2010 Loan Debt from Dubai bank last paid 2009 and IDR letters by Email

Hi guys.

I have been reading through lots of posts regarding IDR and the consensus seems to be ignore but protect yourself by informing the Dubai bank of your current address. 

I have not heard from any DCA until last week when i received an email ( very polite and they only want to help type of thing etc) - the first email didnt even have a figured owed or the bank name - the latest email does, but is still very polite in its tone. 

At no point  in 14 years have i informed the bank of my address - to be honest i didnt know this was a thing - to my shame i went with the "head in the sand" approach. 

The Debt is just less the 50k DHS

I have a couple of questions

1. if i contact the bank, is this snail mail, or will email suffice? ( should i be doing this or is my debt statute barred by now?) 
  2. will me writing a letter to them in anyway acknowledge the debt and restart the counter?
  3. is it a good idea to do a ( Data) Subject Access Request on IDR to see what info they actually have on me - where it came from and how has it been handled etc?

1. snail mail only. SB is 15yrs UAE.

2. nope

3. nope.

thread title updated

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to 2010 Debt from Dubai and IDR letters by Email

I have checked the IDR website and they say that Statute barred is 10 years in the UAE but that might just be a ploy to get you to contact them! 

IDRWW.COM

Problems with debt in Dubai or elsewhere in the UAE? IDRWW have created this page especially for you | UAE Debt Frequently...

)

Thanks to you both for replying - i did look at the website and saw they said 10 years.

i imagine certain debts have different limitations, they are technically might not lying but getting you to stick your head above the parapet. 

I shall write a letter to the bank tomorrow ( is there a template available within this site

) -  is there a department i should be addressing it to, 

and is it wise to send it recorded delivery? 

After they have received the letter - am i then likely to receive letters from furthers DCA's, do i ignore them?

i took the loan in dubai out in 2008 but due to losing my job i stopped paying in September 2009 - do i only have to ride this out until September this year?

• dx100uk changed the title to 2010 Loan Debt from Dubai bank last paid 2009 and IDR letters by Email

thread title updated. cheapest post you can get.

Loans are 15yrs in the UAE.

as i said there is no templates, simply write to the bank giving your new uk address.

get free proof of posting , thats all that is needed. 

IDRWW will never be able to raise a claim in that time.

a dca is not a bailiff. zero legal powers

just dot ignore a statutory demand letter or a letter of claim or a court claimform from northants bulk.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:noidea:

what dont ever ignore is:

a Statutory Demand

a Letter Of Claim

a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.

however..

On 25/03/2024 at 20:44, dx100uk said:

IDRWW will never be able to raise such in the time remaining to SB date.

dx

and they

Posted (edited)

a previous thread by underP04 contains the expert evidence of mr edge that they repeatedly use and it says the statute of limitations is probably 10 years (they dont know themselves) so ignore.

well dont tell them now!

They restarted on me after JandP had a go and when they restarted the first letter had the initial balance from 5 years previous. suggests a lack of real interest and care taken from bank or them.

Edited by dubai 5 0

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious 

An update -

- I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)  

- I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai) 

- IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all.

- i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).

Edited by Johnny1 leg

3 hours ago, Johnny1 leg said:

IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all.

we have known for a very very long time that 9/10 the OC never knows IRRWW are chasing debtors nor  in some cases even taking money from them that the OC never ever see!! IDRWW pockets it -  free money - lets all go on a staff holiday.

there was an article some years back whereby that quoted some +£4M debtors had paid to IDRWW on UAE debts that when contacted the originating banks knew nothing about....😎

and they