IDR Legal and SD countdown letters re UAE NDS pers loan debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, 

Hope you don’t mind me crashing the conversation! Also have been following posts for years as have IDR sending letters then they stop and start again. 

Now receiving letters from “IDR legal” and weekly texts always in full capitals. At the one week mark as per their letter from the 14th Feb before they serve a SD. Wondering if anyone has gone past this mark and they actually followed through with a SD?

see a lot of links of what to do if a SD is served but they always seem to be removed or out of date. Never able to see anyone’s posts if anything ever goes any further or if anyone has actually been to court and failed or succeeded against IDR,

Any updates additional info would be great.. 

Have been following posts for years as have IDR sending letters then they stop and start again. 

Now receiving letters from “IDR legal” and weekly texts always in full capitals. At the one week mark as per their letter from the 14th Feb before they serve a SD. Wondering if anyone has gone past this mark and they actually followed through with a SD?

see a lot of links of what to do if a SD is served but they always seem to be removed or out of date. Never able to see anyone’s posts if anything ever goes any further or if anyone has actually been to court and failed or succeeded against IDR,

Any updates additional info would be great.. 

I think I did read that someone got an SD but I’m not sure if it was handed to them (as dx stated before and I have done my own research- email or letter is not acceptable, it has to be physically handed)

even then, anyone can print an SD form from the internet, we need to find out if it is legit once someone has one.

But so far no one on these threads have, I believe we’re all at the same stage x

we dont remove any threads.

a thread being out of date is simply because the user got help, and nothing happened

but as per usual people can never be bothered to comeback and update us to help others.

even though they as you posted on an existing thread .and then were told to make your own.

hence this thread.

99% of SD threats are just threats hoping people wet themselves and cough up.

anyone can download the SD form and post it off to anyone. it has nothing to do with any court nor do the court know its been filled out an sent to a mug. 99% of the time is fake and never happens.

now if they actually after 18days start the process in court is a totally different matter.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

following as in exactly same situation. Lets keep updating on our threads so we can work out how to proceed together :)

I know of someone with 500k loan who left Dubai years ago who has always ignored letters and had no action so hoping this is just scare tactics.

They dont even read the letters anymore and just return to sender but theres no return address so probably the same as ignoring.

• I agree 1

HI Dx

Yes noted and thanks for the response.

This seems to be a new approach from IDR and now they’re so called IDR legal.

Have read through most posts here and followed what has been advised ignore and write to the bank (NBD) to advise address etc.

will see what their next move is and will update accordingly.. 

Good move .

When did you leave and what is the debt?

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to IDR Legal and SD countdown letters re UE NDS debt

I left Dubai early 2013 having outstanding salary of around 7 months and 7 years of gratuity which was supposedly to be paid into my NBD account which easily covered the debt I had with them. Needless to say this didn’t happen even though the chairman of the company was a multi millionaire and major share holder in NBD. 

Now being stated as owing around 60k AED I’m sure there’s plenty of interest added onto that.. 

is this a bank account or a card. i think one is 10yrs sb in UAE?

dx

and they

the limitation period for commercial contracts (as set out in Federal Law 18 of 1993 (the “Commercial Code”)) is usually 10 years.

and they

Yes people have been taken to court by IDR who rely on a supposed legal experts evidence.

Its the same letter each time.

They often then win the case or force you to pay up.

People just dont seem to bother posting up these results.

For every one person that happens to there are tons more left alone.

Being a numbers game it seems they focus on people they can get a quick result on ie with property.

• Like 1

My loan is a personal loan would this likely to be covered under the federal rule you have listed? “Usually” how would I find out for sure? 

if it is the case that IDR quite often win why would the advice always be ignore, if it is based on a numbers game there’s going to be some that ignore and potentially paying costs above and beyond. I had read some time ago to write back to them to provide proof of debt and quite often nothing comes back or if it does perhaps shows original debt without the interest / original agreement to understand if this claimable under UK law. 

I have also read somewhere under UAE law if you had already paid more than original sum borrowed then the case couldn’t be pursued. Is this actually the case and could this then be used? 

On 17/02/2023 at 09:13, dubai 5 0 said:

Yes people have been taken to court by IDR who rely on a supposed legal experts evidence.

Its the same letter each time.

They often then win the case or force you to pay up.

People just dont seem to bother posting up these results.

For every one person that happens to there are tons more left alone.

Being a numbers game it seems they focus on people they can get a quick result on ie with property.

Hi Dubai 5 0, please can I ask how you know this information? ThaNk you 

• 2 weeks later...

thread tidied from interruption.

• Thanks 1

and they

Can I ask- where did you get this statement from?

Under GPDR do you have permission to post the solicitor’s name on here?

And what is your motivation to provide all of this information?

Why are you ‘helping’ and advising?

Like, where did you find this thread? Y

ou’re not in the same position as any of us, it does seem a bit weird I can’t lie

@Jdaher77 @Pk2023 @Jigglypuffs

what to you think?

• I agree 1

This thread has made me apprehensive, especially after the other persons accusations.

We will never know as its a forum, but my gut has said on a couple of threads that something doesn't ring true and I may be leaning that way on this one too. 

As previously mentioned, I know someone who has ignored letters for years and nothing...but I also do appreciate it could well be a numbers game/luck of the draw. 

Has anyone had any follow up yet?

Its gone quiet on my end, but I am expecting something to materialise as I believe they probably are wanting us to sweat for a bit - they seem to like the scare tactics and bullying. 

Honestly, I am going to wait.

We have more to gain this way and all the stories indicating 'drastic consequences' just dont add up to me. 

lol I got this from this site! Hornseys thread!

As I was being accused of working for IDR lol.

Ive been in Dubai for the past 20 years. knowing tons of people in the construction industry who all buggered off in 2009 means I know quite a few people going through this process! 

22 minutes ago, Lovetoteach said:

Under GPDR do you have permission to post the solicitor’s name on here?

dont need it . does not apply

dx

and they

what are you on about not in your position. Im in almost the same position. ie hassled by IDR and JandP. no SD yet however. but Im just arming myself with as much info as possible which is surely sensible. apparently not! 

I do find it odd that the past couple of times I've posted two brand new posters have come up accusing me of being a worker from IDR. More than suspicious.

End of the day, it seems like theres no one who's an actual expert on this and so I think we have to just go with our gut on the info provided. Too many grey areas and different apparent outcomes going on.

As we dont know who anyone is etc, its natural to question where info comes from etc

All I can say is no matter the outcome with myself, I will keep updating the thread - I think if people were getting shafted though, they'd come back and warn people. So far I have seen 1 post like that and I just felt there was something off about it. 

• Like 1

are you (removed by dx)

You’ve uploaded documents under the case of (removed by dx) .

So unless you are him, then you quite clearly work for IDR. And you’ll have to answer for the gdpr you’ve abused by uploading a redacted document easily unredacted by editing exposure and sharpness. All the best!