Ticket for being 4 mins past bay restriction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Warden is a traffic warden. I'm sure s/he knows how long it physically takes to print a ticket, dear.

I actually think that The Warden is (or was) a parking attendant.

If he were a TW, he would not be taking pictures etc. and would niether know nor care about council guidelines.

He would be issuing FPNs and leaving drivers to argue in the Magistrates' Court were he a TW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I take it from the above that TW's are supposed to take the photos before issuing the ticket then, because they don't in Blackpool, only AFTER fixing the ticket to the windscreen do they start taking photos. Are there any set rules/guidelines on this issue?

Incidentally the tickets are not signed either!

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Do I take it from the above that TW's are supposed to take the photos before issuing the ticket then, because they don't in Blackpool, only AFTER fixing the ticket to the windscreen do they start taking photos. Are there any set rules/guidelines on this issue?

Incidentally the tickets are not signed either!

The idea of taking a picture after issuing is to provide evidence that the ticket was issued correctly and affixed to the vehicle - not necessarily to provide evidence of the parking conravention.

Are the tickets not council-issued? If so, then what are TWs doing there; they should be PAs.

I was using TW's as a general description, that's what most people still know them as.

I can walk down a street, see a contravention and if it warants an immediate ticket, i could have it printed, signed, folded in the envelope and on the car within 60 seconds of me taking the photographs of the contravention.

This was the phrase I was referring to which gives the impression that photos are taken BEFORE the ticket is issued, not after.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 2 months later...

Update : the Notice to owner was cancelled after I sent them a leaflet I picked up from the local council confirming our blue badge gave us a 5 minute period of grace. While it may not have been the reason it was cancelled I thought the fact that 4 other parking attendants in other boroughs had confirmed the grace period isn't a myth was worth a couple of lines in my essay of appeal.

Micia Vs Scumbags Approx Actual

HSBC - DPSA sent, £4000

HSBC Visa - DPSA sent, £300

Barclays - DPSA sent, £300

Littlewoods - DPSA sent, £50

Style Card - DPSA sent, £50

Barclaycard- Statements pending, £200

Capital One- Statements pending, £200

GE Capital (DP)- Statements pending, £50

Natwest- £556.21, LBA Sent

GE Capital (NL)- £80, LBA Sent

Clode PLC- £330.64, LBA sent

Argos- £114.50, LBA sent

No offence, but the independant appeals officer is lying.

I can walk down a street, see a contravention and if it warants an immediate ticket, i could have it printed, signed, folded in the envelope and on the car within 60 seconds of me taking the photographs of the contravention.

So, to deliver the PCN within one minute of the ticket expiring, you would have to take all of the photographs before the ticket had expired... Wouldn't this render the photographic evidence invalid as it does not show an offence being committed? I assume, then, that this 'technicality' would be kept hidden, unless it was specifically requested, to ensure that the ticket is paid. Is it any wonder that people do not trust parking attendants!?

So, to deliver the PCN within one minute of the ticket expiring, you would have to take all of the photographs before the ticket had expired... Wouldn't this render the photographic evidence invalid as it does not show an offence being committed? I assume, then, that this 'technicality' would be kept hidden, unless it was specifically requested, to ensure that the ticket is paid. Is it any wonder that people do not trust parking attendants!?

No because you misworded what i said.

Example: A meter goes 3 minutes into penalty, 2 minutes in penalty (area specific) is safe.

The meter shows P002, then it shows P003.

at P003, a photo get's taken showing that the meter is now three minutes in penalty, and like i originally said, i can print sign place in an envleope and put on the car WITHIN 60 seconds of taking the photo....so no... your wrong.

the minute the meter is P003 (offence commited as you put it), the ticket is on the car and i'm walking away and the meter is STILL showing P003, not P004. All done within the minute of expiry.

Nothing stops me from taking the photographs of the car's location, the tax disk, etc etc AFTER the iniitial photograph of the meter in expiry and the ticket printed. Everything is time stamped, and we can't change the DAPs times. so what they'd get is for example:

10:23am photograph of meter PO215 displaying P003 minutes in penalty

10:23am PCN issued to vehicle occupying bay PO215

10:23am photograph of tax disk of said car, and location.

10:23am log of street and location on street while on beat.

further more...

[snap] photo taken, 1 second of my time

details entered, printed, signed and placed. WELL within a minute.

[snap] tax

[snap] meter

[snap] location

[snap] yada yada yada

It doesn't take more than a second to press a button on a camera.

i take a photograph of your tax, the car on the yellow lines with maybe a shop in the background (to give some idea of location as well as contravention), any other photograph that maybe neccasary i.e. timeplates, no parking signs, etc..etc... and then i go on to take the ticket details to produce the ticket. If the ticket gets printed and no sign of driver, i place in an envelope (yellow & black = K&C) place on windscreen then take a photogrpah of the ticket on the windscreen with the tax disc all in one photo so it couldn't be any other windscreen.

Okay, without being too pedantic... Get camera out, walk around the car, get in position, take photo; nearer 30 seconds to a minute? Look around, take "any other photograph that maybe neccasary i.e. timeplates, no parking signs, etc..etc... ". Probably another minute or two and then "take a photogrpah of the ticket on the windscreen with the tax disc all in one photo so it couldn't be any other windscreen."

I really don't see how you can do all of this AND write a ticket in under sixty seconds... :confused:

Okay, without being too pedantic... Get camera out, walk around the car, get in position, take photo; nearer 30 seconds to a minute? Look around, take "any other photograph that maybe neccasary i.e. timeplates, no parking signs, etc..etc... ". Probably another minute or two and then "take a photogrpah of the ticket on the windscreen with the tax disc all in one photo so it couldn't be any other windscreen."

I really don't see how you can do all of this AND write a ticket in under sixty seconds... :confused:

It's good to ask!

Firstly, it doesn't take a minute to snap a picture. If the meter in this example is turning to P003, then it only takes a second to take the photo using the digital camera on it's auto setting. and it doesn't take long to fill in the details using the touch screen of the DAP. the printer is IR, and prints using thermal technology, so no inks to leak or get blotted by the elements.

To fold the PCN and place in pouch doesn't take long when you've had alot of practice, and yes, a photo of the PCN near the tax disk on the car, in one photo, again.... only taking another second of your time.. ok....two at most!

When it's your job to do so, and your efficient, you really don't hang about...it's not in your interest too. It used to take me about 6 minutes when i first started...but your mind plays tricks on you, and you don't have a system. It's all mis-matched data, and you don't know what to do with it all. when you get to about 3 minutes, you think your getting somewhere, but accidents still happen. This resolves to a squashed pcn, where you enter it as inccorect data or a squashed pcn and you redo it.

Timing comes from perfecting the system. knowing what info the dap wants next, and knowing when to take your photos. You can size up your shots as your printing, and get into position.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, don't want to sound harsh or anything but you overstayed the time - you did the crime now pay the fine. If you expect 5 mins leeway, why not 6 then 7 and so on 'oh I'm only 30secs over the leeway period its so unfair' would be the next cry - where would it end?

If only life was so black and white! The trouble with the majority of street parking is that you have to pay in advance for a specific amount of time. If you return early to your car you don't get a refund, so it is harsh that you can be given such a hefty fine for the trivial 'offence' of returning to your car 5 minutes late. This could often be due to causes beyond your control, such as a delay on the tube, an over-run appointment or even a slow bank teller. Parking does have to be controlled, but those charged with its enforcement need to realise that they cannot keep treating the public as a cash cow.