Orange email complaints address !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you've had a bad time of it which I sympathise with.

I purchased a Samsung B3410 from Phones 4 U, last Saturday, 5th June 2010.

However, as you didn't buy the phone from Orange I'm not sure why you telephoned them after you discovered it was faulty, or why you expected them to replace the phone?

As you didn't buy the phone from Orange they aren't obliged to replace it, the only person who has a duty to you in relation to the faulty phone is the seller, Phones 4 U, you should contact them to get a replacement because I doubt Orange will replace a phone for you which you didn't buy from them in the first place.

and the phone has now been sorted no probs by phones 4 U.

(Incidently when they rang orange for a fault code..... you've guessed it..... problems........ they have the phone listed as a contact phone rather than a PAYG...

Absolute MUPPETS

so to be told im not a valued customer and to have thephone put down on me is warrented???

strange that!

and the phone has now been sorted no probs by phones 4 U.

(Incidently when they rang orange for a fault code..... you've guessed it..... problems........ they have the phone listed as a contact phone rather than a PAYG...

Absolute MUPPETS

Bad CS you should complain about, absolutely.

The handset (if I read your posts right) is unbranded from phones4U, so is that also unlocked? If you're not sure, try to get a SIM from one of the other networks (most of them offer free / really cheap PAYG sims online) and hit them where it hurts the most (in their wallets) by moving networks. If you have a number you don't want to lose, get your PAC and port it across.

EDIT: if you are going to complain, here is Oranges guidelines http://www1.orange.co.uk/documents/regulatory_affairs/orange_code_of_practice_for_consumer_affairs.pdf

Edited by locutus
added edit

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

First of all, P4u are notorious for selling phones and using codes that identify the sale as a contract (rather than pre-pay). Perhaps this is the basis for another thread of how to fiddle connection discounts.

However, you're going to be very disappointed in life if you think your interactions with a commercial organisation somehow makes you 'valued'. In these days? This smacks of arrogance in the extreme, and a failure to grasp that these days, we are simply required to let them plunder our bank accounts when and when they want, and if they do not get what they want, they'll tell everyonr who will listen (CRAs) so that your reputation can be wrecked at the drop of a hat.

Putting 'the phone down' - but in reality - hitting a button on a VDU has the upside of saving you money, indeed the preson you speak to is probably not even employed by the network, but some outfit that offers to do the job at cut rate.

Vote with your wallet - go to where you DO feel you are treated with respect.

• 2 weeks later...

Pls help, I've had a number of problems with customer services sending me around the houses to try and get my problems solved. "wait 24hrs" "wait 48hrs" "you'll have to wait until monday as the particular office isnt open over the weekend" "we can help you" "we cant help you" Lies Lies Lies (???) Lack of communication (???) the extent of the problem has resulted now with a different make/model phone that works (where as the other 4 didnt!) but it doesnt have a back! they must be able to get me a back somehow surely?. I have tried the orange shop (although I brought it online with orange) and the chap said they should be able to help me, however they seem reluctant to do so. Grrrr! I e-mailed the executive address posted on here on tuesday but still have had no reply. I sent a 5 page account of what has happened but I put it as an attachment as I thought they wouldnt want to trawl through it all if they didnt need to know all the details. Is there anything else I should have done? Am I just being impatient, after two months I should be used to waiting suppose. sigh. I really appreciate all the help from this site. Many thanks

Emma

Send a PErsonal Message (PM) to Jonathan at 'Orange Response', with a link to your query, he might be able to assist you.

Many Thanks, I have e-mailed Jonathan and I shall report back with any result that may come (I really hope there wil be one). I hate complaining but I also dont like to be put down by the big men. sigh fingers crossed eh and thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Orange Response

Hello lilemms,

I'm concerned that I don't seem to have received your query (going by the details list in your post of 24 June). Is it possible to resend to [email protected]? Please make sure that you add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line of the mail (and perhaps the subject line too?) to make sure it is picked up and forwarded to me?

You are certainly not being impatient.

