nowhere here with orange X