Lost parcel Via parcel2go ***Resolved Refunded Full amount***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all and thank you for such a great resource.  I have spent the last week reading through some people's stories and it is refreshing to see that you guys have helped a lot of people.

Here is my story:

I sent a parcel to the USA to a friend in January for her birthday.  This contained some English chocolates, biscuits etc.  Stuff you can't get in the states.  total value was roughly £30 and I did purchase additional insurance and covered it for the £30 (although, reading through this forum I can see that is not necessary).

Parcel obviously did not arrive and has now gone to the claim stage. 

This is where is gets silly:

Parcel2go are not progressing this claim as they are asking me for an invoice from the "buyer" for the amount of the goods sent.  I've sent several messages to support and to the claims@parcel2go email explaining that this was a personal parcel sent to a friend for her birthday and I was in no way paid.  I keep getting the same response back asking me for the buyers invoice with a detailed amount of how much was paid to myself for the items.  They insist they cannot take this further without this non existent invoice!

I have sent one final email back to them, stating how ridiculous this all is and if I do not receive a satisfactory response then I will be looking to take this further.  They are really expecting me to keep receipts from ASDA etc detailing random chocolate bars and snacks that were mixed in with our weekly shop and then to invoice my friend for this?.   I've also informed them that they were happy to take my insurance fee for £30 before proving it was £30 worth of stuff in there.  If I'm honest, it was probably a bit more than £30 worth of stuff, I just rounded it up and assumed that a parcel I paid £31 to ship, would actually arrive (there is a novel idea huh?)   

I so far have sent bank statements, an email from my friend stating that the parcel did not show up (pointless as they can see from the tracking, but they ask for this anyway!), and a photo of the inside of the package full to the brim of snacks/chocolates.  In my last email, I have said I am willing to take further action on this as I've missed a friends birthday, and now am having to jump through hoops just to get the money back for a parcel that was lost.  This was yesterday and I have not gotten a response yet after they usually respond within 12 hours.

All I am seeking is my money back , nothing more, nothing less - £30 for the goods and £31 shipping fee.  I think that is more than fair considering.

Should I now wait for yet another response before going forward to the next steps or should I pre-emptively get the ball rolling?   ideally, I would like to get all of this sorted before any kind of mediation/court, but I feel they are just asking me for something that doesn't exist (an invoice to my friend) in order to just keep pushing back and to not pay out.   I am 100% not letting this go.

I'm assuming this doesn't matter as it was bought through a broker, but I believe the courier they used for this was Evri international. 

letter of claim time

then issue your court claim on day 15

stop pussy futting around.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's OK, albeit a bit wordy.

Personally I'd cut out the part

I have gone through the claim steps. but you are insisting that I supply an invoice for the
amount I was paid for the goods before my loss claim can progress. This "invoice" does
not exist, as this was a PERSONAL parcel sent to a friend, and no financial transaction took
place prior to this parcel being sent.

I have contacted you several times to explain this, but you have failed to acknowledge
that this was a personal parcel, not a business transaction, and you refuse to proceed with
my claim unless I produce a non exitent document.

They already know all this, there's no need to repeat it.

Use a spelling checker too, there are a number of spelling mistakes.

If no-one else objects send it off tomorrow, and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry for the late reply, I work night shift.

Thank you for that - amended and will post this tomorrow.  Will post back here with any and all updates. 

Thanks again

• Like 1

Register with the county court MoneyClaim online website and start preparing your claim.

Post a draft of your particulars of claim here

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Finally back home after working away from home for the week.

Letter of claim was sent via email and recorded delivery on Saturday 18th

Monday 20th my claim on the P2G website was closed due to "insufficient documents"

I was going to register with the Moneyclaim website tonight, but this afternoon I got an email from P2G saying my claim has been successful and asking for bank details to pass the money to me within 5-7 days.  this will be for the FULL amount of goods and carriage :)

A Happy ending.  Thank you all for the help.  I'm not a rich man by any means, but on payday I will be chucking you a few quid for all that you do here.   I'll be honest, I've lost hours upon hours of reading through this forum.  Fascinating stuff.

Thanks again!

• Like 2

let us know when you get the full payout

well done

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Lost parcel Via parcel2go - They won't progress my claim for a stupid reason. **RESOLVED FOR FULL VALUE**
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Checked my account just now, and my refund for the goods was sent to my bank account on Friday

Checked my P2G account, and they have credited that with the cost of carriage.  Looks like this was done on Friday also

Not going to argue the toss with them about that -  I will use the credit to attempt to get my parcel to the States and then be done with them. 

Donation sent, sorry I couldn't send more.  I really appreciate everything. 

• Thanks 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Lost parcel Via parcel2go **RESOLVED FOR FULL VALUE**

:yo:

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Lost parcel Via parcel2go ***Resolved Refunded Full amount***