givememymoney V HSBC

givememymoney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No money today DG have missed my deadline. Now time to write a letter to the judge informing him that whilst in the AQ HSBC indicated that they wanted a month extension in order to see if we can come to a settlement. The reality is that they are just wasting court time and using stalling tactics. As they are not serious about coming to a settlement and paying. After all they are a bank and transfering money around is what they do. Shouldn't be too difficult to transfer my money to my account!!!!!!

I will ask the judge in my letter to adopt my draft order of directions in order to bring a swift conclusion to the matter. :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Ok so I have been thinking about my second claim. I don't think that sending a prelim is of any benefit to me as my previous experience suggests that they don't respond to both the Prelim and LBA. So why not go straight for a modified LBA such as this?

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am very disappointed that despite our previous correspondence regarding bank charges you have continued to apply these unlawful charges to my account.

As discussed the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would again draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming.

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

What do you think? :eek:

Isn't a prelim just a waste of 14 days. I know what they are going to do. They know what they are going to. We discussed it before can't we just cut the cr@p and get the action going? ;)

Actually in all seriousness I am not for one minute suggesting doing away with the prelim for a first claim against one particular bank. However, when it comes to a second claim we all know what each other is going to say and do. So why not say give me my money back in 14 days or I am taking you to court like last time?? This would save 14 days on a claim!! We all know that if they chose to they could put the money in the account within a few hours if they wanted to. :D