Evri- £400 item missing - Court Claim Issued-**Settled at mediation. Confidentiality agreement signed**

It will have to be this afternoon. Don't worry too much because everything is becoming interrupted anyway because of the coronation.

Check back later

On 03/05/2023 at 10:53, Natsirt said:

"On 13th March 2023 the claimant through 1/3 party broker use the defendant's delivery service, to deliver a parcel to a UK address. Item Value: £400,  Delivery fee:  £5.86. Tracking number H0067A0143893128

the defendants breached the contract in that they lost the parcel. The defendants have refused to reimburse the claimant. The claimant declined to purchase the defendants enhanced insurance policy as this was effectively selling duplicate rights contrary to the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant is already aware of three judgements from three separate judges in three separate courts against them on precisely this point. The claimant is exercising their rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.

£25 was reimbursed by the broker.

The Claimant Claims:

The balance of the full value of the item: £375

The delivery fee of £5.86

plus interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984, plus costs

Let us know if there is anything missing or anything wrong or anything else that you want to add

So annoyingly although that version fits the character limit, it doesn't fit the lines limit. I've tried on both Chrome and Edge browsers and it each it seems to be adding line breaks a lot earlier than the end of the actual box.  Has anyone experienced that and how to get around it?

copy and paste it from a pure text program like ms notepad.

take out the line breaks just use a fullstop bewteen lines, quite usual on mcol.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yeah, even with notepad it didn't like it.

I've condensed it and removed line breaks so it now reads: 

"On 13/03/23 the claimant through a 1/3 party broker used the defendant's service to deliver a parcel value £400 to a UK address. Item Value: £400, Delivery fee: £5.86, Tracking number    ref: xxxxx.

The defendants breached the contract by losing the parcel and have refused to reimburse the claimant. £25 was reimbursed by the broker (hence the claim is for the £375 balance plus delivery charge of £5.86).

The claimant declined to purchase the defendants enhanced insurance policy as this was effectively selling duplicate rights contrary to the consumer rights act 2015.

The defendant is aware of 3 judgements from separate judgements and courts against them on precisely this point.

The claimant is exercising their rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999."

Please check the edits

that should easy fit.

change the 1st line to read the claimant (C) , the use (C) where ever after you've put claimant.

same for defendant (D) .

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did check your edits but sadly that wouldn't fit in the box. 

Too many lines, even after putting it in Notepad and copying from there, hence my newer version. 

Please post up what you are eventually going to be using

na somethings wrong. you can get double that in mcol,

go into the box where you copy text to on mcol

click your mouse so you see the flashing I bar

hold ctrl hit A. let go, hold ctrl hit x.

then try copying the text from the already opened file in notepad. by left mouse drag to blue it.

then ctrl c.

go back to mcol click in defence box and hit ctrl v

dx

and they

Sorry Bankfodder, I missed your edits previously.  Refreshed the page and they came up.  I've now managed to submit as follows (note I've removed the delivery fee amount as I remembered Packlink also refunded that): 

On 13/03/23 the claimant through a 1/3 party broker used the defendant's service to deliver a parcel value £400 to a UK address. ref: xxxxxx.

The defendants breached the contract by losing the parcel and have refused to reimburse the claimant. £25 was reimbursed by the broker.

The claimant declined to purchase the defendants enhanced insurance  policy as this was effectively selling duplicate rights contrary to the consumer rights act 2015.

The defendant is aware of three judgements from separate judgements and courts against them on precisely this point.

The claimant is exercising their rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.

Claim is for balance of reimbursement (£375) plus interest and court fee. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Evri have now filed their defence. As expected it relies on my contract being with Packlink and not Evri. I can post the whole thing if needed, but the key parts are: 

They admit they lost it

They need me to prove the value (easily done with Ebay receipts)

They claim it's a Packlink problem, not an Evri one: 

What they haven't done is demonstrate why the Rights of Third Parties Act doesn't apply here.  So it sounds like they're just trying it on? 

I've not actually had any notification of what's going on in the post, I just saw this when I logged into Moneyclaim online today.  The current status is "DQ Sent to Evri Courier Service on 07/06/23".  

Do I need to wait till informed on what next steps are?

Yes, no surprises but please do post up the whole thing in PDF format

thats your claimform NOT their defence........

and do you really want your pers details on an open forum?

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri- £400 item missing - cOurt Claim Issued

The "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track" has just come through. I'm going to tick "yes" to mediation. There's a question about whether it's suitable for determination without a hearing. Based on my claim and the defence that Evri filed, would this be wise? 

If going to court I plan to tick "no" to expert evidence and only list myself as a witness. 

I would suggest that it is not suitable for determination without hearing. I think there should be a hearing and you will need to present and argue your case.

If you haven't been to court before then I suggest that you have a look at our County Court familiarisation guide to make a familiarisation visit

• 5 months later...

Hi - I'm currently suing Evri and kicked off the process earlier this year 

I've submitted by Directions Questionnaire response but it seems Evri haven't. 

On 9th October I was copied into a letter sent to the defendant telling them the hadn't submitted a DQ response and had until the 23rd October to do so.  If they don't then their defence gets automatically struck out. 

It's now the 27th November and there's no update on Money Claims Online.

I've received no further letters. 

Does anyone know if there's anything I should do now? 

I'm a bit worried that I might have missed something! 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Evri- £400 item missing - Court Claim Issued

You need to contact the court and request they strike out the defendant's defence as per their letter dated xxxxx advising of their order.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just been on the phone to them (took over an hour to get through).  Their backlog is such that they're currently only processing things that came through on the 4th October.  So still likely 2-3 weeks before we know whether Evri actually responded or not.  Really hoping they didn't!

• Like 1