Tenancy agreement woes (ForHousing)

I moved into my flat over 20 years ago which was then council-owned (Salford City council) and has changed hands several times (Salford Council->New Prospect->City West and now ForHousing)

The only tenancy agreement I signed was 20 years ago with Salford Council (I have a copy of this through a SAR)

The current 'housing officer' is quoting rules I need to adhere to out of their current tenancy, 'ForHousing', agreement and not one I agreed to 20 years ago.

Which agreement would take precedence?

Supremacy of contract would be the tenancy agreement you've signed.

If you haven't agreed to the new terms then they can't be enforced upon you.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I have to fully agree that if you only signed that Salford Council Tenancy Agreement some 20 yrs ago and no other Agreement since then your Salford Council Tenancy Agreement is still in force and can't be superceded by ForHousing quoting from there own Agreement.

So ForHousing Housing Officer is wrong in what they have stated to you and need to be corrected as they can't enforce there own tenancy agreement clauses for there own tenancy agreement when you Tenancy Agreement was with Salford Council and signed at that time with no new Tenancy Agreement Signed.

Just for info even if ForHousing insist that you sign a New Tenancy Agreement with them you are under no obligation to do so and they can't force you to do so either.

So to clarify your Salford Council Tenancy Agreement although now with ForHousing that Salford Council Tenancy Agreement and all the clauses contained within it still stand and are enforceable by you on ForHousing not ForHousing quoting there own Tenancy Agreement Clauses which are not enforceable on you.

• Like 2
  • I agree 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group