MET CCTV PCN - Zipcar Hire have paid it + admin fee!! - Occupants left Carpark - Starbucks Closed - Southgate Car Park Stansted Airport

So it looks like the bank has refunded me the £60  + £15 that Zipcar had taken. I have received the following email from Zipcar, so they still believe they are in the right. Should I reply to them or should I just hope that the bank agrees with me and won't change their mind (as I believe the investigation is still ongoing and if they decide I am in the wrong then the bank themselves will take the money back - again)?

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel dissatisfied with the outcome, I can appreciate it is never a pleasant experience in receiving a PCN.

We can confirm that this matter has been investigated in depth, in addition to having made all efforts to provide you with the correct information. However, you are unfortunately still liable for this notice which has been correctly attributed to your account.

If you feel this has been issued incorrectly we kindly advise for you to contact the issuing authority to discuss your case.

If they believe the fine has been issued incorrectly/unfairly, they can revoke the fine and we will be able to issue you a full refund.

I understand that this is a frustrating matter, but we ask that you remember that PCNs are not issued by Zipcar, but by the local authority.

Kind regards,
Zipcar

Every time I say that they (and the chargeback team at Santander) just revert to "Yeah, but it looks like a fine. It says violation on it so it's that type of charge so that's our protocol - to pay it".

That's why they then put it through to the fraud team.

Should I inform Zipcar that my bank has refunded the money and the fraud team is looking into it now? And reinforce the whole private company/invoice argument again? 

Yes.

Stress that the charge has not been issued by a local authority, as they say, but a Private Company.

It is simply a private invoice with no legal standing, which should have been referred to you... As it stated on the PCN.

(My PDF excerpt in post 19.)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Regarding Zipcar - Nick has just written what i was about to write, just Nick has written it better!

Regarding the bank - are you sure they have refunded the money?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well done on your victory ... at least for now.

I would reply to Santander and tell them, for their investigation, that the reason for the dispute is because Zipcar have confused a Penalty Charge Notice from a council with an invoice from a private company.  It is amazingly unprofessional for a large national car hire company to make such a basic mistake.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You might add that until a Judge decides, a parking Charge notice is just an invoice.

Many of the cases that go to court are thrown out though this one rarely goes to Court because even Met know that it is a scam and won't stand up as valid under the scrutiny of a Court.

Then include the video to confirm the scam.

After seeing that Santander shouldn't change their mind.

careful LFI...a judge cannot change/rule on anything regarding a speculative invoice. even if a defendant loses...its STILL a speculative invoice.....nothing can change that.

just because a defendant might lose it does not make it a Penalty Charge Notice nor A FINE.

some people might read above wrongly.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...