New Claim - Another Capital One

doo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

Just to throw my opinion in FWIW, on credit cards I multiplied the monthly rate by 12, because they dont charge you interest on fees, I based it on the fact that because payments went off fees first, they charged me purchase interest on a balance that was higher because they had levied fees and had they not levied the fees the amount of purchase interest the following month would have been less. So effectively they mismanaged my purchase interest rate (if that makes sense, it does to me). I will use the unauthorised rate when it comes to claiming my bank charges but I think if the store/credit cards go to court, I could argue the lower APR rate better than a 34.9% etc

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

OK, have done spreadsheetm, very impressive set of figures and used cap one's interest they gave me over the phone that relates to my account. Thank you so much for everyones help in relation to spreadsheet and interest charges, millymollymoo you have been a star today.

Thanks doo , you are very welcome, however I feel the thanks should really go to bill-k ;) He helped me from the very start :)

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

RedSonja, well done with your win. However, I should point out that, with compound interest, multiplying the monthly rate by 12 does not give you the correct annual rate. You would do better to find the current annual rate by checking online. If you claim gets in to court, there is a chance it could be thrown out, as the interest bears no relation to the contractual reality !!

Thanks Bill :D

So....does it not matter that the interest I have been charged (when I shouldnt have been) was only 16.85% then?

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

Bill - I checked my APR with cap one and have used that, is that ok?

And yes thanks Bill for help with spreadys etc,your kind help you have given milly has been passed on to me and so on... one big happy family.

Also I about to do letter, the address I send it to - is this right.

Capital One Bank

Legal Department

4th Floor

Loxley House

Station Street

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

So....does it not matter that the interest I have been charged (when I shouldnt have been) was only 16.85% then?

No - when they charged you that interest, that was the current rate, then. When you now claim contractual interest, you are charging them interest, now, and at the current rate !!

Bill - I checked my APR with cap one and have used that, is that ok?

Yes, that's fine.

And yes thanks Bill for help with spreadys etc,your kind help you have given milly has been passed on to me and so on... one big happy family.

:)

Also I about to do letter, the address I send it to - is this right.

Capital One Bank

Legal Department

4th Floor

Loxley House

Station Street

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

You might use this one later.

Hi doo,

I sent mine here:

Robert Udy

Executive Office

Capital One Bank (Europe) Plc

PO Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YG

Yes, use this one. Leave R Udy off it if you want, but it's up to you - you might get somebody else dealing with it. I got M Daley.

Milly X

Ah I see said the blind man!

Luckily I only used the x12 for morgan stanley, all my others have the current rate.

Thanks again Bill for pointing me in the right direction! :-)

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Sorry bill but computer said no! I have been told I must spread myself about a bit first before I can let you have that banana. You know what I mean. I will be there soon.

Tanz

Thanks for the thought, Tanz, mate !! No bovver. Actually, I never really looked that close at your spready totals - I was that busy today. But, yes, that is one sweetie of a claim, mate, and a very good example of the power of compound interest !! Just buy me a beer or seven when the time comes, eh ? ;):D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Tanz, hope so, I guess this is where the fun will start.....

I am sending my AQ tomorrow for Cap One claim should get the default removed if they play it like smels claim recently, already had the money offered i.e. wiped debt of about £750 and the a cheque for £300 which I sent back to them as not preparred to accept until default removed.

Also just copiled a prelim for Barclays 2nd claim pre 6 year with Contractual and thats over 13.5k as of todays date.

Also got HSBC one going of tomorrow to for £600 ish.

Plus 2 x Barclaycard 1 mine and one my partner.

Busy Busy Busy

Well Tanz, was so pleased for smel, it has really made me want to fight them for all my money and default removal. Have followed smels thread and taken lots of notes and am following yours very closely, so good luck. Will probably need some help from you in a couple of weeks.

Have just finished second claim for halifax (separate account) but in both cases did not have to file court action as got all money back (£30 short I can live with that). Am also doing HSBC claim for daughter, so also busy, busy, busy but loving it. Nice claim you have running with barclaycard, must subscribe to that thread as they are next on list for hubby.