Amazon Import Duty and Taxes issue

yellowplum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Buying from amazon UK is normally quite straight forward in most instances, but when you need to contact them for anything out of the ordinary they seems to not understand. 

I wondered if anyone had any ideas in how to obtain an invoice from Amazon UK. 

The background, ordered an item from amazon.co.uk it shipped from Germany and had Estimated Import Duties and Taxes added to the order.  Fine so far....item arrives, invoice online in the account is only for the item not the duties and taxes.  

I contacted amazon to ask for the invoice for the duties and taxes that had been paid, they told me they would contact the courier and request this (they are the courier).

Nothing arrived, £0.11 refund was given.  

The item cost £176.12 from Germany with no vat as it states on the Amazon invoice.  

I want to know how they added £43.67 duties and taxes.

They can't give me the invoice they say.  If I don't have it I should use this link to contact the courier - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G32QG6CV4SQVDRBY

Guess what, Amazon is the courier and is not listed anywhere on that page!

The response 

As your carrier of the global store order is Amazon. For Amazon Carrier we cannot provide invoices inclusive of Import Fees. A longer-term solution is being worked on to enable this, however, at this time Transportation teams are unable to support.

17 hours ago, yellowplum said:

... Nothing arrived, £0.11 refund was given...

Do you mean no invoice in respect of duty and tax arrived?

... The item cost £176.12 from Germany with no vat as it states on the Amazon invoice...

If the invoice quotes a price excluding VAT, wouldn't VAT account for £35.22 of the £43.67?

Amazon as a courier may not be obliged to provide you with an "invoice" for those charges, but they ought to be able to give you a breakdown of them.  Have you tried just asking what the £43.67 is composed of rather than asking for an invoice?

I want to know how they added £43.67 duties and taxes.

yes how do you know the above IS for customs fees?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Because it tells you that it is for Duties and Taxes when they collect it at the checkout for pre-payment. 

On 01/04/2023 at 18:33, Manxman in exile said:

Do you mean no invoice in respect of duty and tax arrived?

If the invoice quotes a price excluding VAT, wouldn't VAT account for £35.22 of the £43.67?

Amazon as a courier may not be obliged to provide you with an "invoice" for those charges, but they ought to be able to give you a breakdown of them.  Have you tried just asking what the £43.67 is composed of rather than asking for an invoice?

I will ask as you suggest, I doubt very much they will even explain and just give me the links they do. 

How to Request an Amazon Global Store Invoice - Amazon Customer Service

AmazonGlobal Terms and Conditions - Amazon Customer Service

They state - 

To obtain details regarding the Actual Import Fees, or to obtain documentation or receipts in connection with customs clearance, you may contact the Carrier specified in your dispatch confirmation e-mail.

Unfortunately the carrier is Amazon and they have no way of contacting them to get the fees.