Payplan for 13 years, decided to do something about it

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

moo cash cow removed

wait for the little piggies to start squealing..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Beggars belief ...how can you have a debt on a current account without an overdraft.....no point writing to a DCA they simply do not understand logic..common sense...and in particular finance.

If you must.....ask them to provide proof of the agreement and the credit limit or better still simply ignore them..its really not worth the stress.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Ive had another pair of letter replies. Both from DrydensFairfax - one regarding the HSBC credit card requesting payment, which came a week after one for the same account acknowledging the debt was unenforceable. So i know to ignore that one.

The second letter from them was regarding a Barclays OD (attached). I *think* am ignoring this one too from what i've read on this site, or should i be replying to it?

dydens fairfax barclays request for payment.pdf

Lol @ it must be completed 

Only a Court, HMRC or Council Tax have the right to ask for an income & expenditure form

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry but never enter into pointless letter tennis.

ignore until or unless you get a letter of claim

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 years later...

Back in 2019 this forum helped me to get free of Payplan and through some CCA letters dispense with a number of old debts.

One related to a Barclays Overdraft from the early 00s, last payment through PayPlan was 04 June 2019.

I have informed Drydens in both May 2019 and June 2023 of change of address.

No letters beyond a confirmation of the change and a request for finanical details, which ive ignored.

Today ive just received 2 letters from them that look like notice of assignment, or confirmation of appointment letters - along with the usual requests for payment and mild threats of further action.

What i was wanting to know is do i just ignore these as per usual?

I know that i cant CCA an overdraft debt but what is the usual "plan" for dealing with old overdraft debts? Am i trying to run the clock down until June 2025 when it becomes statue barred?

3 minutes ago, dchbrown said:

Today ive just received 2 letters from them that look like notice of assignment, or confirmation of appointment letters - along with the usual requests for payment and mild threats of further action.

From  ?  With regards to the Overdraft debt ?

Can you not log in using your original account username ?

Andy

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to Max Recovery/Drydens - old Barclays Overdraft Debt

I am logged in with my original username, but couldnt find my original thread when i looked myself.

Single envelope, 2 letters -

1 from Max Recovery telling me that my account was transferred to Drydens Fairfax in 2007

1 from Drydens Fairfax telling me that they are under instruction from their client to seek repayment.

I am not sure if I actually need to do anything at this stage, i rememebr dx100uk telling me to come back here if either of my overdraft creditors got in touch. its taken them 5 years to do so but here i am.

Just now, dchbrown said:

I am logged in with my original username, but couldnt find my original thread when i looked myself.

But you only have 2 posts ?

1 minute ago, dchbrown said:

Single envelope, 2 letters -

1 from Max Recovery telling me that my account was transferred to Drydens Fairfax in 2007

1 from Drydens Fairfax telling me that they are under instruction from their client to seek repayment.

But nothing from Barclays.

No, nothing from Barclays.

Turns out i have 2 accounts on here, and i posted originally on the other one.

Sorry about that.

I am coming back to this thread after receiving a Single envelope containing 2 letters:

These relate to a Barclays Overdraft from the early 00s, last payment through PayPlan was 04 June 2019, but neither of the letters are from Barclays themselves.

I have informed Drydens in both May 2019 and June 2023 of changes of address.

No letters beyond a confirmation of the change and a request for finanical details have been received, which ive ignored.

What i was wanting to know is do i just ignore these as per previous advice?

I know that i cant CCA an overdraft debt but what is the usual "plan" for dealing with old overdraft debts?

Am i trying to run the clock down until June 2025 when it becomes statue barred?

• lolerz changed the title to Payplan for 13 years, decided to do something about it

bar updating debt owners upon a change of address, which you've done?

do nothing more , do not respond until/unless you ever get a letter of claim.

dx

• Like 1

and they