PIP award for son with autism - already ended at time award letter received ? **RESOLVED**

The Phantom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help here with a claim for PIP.

My son (18) with ASD is receiving UC & LCWRA and has made a claim for PIP in October last year.

We filled out the forms and provided medical evidence.

He had an assessment on the 2nd of February and received a text message that he was awarded PIP a week later.

He received a lumpsum payment of £790 today and a letter in the post saying he scored 8 points in the daily living needs section but 0 points mobility.

The award letter says he was awarded the standard rate of £61.85 per week from 7th of October 2022 to the 6th of February 2023 which was last week.

Does this mean they have already ended his claim / award last week and just paid him for four months ?

I am a bit confused.

Is this common to only award PIP for four months and have the claim already end by the time you get your award letter ?

no surely that is back payment , and he will get £61+ weekly now going forward .....read the letter properly!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have attached a copy of the letter.

It reads as if the claim has ended on the 6th of February, i.e. a day before they sent him the letter.

It would make more sense if it said 6th of feb 2024, that would be 1 year, but four months seems an odd time frame for a PIP claim, especially ending it before they even send him the award letter.

I guess I have to brave it and call the help line ....

Document_2023-02-13_202909.pdf

Agree that the letter simply states that the claim has been paid from 7th October to 6th February (day before the letter is dated)

The claim is being continued, but the letter cannot confirm payments for dates which are beyond the date of the letter, as those dates have not yet actually happened yet.

Letters from DWP are never great at explaining every aspect in a clear way.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no thats the date range of the BACKDATED SUM they are sending him.

he has his PIP Claim going forward

read the letter PROPERLY.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is a note at the end saying

'I awarded you PIP for a set time as your needs may change'

but there is nowhere on the letter saying what that set time is.

That's why I thought it was 07.10.22 -06.02.23 (last week) which would be around 4 months.

There is also no statement on what future payments would be and when they would be paid. As if there are no future payments . 

I initially thought there are two options:

a) he was only awarded 4 months worth of PIP for some reason (although there is no reason as to why that would be)

b) whoever entered the details put a wrong end date in (6th of Feb 2023 instead of 6th of Feb 2024 or 2025...)

- and because that end date was in the past when they printed the letter, the system didn't include payments going forward and that's why that section is missing from the paperwork and this went unnoticed when they posted the letter.

actually to be correct...

their template system looks like has screwed up printing it properly

or as i more suspect or bod did not tick the 'on going payment' on their system

there is a whole sentence missing on the award letter you have from the usual ones that go out, that comes first  and should end with the words 'for an on going period.'

that letter is solely about he back payment.

ring and check. 

but as his 'condition' has not and will not change - it's just an admin error i suspect

dx

and they

Kudos to everyone who responded, you were all pretty much right.

I managed to penetrate the telephone helpline's defences today and managed to speak to someone.

In the process I was only cut off once and my total waiting time didn't exceed an hour. 

The nice person on the phone agreed the letter wasn't worded very well and they omitted to put the actual award period in there.

I was told the award period is two years until February 2025 when it will become due for a review.

The time period in the letter (7th of October 22 to 6th of Feb 23) is the time period for which they have now paid him and for which he received the payment into his bank account yesterday.

Again, he agreed that is not too clear and could be worded better.

He will continue to receive monthly payments from March onwards.

He should get further letters to this effect and they will also send a new letter explaining the proper award period to put his mind at rest.

So thank you to all who responded, you were spot on.

Thank you !!

:rockon:

Dx

• Thanks 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to PIP award for son with autism - already ended at time award letter received ? **RESOLVED**