Suspected call from J&P regarding Dubai debt.

My Debt has also transferred to J&P,  I was getting letters to my previous address which stopped - i still have access to but its not where i live, there a letter on the way to Dubai confirming my current address as advised above.

4 weeks ago out of the blue i get a text regarding credit card debt and to call a number, ignored the message, the next day i get a letter from J&P to my current address. A couple of weeks in a row i get the same text and again a letter.

They have managed to get my current phone number and address.

I have just received a phone call from 07441 362857, I answered and they asked if my name was xxxxxx which i confirmed, they only asked my first name. after i confirmed they just put the phone down.

Does this sound like a tactic to try and get me to ring them back, or could it be some other, totally unrelated scam? just seems weird they knew my name.

Instructed to start a new topic.

My Debt has also transferred to J&P,  I was getting letters to my previous address from IDR which stopped - i still have access to the adress but its not where i live, there a letter on the way to Dubai confirming my current address as advised above.

4 weeks ago out of the blue i get a text regarding credit card debt and to call a number, ignored the message, the next day i get a letter from J&P to my current address. A couple of weeks in a row i get the same text and again a letter.

They have managed to get my current phone number and address.

I have just received a phone call from 07441 362857, I answered and they asked if my name was xxxxxx which i confirmed, they only asked my first name. after i confirmed they just put the phone down.

Any ideas how would they be able to get my phone number?

Does this sound like a tactic to try and get me to ring them back, or could it be some other, totally unrelated scam? just seems weird they knew my name.

That number you quote is a non dialable number - Probably spoofing it which sounds about right. 

Probably found your number from a credit application you made or electoral roll etc. 

Youd be surprised how data brokers work over here in the UK its a bit mad... 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

That’s what I thought, been having tons of actual scam calls and was literally changing my number yesterday.

the person on the other end this time spoke with a really clear English accent, which seems odd for a scam.

they called me, I answered and likewise rather than saying hello im...they ask me who I am...err sorry who are you and no im not that person. ok we will not call again.

ignore everything until or unless you ever get.

a letter of claim

a statutory declaration

or 

a court claimform.

if you do comeback HERE to this thread

do ever do anything without checking here FIRST and reading this forum..1000's of posts  to read.

block / sanitise everything else, phone/txt/email/social media accounts etc.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...