Jonathan

Orange Response Team

I too have just emailed 'Jonathon' in a desperate bid to get my issues with Orange resolved. Last September i extended my Contract for another 18 months, however, my husband is in the Armed Forces and I knew we would be moving. I spoke to customer services as Orange (as well as the Orange Shop) both assured me that i would have good 2G coverage at the postcode I was moving to. I moved 10 days ago and am frustrated to find I get absolutely no signal at all - not even 1 bar. I have spent hours and hours on the phone to Orange this week (having had to drive a mile down the road and sit in my car to do so) and i'm going round in circles. If you are unlucky enough to be answered in New Delhi you may as well ring back - they are often abrupt and don't know what they are talking about. I have even been told its my own fault for moving!! I eventually thought i had resolved things on Saturday, i was assured i would get a callback from a team leader within 24 hours to cancel the contract out of goodwill. I don't know why i was surprised that i never got the call - i had no other promised calbacks last week. I'm hoping Jonathon can reinstall my faith in Orange - its in tatters at the moment!

Oh my gosh.... Every word they say is true. Jonathan is a Legend! Orange are very lucky to have this man upholding their currently blurry name. Well done that man! I hope to receive a back cover for my phone within the next few days.... Stress over, job done. Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

I must admit, i thought all the comments above were too good to be true. However, Jonathon has sorted everything out for me to my entire satisfaction within 24 hrs of receiving my email! His efforts will ensure I return to Orange at some point in the future. Thanks Jonathon!

Well i emailed the executive complaints email address a few days ago after hours on the phone and days waiting for orange to help me with my complaint. I seem to mysteriously get cut off when they run out of answers or dont know what to do + they promise call back for complaint and then dont call at all.

I had no choice but to email executive complaints as gone on for so long and no progress - i got a response simply saying call orange from my phone or email cust services ...i explained that i had doen all this and now it was so bad and so little progress i have escalated to them.

They replied again saying no help on offer, call orange - never have i had a company treat me so poorly and never experienced one that bats back a complaint thats gone to exec complaints team - all other firms take it on and fix or call you to sort as they realise the issue is that bad or gone on that long that the customer must be at last resort to email exec team. Why is orange being so obstructive and useless.

Emailed cust serv email again and asked for this "Jonathan" orange response person in email + PM'd him. Orange are joint first with Sky TV for poor customer relations - and thats not a good place to be as SKY were also so so bad...

I am so fed up of this now!:mad:

All telecom suppliers have to adhere to a "Code of practice" in which it outlines how to complain then how to escalate it to an independant adjudicator. Here is the Orange Code of Practice :-

http://www1.orange.co.uk/documents/regulatory_affairs/orange_code_of_practice_for_consumer_affairs.pdf

This is the relevent section to complaining

how to complain

If you want to make a complaint, firstly you should call Customer Services and speak to us to

discuss any problems you may have. In most cases your query will be answered immediately.

If you have a difficulty that is not resolved to your satisfaction, please ask to discuss it with

one of our Customer Services Managers.

If you pay monthly, please call 150 from an Orange phone (or 07973 100150 from any other

phone). If you pay as you go, please call 451 (or 07973 100451 from any other phone).

adjudication

Orange is committed to resolving any difficulty quickly and amicably. However, if we can’t

reach an agreement, there is a special independent adjudication scheme that Orange (in

conjunction with other leading communications providers) has arranged with the Chartered

Institute of Arbitrators. This gives you a fast, free and impartial resolution to any dispute that

does not involve a complicated issue of law or a sum of money of more than £5,000.

We are obliged to comply with any decision that the independent adjudicator makes.

However, if you’re still not satisfied with the outcome, you can refer your case to the Courts.

You can get a guide to Orange’s dispute resolution procedures online at

www.arbitrators.org/cisas. Alternatively, you can get a copy of this guide by calling Orange

Customer Services. You can also obtain this guide in Braille or large print if you would like it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi All,

I'm currently experiencing problems with my Orange mobile phone.

