MET PCN - overstay - appealed - starbucks closed - Southgate Rd, 346, Stansted

Thanks for posting up what you found out from the airport.

If by some fluke MET are stupid enough to try court, it will be very useful for you to know what to argue and what not to argue (and will also help other people).

So have you actually had replies from Starbucks?  Or Euro Garages?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have my doubts on the truth of their statement. Were that the case why has Met not issued a single compliant PCN from either of those two car parks? 

If you carry on the argument further, I have seen no compliant PCNs issued by any of the rogues where the PCNs were issued on any airport land. That includes hotel car parks and petrol stations within airport areas. 

Knowing the character of all of the largest parking companies it would be surprising if the land within airport areas was relevant land that the rogues would not be issuing no

n compliant PCNs. It is much easier to win against the keeper than the driver . It would hard to believe that they had not employed lawyers to examine the possibility of checking whether areas away from the landing area of a n airport, in ;particular, hotels car parks could be considered relevant land.

I found this as a definition of what airport land is under s13 [6] of the Airports Act 1986 amended 2013

"(6) In subsection (5) “airport land”, in relation to an airport, means land which is attached to the airport and was on 1st April 1986 administered with the airport as a single unit."

In many instances, airport land now comes under the jurisdiction of their local councils. Perhaps we could get a more definitive answer from one of those .

At the end of the day no parking company seems to accept that anywhere on airport land is relevant land.

Edited by lookinforinfo

@FTMDave    This is the answer from Euro Garages: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your visit.

I can see you have had a parking charge for parking in the Starbucks Carpark.

Unfortunately the land is not operated our owned by ourselves Starbucks.

Any correspondence needs to go directly to MET parking appeals [email protected]

Or I would advise contacting Mcdonald’s themselves who may be able to help you.

However if you were not a customer of Starbucks it is unlikely that they will look into your charge.

I am sorry I could not be of further assistance.

Many thanks,

Heather Anne Christie
 ‑ 
Starbucks Area Manager
FTG Area/Regionals
thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen
[email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is initial contact with Alex Rayner or her assistant:

Dear Bartek, 

Thank you for your response.

I apologise for our delay in responding to your email. We take great pride in answering all contacts received in Starbucks Customer Care. Recently we have received an unusually high volume of contacts and I thank you for your patience while we diligently respond to all our customers.

I have shared your details with the Euro Garages operations team and they will be in contact with you regarding your penalty charge notice. 

I have also shared the details of this incident with the relevant teams within Starbucks. 

We hope to welcome you back soon. 

Yours sincerely, 

Chloe N.

1 hour ago, bartekskibi said:

Or I would advise contacting Mcdonald’s themselves who may be able to help you.

However if you were not a customer of Starbucks it is unlikely that they will look into your charge.

Strange thing to say!

Just a thought...

Try a reply, asking Heather Anne who owns the land?

Could be quite useful info.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

You've been very unlucky because up till now there had been a 100% Euro Garages cancellation rate.

Starbucks had always replied pretty positively, as in your case (well, except for getting it wrong and referring to penalty charge notices which a private company cannot issue).

Then Euro Garages had immediately cancelled.  But not this time.  They're probably getting fed up with the sheer volume of these tickets.  Their reply looks like cut & paste as well as you never left the car so i don't know why they mention McDonalds.

EDIT - good point from Nick.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You're probably right about the cut and paste Dave.

Like you say, they are probably answering numerous similar emails at the moment... Especially, as we now know that Bucks is closd for refurbishment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to MET PCN - overstay - appealed - starbucks closed - Southgate Rd, 346, Stansted

you already know to ignore a powerless DCA

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wouldn't worry too much.  Met rarely take anyone to Court here as they know there is little chance of winning. All the Judges know it is a scam site  and mostly  throw them out if and when they come up. The main bugbear with you ot being able to get the PCN cancelled is that you have to endure endless threats from their unregulated debt collectors. Those letters are quite harmless and can be safely ignored  though on first reading they can be scary. 

You don't owe them any money and so there is nothing they can do to you despite their threats. Met can threaten you with Court but as they don't actually carry out the threat usually and they lose when they do  there is precious little to concern you.  

Go about your daily work and just relax about it. Just keep an eye out for a letter of Claim that might turn up. just get back to us and we will tell you the next move to make.