Letter to Capquest

sarahpp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes they DO send letters. This is how they hound people when they dont have their number!!!

Next time they say they dont send letters, say "oh thats funny, because Im looking at a pile of letters here from you. are you saying that even though they are on your headed papers, they are not from you"?

I think because I had not followed up the CCA letter I'd forgotten about it .all they have done is alert me to firing off the next letter(s) along the line of , "you've no agreement so go away and don't annoy me again" I saw one in the library,but not as short

Guess what?

capquest have just sent me another 'give us 28 days letter' does the right arm know what the left is doing or what????????

I have no intention of supplying them with any information..if they want it...let them go find it. It's quite evident to me that they don't have any credit agreement of mine.....do I just lie back and wait for the next letter or should I fire off a letter? Any ideas?

looks like they've defaulted on the cca request, I'm going to fill in a complaint form for the OFT tomorrow.

Salisburyowl

but they don't write letters do they?.....;)

I have looked at your earlier post and it looks like they should have received your request on 31st Jan (?) so, yes, they are in default but, pesonally I would wait until the 12days + 1 calendar month is up and then complain to Trading Standards because a criminal offence will have been committed. I think that the OFT come in with the failure to send you an up to date statement of account as per their guidelines. I don't think the request for the Agreement comes under their remit, just breaches of their guidelines (which are on a sticky at the top of the general debt forum I think)

Companies House. Have access to website. And they were liquidated on 19 September 2005. No company with the name HL credit control officially exists.

I did a bit of digging as have problems with them too. They may be known as another company called HLLC Limited there is a website for hllc.co.uk but the phone number just goes through to voice mail. However I have a letter from "H L Legal Solicitors" with a quote at the bottom HL Legal & collections also practices as HL Credit Control and HL Legal they have no company number or anything relating to their registered status.

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

hi there just wanting to subscribe to the thread, WELL DONE stick to your guns, ive spent literally over 4 hours today going through posts, im getting so much knowledge!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Subscribing

This must be one of the most addictive forums on the internet. Im hooked. Its good to know that there are so many decent folk out there who have been bullied and threatened by these parasites who do not appear to have heard of GOOGLE and give scant regard to the law. Lots of them must be losing out on their monthly bonuses in their call centres when so many refuse to even speak to them. Most of my alleged debts are now reaching the six year mark and then I will have some fun with the b******s

Subscribing

This must be one of the most addictive forums on the internet. Im hooked. Its good to know that there are so many decent folk out there who have been bullied and threatened by these parasites who do not appear to have heard of GOOGLE and give scant regard to the law. Lots of them must be losing out on their monthly bonuses in their call centres when so many refuse to even speak to them. Most of my alleged debts are now reaching the six year mark and then I will have some fun with the b******s

Just subscribing, at a similar junction at the moment with Arrow Global and MBNA. Good luck!:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I found this which may help you:

Dear Sir/Madam

COMPLAINT UNDER SECTION 77(1) and SECTION 78(1) CONSUMER CREDIT ACT (1974)

I submitted the enclosed notice under Section 77(1) and 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to **** on (date) in respect of an alleged debt to them (their reference XXXXX).

To date ******* have not responded to this notice as required by law in that they have not supplied a copy of the alleged original signed agreement .

As more than 42 days have now elapsed, ****** has committed a criminal offence and I wish to submit a formal complaint to you.

I would be obliged if you confirm what action you propose to take in respect of this matter.

Yours faithfully

Hi iam actually dealing with this company at the moment, i was paying £50 pound a month which they have just raised to £60, £50 was bad enough. Anyway im hoping ive kept my letters from them because im sure i had lots of scary threats from them in letters which is why i agreed to start paying off my debt promptly. If i havent, do you think i can ask them for copys of all correspondance they sent to me, or do you think if they know i havent got them they will include all appropriete things they should have done to begin with?. thnx.

A Subject Access Request will compel them to provide all of the information which they hold on you. It will cost you a £10 fee (they cannot charge you any more than that). There is an SAR template in the library section. You will need to adjust it slightly to reflect the fact that you are asking for all information held. They have 40 days to supply this.

I can't comment as to whether Capquest would make alterations as that may be a potentially defamatory statement. The law clearly states that they should not do this.

Obviously, it may be better if you could find all of the documentation yourself but, I understand that filing systems do go awry (mine for example!) particularly if the subject matter is distressing.

Good Luck, whatever you decide to do

Sarah

• Haha 1

Sarah

I echo your point on filing. Like many, during my bury head in sand phase, I didn't even open letters (thankfully I kept most of them though). Now my filing system is my friend, especially when battling on so many fronts.

And now, thanks to CAG, I've the strength to open all letters!

Regards

Lantana

• 2 weeks later...

Well capquest have sent me some copies of amex statements...funny thing is I requested a CCA not SAR and even then I wouldn't count 1 years statements 2005/6 as fulfilling any SAR request.

What are capquest playing at eh? Not long now before they have commited a criminal offence. :D

Well capquest have sent me some copies of amex statements...funny thing is I requested a CCA not SAR and even then I wouldn't count 1 years statements 2005/6 as fulfilling any SAR request.

What are capquest playing at eh? Not long now before they have commited a criminal offence. :D

They know exactly what is required from them by law. They even employ pet in house lawyers. They work on the assumption that you the alleged debtor are not fully aware of your rights but thanks to sites like this and some of the undoubted experts on here their bluff, bullying and blatant mistruths (by some) are failing to intimidate any more