For the past approximately three weeks I have been unable to make telephone calls due to there being a lack of signal (My phone shows that I have full signal yet when I call people they cannot hear me).

I have spoken with Premier Services on a couple of occasions regarding what is causing the signal faults to be told that a number of their telephone masts are currently not working. This number was two and has now jumped to four.

I am very unhappy in the fact that I pay my line rental (which compared to some is alot) and I do not get the service that I actually pay for.

I was told by the people in the Orange shop to update my phones software as this will give the "phone a new lease of life" it has infact made it worse.

For periods of the day my phone will state Emergency Calls Only! This goes on for ten minute spells unless I turn my handset on & off.

Today I have emailed Johnathan at the email address provided above but i'm yet to receive a reply.

I have been with Orange for the past 3years + and they have always provided good service till now.

I'm not happy at all!

Phil

You might be affected by the ongoing engineering work to reconfigure both Orange and T-Mobile's networks. The phone firmware issue is, as you correctly surmised irrelevant to your problem, but nevertheless it's usually best to have it updated anyway.

If your localised service is impacted (but it works elsewhere) then this does point to a localised fault, but you need to advise them of the difficulty, when it started etc so that any credit for your loss of ongoing service can be correctly calculated. Goodwill gestures are usually made if the problem is of their own making. ECO usually means the Base Station is offline, and there is no coverage available. Mighyt be an idea to get CS to update you on what is happening in your local area so you can be brought up to speed.

Do remember, wireless networks can never be guaranteed, as masts have to be moved and relocated.

Thanks for the reply Buzby.

I telephoned on approximately the 5th of July to be told that there was two masts currently down and then I phoned again this morning to be told that there is now four masts that have gone down.

Surely this is through no fault of my own?

I'm paying for a service that isn't being provided?

Thanks,

Phil

Many masts are inter-dependent, like a chain. One can go down, and whilst the others along the chain may be fine, they've lost their backhaul to the Network Management Centre and as such they might as well not be there.

Because the network are aware of it, and the fact you have complained will mark your file that you are not recieving the service you've previously enjoyed, and as such they'll usually arrange for an ongoing credit to reflect the down time.

What you do need to remember is that the network is still there, providing the ability to make and receive calls, but just not at your home. Since they do not guarantee this (it is called a 'service level guarantee') you have no right of cancellation or redress, as you'll discover they don't HAVE to provide 100% coverage, and are not required to. With large or exteneded outages, it costs them much grief (and loss of profits), so there should always be an EBIS (Estimated Back In Service) timeframe given if you ask for it.

As the time out of service increases, so too will your ex gracia payment for inconvenience, but if you lose the place with them they'll not even do this, so it pays to keep cool. They've not done it to spite you!

Well what a morning I have had with Orange! I bought two Iphone 4's in July 2010 and have had problems with coverage and reception on both phones since that time. Prior to this I had 2 Iphone 3G's with O2 and everything was fine and the customer services was excellent. I have contacted Orange several times with regard to this and have had very poor customer relations from them and have now found out that our coverage is effected by the lay of the land as we live in a very hilly area. Despite this we have persisted with the phones as we like them. Today however I contacted Orange as I wanted to set up roaming on our phones and was subsequently told I would have to pay a retention fee [£150]as we were new customers and needed to have paid Orange 3 months or more before to ensure our credit status! I could not believe this as I have had mobiles for years and this has never been an issue. The jobs my husband I have require us to been oncall and avaliable so this was a great concern. I was told that I would need to put this in writing and they could not provide me with an email address! However I manged to find this website and the thread re the orange email complaints address and I did use 'Jonathon Orange Response' in the line. After not hearing from Orange by the 3pm deadline I gave them I decided to pay the retention fee as I am out of the country tomorrow however I was subsequently informed that it could be set up straight away for no fee!! I am very pleased with this response from Orange and although I do not know if 'Jonathon' was involved in this process as I have not received an email from Orange I would like to say thank you and encourage others to use this thread!!