Proof of ID to receive refund from online store

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 17/07/2023 at 01:09, Manxman in exile said:

But the OP doesn't have a contract with Evri  DHL to deliver it.  So what is the legal basis of the claim? 

If A purchased B from C, but C used D to deliver B to A, and the delivery failed, what is the basis of A's  claim against D?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the OP's legal rights are against the trader (C), not the courier (D). 

So what is the basis of the claim?  If the seller doesn't cough up, how does the OP persuade a UK court that Evri should pay up?

Is it Torts (Interference with Goods) legislation?  You haven't answered which (1) doesn't help the OP if they need to claim and (2) makes me think you don't know...

@dx100uk - So the answer to my question is...?

Edited by Manxman in exile

ofcourse they do.

so you are saying that someone that orders something from ebay and the seller uses xxxx courier, over which the buyer has no control, and the item goes missing, they have no claim against the courier? :crazy:

that goes against i think now +50 wins nows here against various couriers...

as i said in post 8 last weds...get on with it. DHL cough nicely.

but as the OP has not logged in since AM thursday...dead duck..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your input everyone. I really appreciate your help. Of course I read everything as soon as it gets posted and I get a notification. I am not necessarily always logged in. 

Store said DHL claimed a signature release form? authorised them to leave anywhere. When I said I hadn’t done this, they didn’t come back to me again since last week. 

Most recent reply from store, what do you guys think I should do…?

Could you please send us a picture of your driving license or if you don't have, your passport / ID , so that we can conclude our investigation?

In addition, we require a written statement of non-receipt (not the declaration sent before, just write on a piece of paper with your full details).

Should you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hello 👋 has my thread been archived or something?

I have not received any responses (not that I am owed them but I am a bit surprised due to how helpful many different members have already been 😊) so was looking for any ideas what to do next.

Thanks 

you were already told what to do but appear to have simply ignored the advice..?

dx

and they

5 hours ago, Pelatron said:

Hello 👋 has my thread been archived or something?

I have not received any responses (not that I am owed them but I am a bit surprised due to how helpful many different members have already been 😊) so was looking for any ideas what to do next.

Thanks 

Sorry if I've missed it but have you answered @BankFodder's question at #12?

If you paid by credit card you might have s75 claim if each item cost over £100.  (You say total cost was around £100?)  So far as I'm aware s75 applies to purchases from abroad just as it does the UK.

If you paid by debit card you may have a chargeback claim.

If either of those two applies, that would be my first resort.

If you paid by some other method I'd go back to them and say you don't have a passport or a driving licence, but you can provide a copy of a utility bill (as suggested by @Andyorch in #4).

Personally I'd only try issuing a court claim against DHL under the rights of third parties legislation as a last resort.  I'd have thought it was the one most likely to involve the most hassle and effort on your part...