Orange email complaints address !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the email. Hoping it will help.

My issue is that I cancelled my phone and home broadband and wife's phone (broadband was in her name too). I'm a named person on her account, in Jan 2011. Orange cancelled all the accounts except my wife's phone. The decided to keep billing us until June 2011. We knew nothing of this as we cancelled accounts because we emigrated to Japan. Got a letter sent to Japan from a previous address from a solicitors claiming £68 from Orange. We were fully paid up and all was cancelled and clear when we left the UK. Have no idea why they continued to bill us after we had cancelled the account. Last night, had to make 5 seperate calls to Orange because they kept dropping my call! Not joking they dropped it 3 times. With the time difference and a young baby, just want to email them and sort this ridiculous problem out. I've emailed the executive email now and I'm just waiting for a response. Thanks for your help so far, will keep you posted.

angryatorange

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see that many issues here are simply user error or not reading terms properly. The fact that Orange have set up this supposed executive office e-mail address suggests that they already know full well that their customer service is poor compared to other providers. However, are us gullible customers expected to ACTUALLY believe that these messages ever get read by ANY of the Orange executive?

What complete and utter rubbish! Just because an e-mail address purports to be a certain thing, doesn't mean that it actually is. Do people really think that by sending a message to the quoted address this will get things moving? Suckers!

The only thing that will get the attention of the executive office is if all customers do what many people suggest and vote with their feet. It's like changing banks!

Many people threaten that if things don't go their way, then they will leave the network but how many of us actually carry that threat through? How would Orange cope if everyone who had a gripe simply left their network? Well, looking at the complaints on here, I'd say they wouldn't be affected too bad really. Millions of subscribers but only a handful of complaints?

I agree that there should be closer regulation but I suggest that the regulators be given more powers to intervene in individual cases and not just the ability to impose company-wide fines based on a preset number of similar valid complaints being reached automatically.

Anyone who falls for the mistaken belief that ANYBODY in the executive office at Orange has any time whatsoever for dealing with these issues should have the right to own a mobile phone legally removed from them by a court of law.

Notice that when they are unable or unwilling to deal with complex or legal issues that they either reject your complaint or advise writing to the legal department. They have no ultimate power at all!

When a company advises writing to the legal department it usually means that they are willing to fight the case in court and believe that they have a more than reasonable prospect of winning. However, there's always the chance that they could simply be calling your bluff and could even be doing this in legal terms!

My best advice after many years of dealing with Orange and other mobile service providers both by phone and in writing is to learn the strings to their bow and play them like a fiddle. Calling their customer services can have mixed results - granted. Writing to their customer services seems to be slightly more productive. E-mailing their self-styled executive office with a rant will likely give you a coronary, some Rich-Tea and maybe sympathy but it's still no guarantee that your issue will be resolved to your satisfaction. You simply have to work the systems.

The most effective way to complain is to vote with your feet, as I have done many times over my 18 years as a CELLNET/VODAFONE/Mercury/T-Mobile/Orange/THREE/Orange/EE customer.

I had my first mobile contract in 1995 and they were ripping customers off then. £4.99 to buy the handset was a small price to pay, I thought at the time. £45 a month later just to have a phone with no text or call allowances and the shine on the deal had already faded! 3 months later I had my phone stolen in a household burglary, only to be told that a mandatory replacement would cost £457. The insurer's refused to pay such an amount and the network insisted on holding me to the contract. The result was that I was £450 out of pocket, despite having insurance and STILL tied into a contract.

They're still trying their best now, confusing us with swapables, extras and add-on's. These are all designed to confuse us that much so that we lose track of where we are and the inevitable result is that we get charged or lose benefits we were convinced were cast in solid-gold. The only positive and definitive way out of all of this is to stop using a mobile altogether!

Either way, please don't rely on an executive office e-mail address that's more likely some Portakabin on an industrial estate somewhere near Head Office in Darlington that belongs to a company that, coincidentally Orange also outsources other services to. Homework has been done on this one ;-)

Edited by ch114275
Typo

ch114275, I work for the UKs biggest electrical retailer, and I can guarantee that the executive office here do handle complaints. The CEO does get the number of complaints that his department has handled, and feeds that down the chain so the whole group knows how many complaints have been handled by his department and some by himself directly.

I know the main company that Orange outsource work to, and I know people that work there. I used to work for the same company, and I know many managers there, so I have it on good authority that complaints handled by the CEOs department are no-go areas for them as it is a more senior department. It will not be Olaf Swantee himself that deals with this, but it will be someone very capable!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Here's the dreadful response I received and my reply - very unsatisfying, but at least I didn't need to call their switchboard again.

Dear Marie

I just want to inform you that we have paid our "debt" to arrow. I also wanted to inform you that after our long and loyal patronage of orange, I am thoroughly disgusted with the service. Not only did your email simply restate the dreadful beurocracy that I was complaining about, but also you did not apologise or excuse the dreadful and unhelpful service I received when calling your switchboard to find out why we had received this mystery bill.

Quite frankly, I think this is something even Ryan Air would be ashamed of. I've posted my story on a forum and on Facebook and on Twitter. I am utterly disgusted that you billed my wife despite the fact that WE CALLED AND STATED ON RECORD OUR WISH TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT. The clause about the SIM is utterly pathetic, we only downgraded to PAYG since we thought we might use Orange when coming back to the UK. Needless to say, we will not be using your services again. I am relevied that I will never need to call your ineffectual switchboard again either.

Thank you very much for your sincere lack of appreciation for our custom.

XXXXXX.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 03 July 2013 20:45

To: XXXXX

Subject: FW: Orange Complaint

Case Reference: XXXXX

Account Number: XXXXX

Please respond to

Dear Mr XXXXX,

I have reviewed the account and confirm that on 29 December 2010 a call was received and a request was made to transfer the number to Pay As You Go (PAYG). The terms and conditions were explained and the caller was advised that in order to complete the transfer the PAYG SIM card would need to be activated, otherwise the pay monthly account would not close. A SIM card was sent to the account address on 6 January 2013 and it is the account holders responsibility to activate this to complete the pay monthly disconnection.

As the PAYG SIM card was not activated the pay monthly account remained active and your wife was billed accordingly. Therefore, the balance held with Arrow is correct. I would advise you contact Arrow and make the payment to settle the account with them.

I am sorry if this is not the response you had expected, however I trust I have clarified our position to you.

Yours sincerely

angryatorange, have you checked your wife's credit file? Do you plan on returning to the UK?

If Orange have shot your wife's credit file due to non-payment, and if you plan on returning here within the next 6 years, it could be a pain for you.

I would reply asking if that is their final response and can you escalate your complaint further.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar