HELP! After Mcol: HSBC Offered Charges But Not Court Fee or 8% apr

stimpycp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After doing MCOL I've received a letter with a few days left to the deadline: Offering the full amount of charges, but NOT including the £80 court fee or 8% apr of around £90, AND it doesn't even reference the court action.

WHAT DO I DO NEXT?

Do I ring them and ask them where's the rest, or write,

or just do the court thing in a few days (not sure how that works)?

Hi, im a bit new to all this but i think this may be a belated offer from hsbc, but im sure now you are/will be dealing with DG so dont accept the offer just wait for the offer from DG.

Of course i could be wrong so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in :D

• Preliminary letter sent 15/01/2007 received 16/01/2007 :cool:
  • LBA sent 29/01/2007 received 30/01/2007 8-)
  • Mcol filed on 12/02/2007 8-) acknowledged 14/02/2007

Again im talking as a newbie :p BUT im pretty sure Q1 = yes and Q2 = ignore

again i could be wrong (its been known occasionally ;):D) so hopefully someone with more experience might chime in to correct me if i am....

Clint

• Preliminary letter sent 15/01/2007 received 16/01/2007 :cool:
  • LBA sent 29/01/2007 received 30/01/2007 8-)
  • Mcol filed on 12/02/2007 8-) acknowledged 14/02/2007

if you write the rejection letter just stick in a sentence saying like:

as i have not had a positive response from you regarding my previous letters, i have now filed a claim in the courts. claim no.xxxxx, datedx/xx/xx and it will now require XXXX.XX to halt this process (include charges +interest + court fee = total).

any dealings will now come from dg - have you had an acknowledgment yet? - don't know when you filed - but when you get the ackn. send 3 copies of your breakdown to the courts, referencing your claim no. and then 1 copy to dg - address on pg 2 of the ackn. also referencing your claim. your first paperwork from the court will be the notice of issue - that gives the date they notified the bank of your claim, from that date - dg has 14 days to acknow. and if they do, they have a further 14 days to defend. get back if you have questions. that's what we are here for.

Thank you Lateralus.

My claim was issued on 2nd January. I've had several Notice's of Issue from the courts, with copies of what they sent to HSBC. It said 'The defendant has until 21st January to reply'.

It's 24 January today and I've not had anything from HSBC or DG- Nothing at all relating to my claim.

That's the thing I'm having difficulty understanding; I thought they HAD to acknowledge a court claim...and enough with all this letter writing.

Just spoke to HSBC. I'm trying to find out if they have the Notice of Issue.

Customer services didn't have a clue; They also said I'd "probably have to reclaim online as I'd put the service Quality Team address on it" (who've been dealing with this); The girl said there is no contact telephone number for the Service Quality Team for me to ask them about it. Rang again and another guy gave me it! It's 08456 028 006, by the way. They don't know either, as the solicitors (DG?) get everything.

In the words of Stewie Griffin: ALL I WANT IS TO KNOW HAVE THEY BLOODY GOT IT!

The HALIFAX had paid up by now!

take a step back and look again - you should have received first a notice of issue (look to see what date the courts issued to claim to hsbc), then you should have received a notice of acknowledgment(looks similar to the issue) - on page 2 dg solicitors will have ticked the box, intend to defend. to this you reply by sending your breakdown and your court reference number to dg. your dates don't quite match up - look again for us and see when it was issued, and if you have a notice of acknowledgment then we'll tell you how to proceed. i'm thinking you may have also received a notice of defense (with some other paperwork) - but check and see what you have exactly. could be important to get back to us soon - depends on what they've sent.

don't ring the bank again - it all goes through dg now. get those details above and get back - i'm waiting to see what it says.

Lateralus, Thanks for standing by.

Now you mention it, I haven't actually received a Notice of Acknowledgement; having dealt with another bank I know what it looks like.

I HAVE however, received about 3 copies of the Notice of Issue. I don't know whether that's a glitch. I don't recall 3 copies last time.

Will I need to call someone at Northampton?

i think that might be an idea - i thought you were just glancing at them and assumed they were all issues - that's truly weird - three the same - yes, i'd check by phone tomorrow to see what's up. see if they've acknowledged,

from mcol website:

There is a Help Desk at Northampton for MCOL customers. Staff will be able to answer questions you may have about this service. The help desk details are:

Telephone: 0845 6015935

further thought - what exactly does the status read on the mcol site for your claim? check it out - and if you can press the judgment button -do so. keep posting

I spoke to MCOL helpline and they said that it's been acknowledged as of 5th January- I should have had a copy of it, and I shouldn't have had 3 seperate Notice's of Issue! They'll try and forward me another copy of the Acknowledgement.

Definitely a bug in the system somewhere.

Seeing as it's moving, shall I send my breakdown of the charges to DG or do I wait for them to contact me directly?

I gather I don't press 'Judgement' until 5th February.

send them to dg now.

and keep an eye on that button - try pressing it at midnight on the 4th/5th. they will probably defend but it pays to keep an eye on the calendar and the button. you can get dg's address several places here -

in hsbc contact details above, etc.

1 copy is enough - just reference your claim number on it. i like to say put a little cover note saying, please find enclosed a copy of my breakdown relating to claim no. xxxxxx.

my claim consists of: charges xxxxxxx

interest (court interest 8%) xxxx

court cost xxxxxxxxxx

Total: XXXX.XX

Thank you for your attention to this claim

sincerely. blah, blah.

you should actually send the court 2 copies referencing your claim no. as well. no need for the equation on theirs.

send the one that shows the interest.

Got a letter from DG today.

They offer the money I ask for, but curiously around £4 short of the full amount.

What should I do?

Is this just an arrogant way of knowing they didn't pay everything I asked for, or just a way to cover costs of envelopes?!! Strange!

who knows????? maybe the stockholders are giving prizes for those who can get people to take less - maybe it was 4pounds they are not allowing for some reason - i don't know how much your claim is for but £4 seems like i could live without - if you see what i mean - so, you are getting all your charges, interest, court fee 100% but minus £4? i'd accept. that's my opinion.