Ryanair are delaying paying out the compensation for a delayed flight

Hi, 

I had a delayed flight back in March.

The flight was delayed for well over 5 hours and I submitted my flight compensation claim and food voucher claim.

I had emails confirming that ryanair would indeed pay the compensation within 10 days. 

I chased up after 10 days, and was told 21 days not 10 days. 

I chased up on Thursday last week as the 21 days was drawing near.

Today (day 21) I received an email saying it would take 4-6 weeks further to process the payment due to high volumes. 

What do I do?

Can I do anything?

It takes 2 minutes to process a BACS transfer, not 21 days and certainly not 21+6 weeks = 9 weeks!! 

Thank you 

moved to the airline forum.

have a good read of a few like threads

Holiday & Airline companies - Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@jk2054 I’ll draft one up shortly. 

On another note, I requested £220 compensation as per 261. Ryanair offered £213.xx (€250 converted to GBP) as opposed to £220 under U.K. law. 

I requested the full £220 which they declined and refused to budge. 

Am I correctly within my rights to request the full £220? I didn’t particularly care over the £6-7 but given this delay and the effort of writing and LoC, if I am within my rights, then I may aswell add it in! 

thanks! 

I’m not sure for Ryanair about that sorry.

Ive always just accepted the £214.

Not worth fighting over £6 given how much hassle airlines are tbh

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role.

You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard.

Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway".

While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either.

It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.