Help!Haven't offered me full amount what do I do?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

Sent my letter out to halifax, requesting back £1,500 in charges. I have received a letter back from them but they haven't offered me the full amount. They have offered £1,000 instead of £1,500!! Do I refuse the offer and risk not getting any money at all, or do I just accept the offer and settle with the £1000! Even though I do really want the £500 aswell as its my money I should have it back! What is the next step if the bank hasn't offered you the full amount? Please help! Thank you!!:Cry:

My advice would be to send them this letter, it is basically saying that you will only accept their offer as part payment and will pursue the rest in court if necessary. They will more than likely withdraw the offer after you have sent this letter but thats ok. You can then proceed with the court claim when the deadline is up. They wont set foot in court so you will get your money back, plus the interest which you can claim at the court stage.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.htmlood

Good Luck.

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Also giving them a ring and reminding them that they will incur court costs and interest if it goes to court. I am sure they will up there offer, many people have got there full claim by doing this - I myself last week got near to my amount by bartering. It is worth a try for the cost of a phone call.

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Offer made by telephone 29/12/06 - upped then accepted.

Received offer and acceptance form 30/12/06.

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Money in bank 09/01/07 :D :D :D