34j being in bus lane Newham during road works

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, once again I need help from you lovely people. 

We got a pcn for being in a bus lane momentarily due to road works on opposite side of the road. You had to kind of give way to oncoming traffic which forced you into the bus lane. In the video footage you can see the cars start moving from opposite side but also that our car once past the hazard starts to manoeuvre out of the bus lane again. 

Contravention happened on barking road junction with Bartle avenue in Newham. I'm wondering how many  people got fined during the road works. The bus lane should have been not in use as its unsafe to stay in your lane with cars pushing into your lane due to the road works. 

I'm not sure how to share the stills though will try and work that out. 

I'm definitely appealing but not sure how to word this. 

There's a lane for oncoming traffic, my lane and then bus lane to my left. The works were in the lane of oncoming traffic and they had temporary traffic lights.

As we were passing the works the lights changed so the oncoming cars started to move forward into our lane.

To keep a safe distance from the oncoming cars we had to manoeuvre to the left causing us to enter the bus lane. There was a large van in front of us so as our visibility was slightly obscured we couldn't tell how much avoidance was needed to clear oncoming traffic. But as soon as it was safe to do so we were back in our lane. We did not continue in the bus lane. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

put the VDO up on youtube

link that here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

read upload use one mass pdf only.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no glossing over, there are further traffic lights just ahead which you can't see.

From our entry point passing the temporary traffic lights for our lane you don't know if you'll clear the works before the lights ahead change and you can't see them anyway from our vantage point.

We were last in a long queue of cars. The temporary lights change just before we clear the works and the cycle moves off and the car starts to come into our lane.

Due to traffic lights in both directions there was usually bottle neck in the vicinity of the works as cars couldn't get past the works before the lights ahead changed. 

I wasn't driving by the way but I was a passenger in the car.

I'm not 100% why he moved into the bus lane, if it was just following the van in fronts positioning or because there's a bus leaning into his lane which you can see in the video but not the stills.

Unfortunately as it was so long ago I don't have dash cam footage anymore either to check.