pt2537 v Black Horse Finance

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Well IT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED!!!!!!!!!

im not holding my breath at this stage though,but i had a call from the manager at southampton finance centre saying that "BYRON" whoever he is at head office has authorised my refund in full.apparently they didnt want to fight in court as " they didnt feel they had a reasonable prospect of winning and may incurr extra costs" ( NO SH!T)

so i have been promised a full refund within ten days so i am putting the claim on hold for ten days and not a minute longer. i have as a precaution filled out the 3 copies of the N1 form and 3 schedules of charges just in case

anyway good luck every one and i will update this post in ten days or so

regards

paul

next on the list...........................

BARCLAYS

LLOYDS TSB

THE WOOLWICH

GE CAPITAL

EGG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A cautious and tentative WELL DONE!

Nice one PT, fingers crossed it all goes to plan eh?

Best Wishes.

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

A cautious and tentative WELL DONE!

Nice one PT, fingers crossed it all goes to plan eh?

Absolutely!! :D

Agree about being cautious, though. Keep us informed, PT; I'm sure we'll all be watching with interest.

OB :)

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

Hi Perseus & OldBear

Thanks,

im being a little cautious at the mo as i dont trust them until the money is in my bank account. it sems that they are genuinely gonna pay up but we will have to wait and see. i will update everyone once i hear from them

regards

paul

PaulByron Rees (what else) is the contact name in Cardiff that the compliance section in Barnet gave me. Hope he gives me the same response. If he doesn't, I'll set the Bigg Market girls on to him. Not a pretty sight on a Friday night after two gallons of ale etc.Well done anyway and here's hoping they pay up. Are they sending a cheque or paying it in to your bank account? Not LTSB I hope.all the best mateIan

Hi Ian,

I hope you get the same response as me . fingers crossed.

they are supposed to be sending me a cheque and it was supposed to have been raised today so hopefully it will arrive in the next few days although they asked me to give them 10 days to make sure it arrives.

good luck

regards

paul

Hi Paul

Would just like to check something. As my LBA was signed for on 2/2, does the 14 days start from thart date and I assume as it's 14 days, week-ends are included. I ask because if this is correct, my 14 days are up on Friday, 16/2 and my loan payment date is the18th. if I get what I've asked for, my remiaining balance would be wiped out so I'm looking to keep the next due payment. Any thoughts?

Your lass spent cash yet?

Howay the lads

Ian

Hi Ian,

nah she hast spent it yet ( only because it hasnt arrived) .

its my understanding that you are correct regarding the LBA. i would give them til the 16th to reply and on the 17th if you dont get teh answer you want then i would be off to court. i think you are gonna have to bite the bullet and pay them this month though just incase the money dont come through in time or they dont give you the answer you want

good luck

regards

paul

Paul

Just had some boiler from Black Horse on the 'phone to tell me that they will be writing to me asap as we've got that many claims to look at. I politely reminded her that she had until Friday as the fourteen days were up. A pause while she put me on hold, she obviously didn't realise the deadline. She came back and informed me that she would have a word with her boss when he came out of a meeting and get back to me within the hour.

A few minutes later while writing this, true to her word, back she came. She had had a word with the gaffa and agreed to pay up and the refund would be offset by the balance of the loan. I'm happy with that as I've still ended up with 280 quid plus the fact that I no longer have to pay out 75 quid a month. This is my first experience but may not be my last. Trouble is, I defaulted on credit cards and the debts were sold on. Instead of chasing up charges on these particular cards, perhaps I should ensure that the DCA's have the original agreements, if not, maybe I have no credit card debts after all.

Extra money will come in handy as No1 son gets married at Easter, wor lass will no doubt, want a new frock. The cheque is supposed to be raised today, but I know from your experience that they may stall. They will be fools if they do!

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

im please for you, at the end of the day its the result you were looking for

i think you need to look into the credit card situation as there is a lot of things that need to be considered such as if the debts have been properly sold on to the DCAs and if they have signed agreements etc.

but at the end of the day ,again its your money they have taken and you have the right to get it back and you should also be able to get the defaults removed from your record if i am right

i will keep my fingers crossed for you and i hope the money comes through for you shortly

regards

paul

Hi Ian,

Nah Nothing yet although i did agree to allowing them ten days to get the money to me .they have til the 23rd feb so they have a little while yet. i gave them this time so that if it does end up going to court it will go in my favor as i have been more than reasonable and im pretty confident that a judge will agree. i think( only my opinion) it would be a good idea to allow them til next friday then give them a call, that way they have the weekend to get the money to you and if they dont then i would be at the court first thing monday to file the N1. at least you will have been as reasonable as possible in trying to settle the claim out of court.

once again its only my opinion.

good luck mate

paul

WELL, that postie has just been and delivered me 2 cheques from black horse totalling up to the full amount of my claim so its fair to say now that

i won

still got lloyds tsb, barclays , Ge Capital, EGG, The Woolwich to tackle so its not over yet.

excellent news pt - well done you!!!

All the best

P

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Hi Ian,

well they have been good to their word so far with me so lets hope that you get a nice little letter like i had saying

Dear Sir/ Madam

in response to your recent request, we have pleasure (YEAH RIGHT) in enclosing a refund cheque for 417

yours faithfully

blah blah blah

thats what i got this morning x2 one for each account

good luck and i will keep my fingers crossed for you

paul

Great news Paul. :D :D

These guys are next on my hit list; just got a statement from them telling me they will be adding a £12 "Collection Activity Charge" to be collected at the completion of the agreement with all the other charges I have accumulated over the years. No phone calls, no letters, no indication of what they actually did to merit it.

Are they ever going to see that £12? To use your words... "Yeah Right" or as I would say, "I don't think so!"

Anyway, enough about me, let's just celebrate your win(s). Yours too, Ian; WTG, chaps.

OB :)

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

WELL, that postie has just been and delivered me 2 cheques from black horse totalling up to the full amount of my claim so its fair to say now that

i won

still got lloyds tsb, barclays , Ge Capital, EGG, The Woolwich to tackle so its not over yet.

Well done PT. Did you claim 8% or the contractual rate?

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Hi Oldbear,

it would appear that black horse have atleast for the moment given up fighting claims ,atleast thats how it appears based upon mine and ians cases

good luck with your claim, i hope its as smooth as ours

Hi debt mountain,

unfortunatley i didnt get the chance to charge them interest as tehy settled when i sent the LBA so no 8% interest

oh well i will save the interest for lloyds tsb instead,

regards

paul

old bear

When I spoke with BH on Monday the amount they said they would pay differed from my amount by twenty five quid. I knew it would as my statement also showed "a charge of 25 quid would be collected on completion of the loan". BH quickly backtracked when I quickly pointed out that the whole idea of all the claims they had received was the high rate of charges; thick or what?

Ian

Well, what a bunch of rotters they are!! :p :p

I called them today about the charges to be collected and they waived them there and then, both accounts. No fight, no argument, just the loveliest customer service lass you could ever speak to.

Not only did she do that, but she's also going to try and get me a full statement of account (showing all transactions) for the closed loan account they took hundreds in charges on.

Some people, huh?!! :D

OB

OB

What a bunch of big soft sh***s. I must have softened them up last week with my dulcet geordie tones. They'll be hearing them again shortly 'cos I haven't got my cheque yet; although it is only five working days.

Did they say they've raised payment today? Start counting for payment.

Ian