Newport Council PCN - now Bailiffs

Hi guys. 

I have recently received this parking penalty charge (attached) which has been handed on to a collection agency.

The offence date is Mar 2023, i appealed this at the time however i never heard back from them, i think they might have sent the correspondence to my old address in south wales, this is the first time i have heard anything about this matter. No email or texts from my appeal.

I had a vital cardiology appointment at Newport hospital, i was new to south wales area and i had never been to Newport Hospital before, i checked before hand and there 'is' parking within the hospital grounds.

When i got there i could not access the car park as there was queues and queues of cars lined along the main road waiting to get into the car park.

I panicked and knowingly parked on a nearby street where there was no parking allowed and this was the cause of the ticket. I would have missed my appointment if i had not done this and i did not know where to park.

Every street had been no parking signs too, typical of the council.

Please note my mental health is declining and im ignoring the post and its piling up ,

i'm struggling to tackle day to day tasks so please bare with me and ill try and respond in a reasonably quick manner.

cheers

Rob

2024-01-26 NOA + 2024-02-05 FNOE Jacobs.pdf

OK, so this is a council Penalty Charge Notice now at the 'further notice of enforcement' stage as, for whatever reason, you didn't get any correspondence from them after you submitted an initial appeal. Did you move house after the PCN was issued? Did you write tell them your new address? I guess from your previous parking posts here that you are aware that councils have greater powers than private parking companies for PCNs.

Collegues on here may suggest any actions you could take to challenge it, but it seems that you don't dispute the offence and knew you had parked in a street you weren't allowed to park in, and had seen and understood the signage,  but were appealing it on 'extenuating circumstances' grounds - new to the area, medical condition, urgent hospital appointment, etc - but council did not accept it. Is that correct?

The answer might actually be to pay this before it escalates further. From what you say it's not obvious you would have any defence if it went to court.  Are you able to pay it? I ask that mindful of what you say about your declining mental health and the extra stress that challenging this further might put on you.

Is your car now correctly registered to your current address with DVLA, ie your current address is what is shown as the Registered Keeper on the car's V5C registration document/'log book'? Because when council and baliffs attempt to contact car owners they use the address of the Registered Keeper as recorded by DVLA.

• Like 1

Hello Ethel many thanks for your reply and all the wonderful information. 

I am afraid i did not inform them of my new address after i left south wales. They may have sent it to my old address in south wales who knows but i assumed i would have got an email back from them after the appeal. I had already moved house but i forgot to change the address on my v5. Yes i remember the councils have more power.

Regarding the appeal yes you are spot on regarding the circumstances around having to park there. As usual they don't have any compassion in these situations. I highlighted how the council have failed in not providing adequate parking at the hospital.

Regarding challenging this i could pay it if i really had no option. Im being evicted for the second time in 6 months, that's another story, I have about 6k in debt too, i'm not really in a great financial position to pay this right now. Im working 7 days a week in a bid to help pay off some of my debt.

The offence registered address for my car was 2 house moves ago Pontypool (wales) - Bristol - Stonehouse (currently), my last house had the car registered there but i got no mail from them, now at my new address its registered here and this is the first time i have heard from them.

The car is in my front garden, no mot, sorned, not great condition, is it possible to ask them to take it away? Its maybe only worth a few hundred quid.

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Penalty Charge From Newport Council - now Bailiffs

did you receive a notice of enforcement from Jacobs before the letter you have uploaded?
dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then if you did not receive a NOE at where you are now, they cant enforce anything.

they must send a valid NOE to your correct and current address.

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

many thanks for your reply.

It's good to hear they can't enforce anything.

Do i wait and see if they ever turn up here and if so tell them i was not given any notice of enforcement?

Im being evicted for the second time in 6 months,  i wont be at this address for long.

My eviction date is 05-May 24 and the Section 21 all seems legit to me.

On 15/03/2024 at 21:10, mystic_bertie said:

I have about 6k in debt too,

what this debt, just checking you should be paying it.

FWIW: ive just checked your upload and there is the NOE..:lol:

not sure what a FNOE is but its not an official bailiff letter.

as it stands it's £189, if he appear in person it adds £235  = Total £310 bailiff fees + the Org PCN Sum. nothing more can be added.

• Like 1

and they

Many thanks for your reply.  After you mentioned this i see the NOE is on the second page and the FNOE on the first. 

AS this is not an official Bailiff letter does that mean they are not going to turn up or enforce these ludicrous fees against me?

I have about £4000 on 2 credit cards with zero percent interest.

Sods law was working against me again, i got into debt in an emergency, i was about to start a highly paid job and i could have cleared it no problem, they put me in a different job role as i was a contractor (Rolls Royce) i hated the job and had to leave,

i still have the debt, i have started working over time to put towards the debt. Im paying the minimum each month. I keep getting evicted so i can't get myself into a stable financial position. ;) 

2k of the debt is the dwp and tax credits which im paying at £10 a month. ;) 

i notice on all your posts on your various threads you keep using @username, you dont need to do that. just type.

cant predict what bailiffs might do, but that last letter is meaningless and not part of any std bailiff stuff they must send. to be honest id let it run see where it goes. though see below....

theres no forced entry allowed either so... what cant they levy on..not a lot! you car is undriveable and worthless.

these card debts might be better to ignore and use their payments to set up a payment plan of say £10 or £20pcm to the bailiff...your call.

dx

and they

dx , many thanks for your reply. Without using the @ symbol does the person still get notified of my latest reply ? I notice the name does not get highlighted.

I have to pay a minimum amount to my cards,

i have not yet got to a point where i can tackle the main balances,

i can afford to pay a small amount to the Jacobs fine too.

Is it possible to get this amount reduced as £189, seems a bit extreme for a parking fine,

also i never got a chance to pay the standard amount before this was escalated to Jacobs. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Newport Council PCN - now Bailiffs
3 hours ago, mystic_bertie said:

Without using the @ symbol does the person still get notified of my latest reply ?

anyone (inc you) that has already posted on a thread automatically gets notified when someone else posts on it. hence you have an email about this post.

3 hours ago, mystic_bertie said:

Is it possible to get this amount reduced as £189, seems a bit extreme for a parking fine,

you received the original council PCN from the council, 

On 14/03/2024 at 13:21, mystic_bertie said:

i appealed this at the time

On 15/03/2024 at 21:10, mystic_bertie said:

I am afraid i did not inform them of my new address after i left south wales.

you received a NOE from the bailiff to your correct and current address

so no sadly.

• Like 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...

which was from the council issued by one of their parking enforcement officers :whistle:

• Like 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning guys. I called Jacobs and asked to set up a payment plan. They told me I have to pay the £189 in 4 monthly instalments, i told them i cant afford this right now, they told me to seek financial advice from CAB sigh. ;)