Appeal Bundles - Civil Appeals - Parcel Delivery Firms

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can advise me on something.

I'm appealing an order and have been asked to submit an appeal bundle and the below points are required to be included:

1) transcript of the judgment of the lower court on other record of reasons. 

2) Statement of case.

I'm wondering if anyone knows that "on other record of reasons" means.

Also for statement of case would it just be a long document covering the reason for the claim, the findings of the lower court, why it was wrong and what I seek instead?

Thanks,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Its just a case against a parcel delivery firm where parcel lost and a judge didnt agree that they were liable for more then insurance ws.

However my question is more about what the wording on the points of the order says which I copied above

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Other case law relied upon

" On other record of reasons "

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Formal court documents setting out a party's case. They include claim form; particulars of claim; defence; reply to defence; Part 20 claims and further information under CPR Pt 18.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

You will also be expected to submit a skeleton argument as part of your bundle.

Certainly 

Are you seeking permission or has it been granted ?

I'm seeking permission.

I've attached the order here. 

The only slight issue is the Judge's handwriting for the original appeal is honestly near impossible to read. I've asked for the reasons in typed format but I'm awaiting a response.

D(0453153.SKAL) redacted.pdf

Ok that says for court of appeal though and I've not received "a core bundle index".

Also as I'm not represented that form says I don't need to submit one. 

I'm guessing you think its a good thing to do as a matter of course?

Hello,

Thoughts on this for the contents of the bundle Andy?

also looping in @BankFodder in case you have anything you think I should/shouldn't include

Thanks

Draft 1 D.(95284319.DSPS).pdf

Thanks,

I'm finishing up the skeleton and hope to have it done today.

Will look at statement of case too and get that done over the next few days.

Well I've had a look. As an index page I suppose it looks very smart but it really doesn't tell us anything. Also, we don't know anything about the case, what it's about and what you you are appealing about.

I don't think we can give any better advice than that it looks good so far.

Overall, I don't understand the need for secrecy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's not really any secrecy. A judge limited the amount I could recover to their free cover limit because I didn't buy their insurance for a parcel from ages ago.

I've been working on my skeleton and have nearly finished that.

@AndyOrch I'm wondering if you can give me some pointers for my statement of case because really It's the one thing I'm not too sure on. 

What things shoud/shouldnt be in it and what differentiates it from my POC/WX?